• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beauty and Rage [Imperial/Any]
    She had never felt love.

Her autumn reunion with her mother had brought some solace to her aching heart - a heart that had never felt the tenderness of a family. It was rather criminal - the earth had ripped what she was accustomed to to shreds, then took her memories with it. She did not have recollections of a loving family, she did not have memories of her mother or father or any siblings. She had never felt loved; some days, this thought did not bother her, but other days, such as today, it sent her into a slow descent of madness. 

Winter has reared its ugly head - the air is cold and stagnant, the trees stripped of their lush greenery, the earth beneath her hooves covered in a thick layer of ivory powder. A season she finds herself often dreading, the world is gray and miserable, and she has found herself searching for something to do to keep her mind off it. 

Kuma travels to the base of the mountain once more, where her small cove awaits her. She shivers as a rare, slight breeze catches her coat, and she moves inside. She listens to the echo of her footsteps as they clip along the hard rock beneath her, and she lays down upon it, deciding she will watch the world go by around her. 

@[Imperial]

OOC: Sorry it sucks (writers block is killing me even though i have muse -.-) but here you go! I'm excited for them to meet Smile

Don't get too close

It was funny how his life had turned out.  He had ran the first moment he got a chance.  Ran from the bickering, the blood shed, his expectations.  He could never live up to what his father had been.  What he desperately wanted his son to be.  The same ruthless sadist.  He was flawed though in many ways.  His eyes that of the ocean, not the fires of hell.  He did not possess the powers his father had either.  Possibly the only thing he did inherit was his father's good looks...

So he has wandered across much of Beqanna.  Having escaped the fall of Pangea.  The final tearing apart of his 'family'.  Now he was free.  Free to go where he wished and be who he was without fear that they would find him.  He just recently had returned to Loess.  The winter here was more harsh but his thick muscles and full coat protected him well.  He had grown into a fine stallion of decent proportions.  Blonde tresses often obstructing his view, especially as he grazed.  Brushing the snow aside with his hooves he attempted to unearth the dried grasses beneath.  In his concentration he did not noticed the cavern nestled into the side of the cliffs.  Nor the pair of eyes watching from inside.  If the chilled breeze had been drafted the opposite direction he may have caught the scent of the other, but he was unaware.  

Once satisfied at the mediocre meal he had dug up, his crown lifted.  A swift toss of his muzzle renewed his vision.  Sky blue eyes scanned the area.  The sun's rays warmed his black coat quickly.  An added comfort to the stallion as he tipped a hind hoof.  Ears rested at the sides of his crown, as he exhaled a loud exhausted snort...

Imperial

@[Kuma]
    The mare leans against the cavern's wall, her attention drawn to the figure that soon comes into view. His silver-black coat gleams in the soft daylight, as he searches for grass beneath the blanket of snow. His golden locks cover his view, and she is amused by how unaware he is of her presence. She cocks her head slightly, and smiles at him, unsure if she should reveal herself or not. 

After a moment, Kuma emerges from her cove, the cold air still and dry. She is quiet in her approach, coming up to his side, giggling at his ever-hidden eyes. The pintaloosa halts, then stretches her neck forward.

"Hello." She whispers, bringing her head back to her chest and waiting for a response. 

@[Imperial]

Don't get too close

Oblivious to another's approach he was caught off guard when - as he tosses his locks aside - her form is a shadow beside him and her greeting a whisper.  He jolts in place in reaction.  Icey blue eyes wide as ears twist back.  His rump swings away, his chest puffed out as he faces her head on.  His muzzle is brought to his chest as nares flare.  Taking a step back to fully view the other.

"Are you crazy?!" He questions.  "You don't sneak up on others like that, you'll get hurt," composing himself again he stands square.  His eyes now examining her better.  The variety of patterns she exhibited quite unusual.  He exhales a deep breath as he is certain no danger was eminent.  Silver tassels switch across his black hide.  The only hint of his own patterns minimal on his underbelly.  Otherwise sporting tall stockings and a wide blaze. 

His ears return to an upright position, eyes returned to their usual calm demeanor.  Collected he returns her greeting, "Hi.  I'm Imperial." Again he wonders her choice of approach but he does not mention it further.  Instead he watches her contently, waiting for her next move... 

Imperial

Kuma steps back a few feet as the silver stallion jolts, his body swiveling to face her. She begins to laugh, stomach heaving as he yells at her not to sneak up on others like she had with him. His reaction is not unexpected, and the fire in his eyes allows the pintaloosa to believe that she had, indeed, scared him. 

"Well, maybe move your hair out of your eyes," She chuckles, gesturing to the blond tresses falling down his face. His gaze softens as he realizes she is no danger to him, and he finally gives her his name. "I'm Kuma." She grins at him, flicking her head to move her own chestnut locks out of her face. "And I promise I'm no danger, scaredy cat." She taunts. 

@[Imperial] 

OOC: Sorry it's so short. Still super tired from being overworked xD

Don't get too close

It wasn't very often the stallion smiled.  He found little amusement in life and remained a stickler.  It's not that he was mad at the world but he had grown up so quickly that fun was a foreign idea to him.  Life was serious and he treated it as such.  So when the painted mare began to laugh in pleasure he was shocked to find a tiny smirk cross his pale lips as she heckles him about his silver locks.  Standing straight and square he tosses his muzzle upwards.  His forelock tumbling to the left, covering his icey blue eye, "Jealous?" He jousts back at her, a smug grin apparent now.

