• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiosity killed the cat || gryffen, any
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Gray fog swirls around Dahmer's dark limbs as he crosses slowly over the invisible threshold between the Forest and Taiga, his crescent hooves stepping confidently through the knee-deep river to get there. Nearly two years have passed since the black thoroughbred has visited the land of giant redwoods, though it seems no different. The fog plays at the massive tree trunks, opaque and light enough to move with the occasional breeze. An infinite number of pine needles lay hidden beneath the shroud, sinking beneath Dahmer's hooves as he comes to a rest far enough into the territory to test the mingling scents, but not far enough to cause suspicion or disdain.

He calls loudly, the whinny echoing through the wooden columns until he fades to nothing. The winged stallion inhales deeply, his nostrils flaring curiously at the combination of scents. All evidence of Ruan has nearly faded, replaced with a new scent that is entirely unfamiliar to the icy-eyed stallion.

Curious, his mind muses as his gaze continues to scan the surrounding area. The fog makes it difficult to see a great distance in Taiga, despite remaining close to the soil, but it adds to the charm and mystery of the territory, prompting a small grin across Dahmer's lips as he waits for the guardian of this massive forest, whoever he or she may be.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Gryffen]
    a ghost in the darkness.
    Taiga has barely been his for a few hours but already they come. News travels fast, faster when given a little push. He doesn’t doubt that his beautiful mad bluebird was singing of his victory through every wood, meadow, and mountaintop. He wants them to come, wants the darkness to leave their alleyways and ghettos where they have been hiding. Find me, the hidden message in the victory call. Join me.

The cool swirling fog dampens and teases his backside. The little heat that found it’s way here had long faded with the change of season. The Taiga wraith was in his element… Cold, dark, dank. Much more comfortable this than the sweltering humidity of Tephra. How could anyone stand it? Funny that he thinks of the volcanic lands when one of their subjects comes waltzing into the forest, sending out a loud call that echoes through the massive redwoods. Annoyance flickers across his face, already disrespected. The irony of the situation apparent to him.

Slowly he drifts along with the fog, following it’s curvatures towards that of the lone black stallion. Brave or stupid? He isn’t sure. Glowing red eyes alert Dahmer that he has come long before his scarred body breaks through the thickness. ”It’s widely known Offspring doesn’t tolerate foreigners disrespecting his borders. You’ll find I’m much the same way.” He growls softly but does nothing more. It’s a warning, let this stranger spread the word. The next time it happened, there would be no excuses.

Tephra residents seem to carry the lingering stinging odor of smoke, tell tale signs of smudged soot on their backs or ash trapped in tangled manes. His hooves barely crunch against the fallen pine needles beneath him as he halts before the male. While serving underneath old rulers, he had never felt the need to watch his tongue, that’s what they were for after all. Yet now he held the reins, things are different. How many days had passed with him simply observing them, the way they ruled. Straia's passive calculations. Kennedy's over emotional tirades. What gained the most pleasing outcome, what failed. His watching had been for a purpose, one he uses now. ”I’m Gryffen, the new ruler of Taiga. I’m assuming you’re here on business and not pleasure?”

Gryffen
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    Too often, new rulers are overzealous in regards to the way their protect their homes. They do nothing more than patrol the borders of their newfound land, expecting attacks more so than simply guarding from one. The new red-eyed King of Taiga, though, is swift, but not overly so. He seems confident beneath his crown as his crimson optics appear in the fog, followed soon by a cremello frame which serves as a base for a narrow face and a rather perturbed expression. Dahmer watches the stallion with interest, his perpetual grin still at peace upon his maw, as Taiga's King greets him by way of mentioning Offspring.

The cremello stallion's tone doesn't go unnoticed but Dahmer refrains from acknowledging it as he offers a simple nod of his dark head and a cock of his hips, as if to indicate that he is comfortable right where he is. The fog crowds them, the intriguing duo of black and white, their blue and red eyes (respectively) regarding each other. Dahmer ruffles his wings out of habit and lets his ears flutter as the cremello introduces himself.

"Please excuse my intrusion, Gryffen," the black beast of Tephra offers pleasantly, "I am Dahmer. I'm here on behalf of Offspring and Tephra to congratulate you on your newest acquisition,"
    he says matter-of-factly as his muzzle motions to the whole of Taiga and its foreboding topiary.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Gryffen] - pls forgive me Jeje, I lost my train of thought like halfway through this and couldn't find it again.
    Once again things have changed.  She can feel it upon the breeze that crosses the kingdoms.  This change is near as she can see an eerie fog clings tightly to the dark pines of their eastern border.  A line that divided Sylva with a land she has yet to visit.  She has walked the borders many times in her travels to the commonlands.  Or most recently Tephra.  Brow cocks in curiousity as to what has brought this change. And with the ever-present smirk upon her ebony lips she venture forwards...

