• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Trait Petition]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

He’s finally made it to the Mountain. How bad does he want this, honestly? He doesn’t know, has no idea why he’s really here.  Does he really want his power back? It had been a curse after all, a cruel reminder of what had been done to him. What he had become. He’s already here, might as well finish the trip. He reluctantly begins to follow the track up the rocky landscape. It’s tedious and slow going, his body already a wrecked and ravaged shell. However the bear stirs in his belly, the first time he has truly felt it’s presence since he had gotten back. It didn’t feel so far away or ghostly. So he continues and forces his way up, ears flat against his skull and hidden under tangled flaxen locks. Nostrils flare as he continues to stop and catch his breath before forcing himself on again.

How long does it take? Time escapes him, it doesn’t matter. Nobody cares who he is or where he is now. It could be hours, days, weeks. He continues, he doesn’t care. His destination doesn’t even encourage his steps, they just become monotonous. Motions he makes to continue the climb. As the air thins and the air becomes colder, his wispy coat shivers and shudders. He was not made for this despite the trial of ice and the coldness inside his chest. He might die, it’s a faint thought in the back of his mind. Still he plods on.

Hooves shuffle to a stop and the blank expression on his face begins to lift, his good eye blearily looking around him. Somehow, by some grace of god, he’s reached the vantage point. The view is spectacular and now he can truly see and understand how much his home has changed. It makes his stomach cringe with anxiety, this unknown land. He doesn’t linger on the landscape for long, turning his attention towards the mountain itself.

They are here, they are always here. He’s quiet, his barrel heaving after the strain of the climb. Foam on his pale lips as he addresses the rocks and stones and what he knows is listening among them. ”I don’t know why I’m here.” He mutters. The bear has been silent for too long, it wants to stretch and move. His frustration is mounting and with a soft moan, Ledger gives in. Bones pop and skin breaks and he screams with agony, for he has never truly embraced the shift. The scream ends in a roar as the polar bear is revealed. It’s clawed paws raking at the rocks, one eye still gold flecked beneath the dirtied fur of his brow. ”Tell me what to do!” The words spat from it’s strong jaws,tongue running over unfamiliar sharp teeth. It had been too long. ”What am I? Who am I?” The bear roars again, claws leaving soft marks in the dirt beneath him as he moves forward. ”I only want what I deserve.” The bear mumbles miserably and then the bear has vanished leaving the tattered broken stallion stands before them once more. Head held low, defeated.

Ledger

Ledger is petitioning for Polar Bear Shifting back regardless if he likes it or not lol
    10 pts from My Tracker
    Spink is giving me 10pts from Deimos Tracker

Total 20pts
    granted.