• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Winds of Change [Any, Heda]

.Terran.

The journey had been wonderful. Every lazy flap of my wings had felt as if I was shedding a weight I didn’t even know I was carrying. Taiga, for all of its beauty and tranquil peace, had not been a place of deep intrigue and longing for me. The restriction of the canopy overhead had felt like a green cage, while Heda’s offer to entertain Loess as a home kingdom seemed like the key to momentary freedom. It felt natural to be airborne again; I enjoyed the rolling tempo of a canter where only clouds served as a roadway and the fingers of an early spring zephyr plaited my mane and tail.

My only regret, as I banked westward and circled tightly above the sloping hills, was that the journey hadn’t been longer. It felt too soon when my gilded hooves cut smooth crescents into the fertile soil for a landing. 

I’d stopped on the crown of a rather prominent knoll, somewhere just inside the borders but not too far ingressed that I would seem eager. From my perch it was easy to see the appeal. Vegetation was neither sparse nor limited in variety here, the outcroppings of jagged, rusty sediment thrust into the sky like red teeth gave it character, and the wind screamed through the tunnels of shallow valleys and grassy embankments. It was as if the sea had been frozen and turned to earth. 

I liked it.

With my ivory lips twisted into the semblance of a smile I called for her, Heda. I wouldn’t be disappointed to find another answering in her place (a queen is never bored) but there is the passing hope inside of me that she’ll be here. Something about the navy-and-gold mare had stuck with me since her visit on Ander’s birthday, something that I couldn’t exactly place a finger on, and it seemed to transform into excitement as I waited patiently for a reply.

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

Heda
    She had been expecting him, ever since her nephew had came into this world, she knew that Jinju couldn't keep the ebony stag grounded for long. Therefore when his emotions, and presence began to linger within the air, she didn't take any haste, and with a quick flap of her golden wings, she was off.

Her hazel gems scanning the horizon for the golden hooves fellow, and right and clear sight there he was, standing atop a large hill, flecked with numerous desert like vegetation. 

A smile finds it's way to her velvet lips, as she extends her head emitting a rather loud whinney, "Terran!" She nears closer to him, both curious and excited at the same time. "You kept your promise." She grins, she was glad to have a family member now by her side, and especially an honest and loyal one at that. 

"How are you? How is Jinju and Ander?" She asks quickly, for it had been quite a while since she'd seen her sister or her nephew lately. If anything she had been quite out of their lives, and she regretted it. She should of been there, to be a proper aunt.... But it seems she herself had lost track of time. And with all of this political duties now being thrown at her, alliances, and diplomats, and recruitment. She hardly had any time anymore for anyone... except for Ivar. But that was completely different.

She should of taken the commitment to visit her sister and her nephew but it seems her hopes of being the fun aunt had washed away, and now all she had left was this promise that was kept by the father of her own nephew.
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl that loved to easily
    html by call

@[Terran]
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・