The sun shimmers upon her golden coat one last time before she slips into the shadows along the borders.  Ebony crown lowers as she investigates the new scents lingering.  Nares flare as she inhales deeply.  Amongst the unknown flavors of many she catches one of identity.  One who has visited her kingdom before.  One she had led from the gathering of diplomatic speak and onto a private tour.  Dahmer...

It becomes obvious to her that a change of leadership must have overcome this land.  Why else would the long time resident of Tephra grace his presence here.  As she advances into the kingdom - following the familiar scent - she soon spots a pair of equines.  One the familiar dark and one quite the opposite.  She halts for only a moments pause to evaluate the gathering then continues on slender ebony legs. 
    Picking her way through the forests trees much the same way she does in Sylva.  Her advancement goes unannounced but she does not hide her coming.  They are as aware of her as she is of them.

Closing the distance quickly and with purpose she catches the tail end of Dahmers statement.  "Yes. Congratulations are in order I guess," her remark drips in sarcasm as she glances to the ghostly stallion then shifts gaze to Dahmer.  The same devilish grin planted upon her lips as she had joined their kingdoms meeting. "Fancy meeting you here, Dahmer," her words seductively surprised.  He has changed but so has she.  Only their scents can unmask their true identities.

She turns her attention to the ivory stallion, "Karaugh of Sylva... I do not believe we have had the pleasure of meeting."  She steps towards the cream stallion.  Dipping her ebony crown as she crosses in front of him.  Close enough that if he should not move she grazes his chest with her golden hide.  His muzzle to glide across her spine.  Slowly exiting the other side, turning with the flick of her ebony tail.  It was that time of year so why not have a little fun with it...  
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    a ghost in the darkness.
    It is not so much protection that makes him so suspicious and easily ruffled by interlopers. The annoyance of removing the last old dregs of a dead kingdom, (sorting through recycle and trash in a way) was like a thorn in his side. They were as stubborn as weeds but he would pluck them out one by one. It was the only way to renew the soil, to begin the rebirth.

Dahmer doesn’t seem to be too thrown off by his warning, instead settling easily before him. It’s too soon to tell if it’s pure defiance or ignorance that makes him do so but the gesture only makes him prickle more. Dark wings spread and ruffle almost tauntingly and his crimson eyes graze against them briefly. Once it would have provoked resentment, having lost his own not long ago. However when he had finally gained access to this kingdom, it seemed to have come with a bonus. No longer was he barren of magic but he kept his little secret to himself... For now.

”So business then.” He responds calmly, his expression like stone although the smoldering coals of his eyes seem almost thoughtful. ”While I appreciate Tephra’s kind regards I was under the impression Offspring would have sent along someone I had asked to see. A gift if you would, something to show goodwill between our kingdoms. But perhaps you can help with that…”

Before he can delve into his meaning, another approaches. His nostrils flare as yet another intruder approaches having easily crossed the borders into the tall dark forests. What kind of place had his predecessor been running? Apparently a free for all if they were so use to coming in and out as they pleased. A mental note is made to deal with this issue as soon as possible.

This one is all sienna and dapples, long ebony locks and sarcasm dripping from velvet lips. While her presence wasn’t entirely wanted, at least she was easy to look at. Her congrats are far from genuine and he merely smiles coolly in her direction as crimson eyes glitter dangerously. Another diplomat, sniffing around to find information. ”I wasn’t expecting such a party, what a treat.” Words laced with snip yet still unwaveringly calm and collected. ”We have not, although it seems you two have.” Withholding his name, unimportant as she crosses across him, grazing against his chest. She was bold. Stupidly bold. A tug at his lips gives away slight amusement but it’s from the sudden thought of Thana coming across this scene. He wonders how she would react, he can never really tell with her.

The scent of the season isn’t lost on him and as his muzzle runs along her spine he allows pale lips to part, his tongue lightly brushing against the silky fur before placing a sharp nip just before she moves out of reach. Cocking his skull to look at her with a raised brow. ”Is this how you greet all new rulers? Diplomacy suits you.”