His ears swivel as she releases her name, followed by more taunting.  Emitting a low chuckle, "I wasn't scared. Surprised. Very different emotions." Ice blue eyes followed her movements.  Closely watching and calculating as he always did.  Were her intentions simply innocence or was something else at play?  He had learned much in life but the most important was not all was as it seemed... 

"So Kuma, what brings you here on this fine day?" He was curious about her.  Obviously she was a resident here otherwise she wouldn't be so comfortable frolicking about.  He had yet to call himself a resident but the liking for the land was growing on him.   

Imperial

@[Kuma]
    She tried to enjoy the simple things in her world. Since the Reckoning, her life had been a whirlwind - her family escaping, many she knew dying or leaving, never to be seen again. She took pleasure in the flowers blooming in spring, those delicious cool breezes in the summer heat, the wind whistling through the trees...and unknown stallions lingering by her cove. 

He flips his creamy mane and makes a joke, to which she giggles slightly and throws her lengthy chestnut tresses (which nearly reach her knees now). "I believe you're the one who should be jealous," She nearly snorts as he says something about not being frightened. "Oh sureeee you weren't...scaredy cat." Kuma gives him a wink, then chuckles again. 

"So Kuma, what brings you here on this fine day?" He asks simply. The flower child allows herself to relax, cocking her back leg slightly, then nods towards the cave behind them. "I live in the cave...so maybe I should ask what you're doing here?" She glares at him playfully, and waits for a reply. 

@[Imperial]

Don't get too close

She was a feisty thing was she... Her long two toned tresses hung delicately along her nape.  She giggles and taunts him.  Icey blue orbs watch curiously.  There was something refreshing about her...

He finds himself getting lost in his thoughts.  Only to be brought back by her wink and chuckle.  A grin tugs at his silver lips. "Do you even know what being truly scared feels like Kuma?" He questions her, wondering if perhaps such a carefree girl has had such a carefree life...

His eyes bore into hers for a moment.  Looking for a hint of fear, sadness, strife.  Has she seen anything compared to what he's seen?  The intensity of his eyes may be daunting, causing her to shy away. Or maybe she feeds into them, wanting more...

"Just enjoying the scenery..." His gaze does not leave her.

Imperial

@[Kuma] <3

Kuma

"Do you even know what truly being scared feels like Kuma?" The words slip from his silver lips, venom piercing her heart. She shifts her line of sight downwards, avoiding his intense gaze. If he was joking, she couldn't tell - the question looms over her like a stormy day. 

Her home, sinking into the vast ocean. Life as she once knew it shattered, a mess of broken dreams and stripped magic. Heart racing, earth quaking beneath her hooves. She couldn't move fast enough; she had wished it all to be a nightmare, for her to wake up beside her since-forgotten family. Her body, plunging into the ocean as she tried to find sanctuary in a new world.

No friends. 

No family. 

Loneliness was like a beast in the night; always lurking beyond the shadows.  She combated it with meaningless one-night stands and relationships with others who could care less about her. The fear never left her heart - the fear that one day Beqanna may fall again, and she'd be left alone. Only this time, she would let the tides take her to the bottom...she could not face it again. 

Her emerald eyes shift back to him, jaw clenched and maw straightened into a thin line. To tell a stranger of what she's seen seems foolish. "Fear is divergent." She says blankly, shifting her weight to all four of her legs. "Your idea of fear is different than mine...but it is yours. It's all in how you react to it." Again she looks downwards, letting a sigh escape her chestnut muzzle.. He jokes about enjoying the scenery, and she smiles, again glancing at him to see his icy eyes trained on her. 

"Me too." She murmurs, locking eyes with him. 

Blessed with beauty and rage

@[Imperial] <3

Don't get too close

As he looks deep into her eyes he sees what can possibly be a mirror image of his own life.  She casts her vision downwards and he is quick to correct it.  Taking a single step forwards, bringing his muzzle to lift her chin and refocus on his eyes.  They are intense but soft as her thoughts reel now.  He waits contently, a singular swoosh of his silver tassels at his hocks.  He can feel her heart racing, his does not.  It beats steady in his chest.  Fear is divergent...

A low chuckle escapes his lips as he releases his hold on her chin, "You'd think so."  His shoulders shift to re-straighten himself, "Perhaps we are more alike than you know," he responds to her statement of their differences.  Icey orbs study her.  He was an open book.  Truth and honesty being his most valued of personality traits.  He lacked any real powers, unlike his family.  It was what made him an outcast.  That and the fact he found no humor in torture...

"After watching my homeland fall to the depths of the sea, my family running for their lives, being separated... I chose to not look for them.  I wanted a fresh start.  To be who I am without disappointing eyes upon me.  I will NEVER be my Father,"  he emphasises never in a way that she may question why.  Eyes still fixed on her even as hers fall again in response to his reasons for being here.  He does not force her to him again, he doesn't have to... Me too, she comments as her gaze returns once again. 

He smirks before shaking his silver tresses.  "So Kuma... What does one do for 'fun' in Loess?" The word is foreign to him but she seems like the type who could show one a good time...

Imperial

@[Kuma]