Gryffen
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    It's difficult not to notice the change in Taiga's atmosphere compared to the last time he'd stop by for a visit. Though the territory looks the same with its low-lying fog and the unbelievably large redwoods, he can since that the overall demeanor has changed. It keeps his dark coat standing on end, despite the relaxed facade he's so used to portraying. Gryffen's red eyes are, perhaps, the most unsettling part about the new Taiga and Dahmer silently wonders if they glow in the dead of night.

"And who is it you had asked to see?" He cocks his head to the side, forelock falling gently over his blue eyes as he regards the Taigan King, but it seems that his inquiry will need to wait for a moment, as their conversation is interrupted by the rhythmic thudding of approaching hooves. Dahmer turns his dark head to investigate in hopes that he will get a chance to see who else calls Taiga home, but instead he is pleasantly surprised to see Karaugh revealing her sooty frame from the fog. "Karaugh," he greets her with a sly grin and a knowing chuckle as she crosses in front of the wraith-like Gryffen. He watches her closely, not entirely trusting of the mare from Sylva, but he remains friendly towards her, nonetheless. Besides, he might need another of her private tours in the future.

"Should we be expecting anyone else?" he wonders as he turns back to Gryffen, who had made it obvious that Taiga was not to be a meeting ground or a place to meander into all willy-nilly.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Gryffen] @[Karaugh]
    The gold of her sooted coat was smooth even as winter was creeping nearer.  Sylva's unusual weather kept the frosty nip from taking hold.  A dampness here clung heavily to these forests, wetting her coat.  It does not prevent her though from feeling lips dragging down her spine.  A slight press of tongue tasting her.  It makes her grin in satisfaction.  Her eyes locked into the icey blue of Dahmers as she crossed. Studying his features along with hearing his recognition.  

As she turned and felt the nip upon her rump her tail flicked instinctively.  Casting her perfume into the air to linger.  Is this how you greet all new rulers? The ghost stallion questions as she turns to face them again.  She chuckles softly before switching her gaze to the unnamed ruler, "Of course not.  I reserve special treatment for a select few." Her auburn eyes look to the pale stallion in wonder, "Who should I be giving my congratulations to?" Pausing a moment for a name.  

Should we be expecting anyone else? The dark stallion interjected a question of his own while turning his attention to the kingdoms ruler.  Wicked lips pull back to expose slightly a set of fangs before cocking her head slightly in Dahmers direction.  "I am here so who else do we need," her question sarcastic.  She eyes him curiously, taking note of his new assets.  The dark preened feathers ruffle and she is curious now to see want is fast, feather or skin.  Another time maybe.  She does not sport her own appendages today.  

Reddened eyes entice her to look back at the others face.  They were fascinating and she found herself becoming lost in them for a short time...
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call

@[Gryffen] @[Dahmer]
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    a ghost in the darkness.
    There is an electricity that seems to spark the air, heated by the tension he has created. Not everyone was thrilled with his takeover of the redwoods and he would deal with them accordingly. For now he focuses his attention on the two diplomats before him. The mare is quite distracting but he forces himself to ignore her momentarily, to finish business with Dahmer. Tephra was one of the most active kingdoms and he was no fool. It would be best to keep them as close as possible in the scheme of things. For now.

”My daughter, Amorette. She was stolen from my home long ago and taken to Tephra after the Reckoning. I wished to see her again, see if we could make up for lost time.” Red eyes flash at these last words, making it purposely unclear what exactly that could mean. ”I’ll admit, Offspring intrigues me enough that I would prefer to remain….. Neutral if not friendly.” A pause as his wandering eyes go back to the mare flicking her tail invitingly at him. ”Let him know what I said and that Gryffen would like to meet more formally in the near future. Perhaps he will remember then.” Throwing out his name casually as a response for the mare who he now turns his full attention on.

Once that was neatly addressed, he edges closer towards Karaugh, a ghostly smile dancing across his lips but containing little warmth. Dahmer asks if anyone else would be coming and she teasingly replies, all flirtation and desire. ”Who else indeed…” He murmurs as his stained blunt teeth find her mane and roughly pulls at it. A last glance at Dahmer, a brow raised. ”You’re welcome to stay if you like… or jump in.” A delicious hunger in his glowing red eyes as his lips trail the length of her neck, tongue tasting the salt of her skin. ”I’m always kind to my guests.”

Gryffen

I figured Kasanova baby making happened so it could be super awk for Dahmer hahaha