• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Rose in the Rain [diplomats]

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

Nymphetamine had met with Offspring and they had determined their starting steps for Tephra’s needs. Tephra would change, as any new leader changed the land, and it was his job to see that their allies were strong and capable. Both Offspring and Nymphetamine knew the value of strong allies, as they witnessed many great feats under their old alliance. It was that same alliance that led to the creation of Tephra. Diplomacy would be paramount in their steps forward, and the blood bay was determined to see it successful. He would teach those who needed it and expect the best from those who had the skills. Offspring would want no less.

Autumn was upon them and Tephra was starting to cool, ever so slightly, the humidity was leaving the air, and for that he was grateful. His tall lean body moved effortlessly through the warm volcanic lands, as he sought out the appropriate location to call them to. He needed some seclusion, as he didn’t want interruptions and eavesdroppers, but he also didn’t want them not to hear him. Eventually, he found a clearing among the tropical vegetation that was appropriate for his needs.  So there he called to them those he had names for he spoke out their names. Jord, Thanata, and Fox the individuals that Offspring had named at the meeting he called to them. He also called to Warrick and Spear and Spark other that Offspring had mentioned to him in private as he would need them as well. His hope that they could be leaders among the newer member, but he would have to meet them all and hear their experience first before deciding what would happen. Next, he called to all that would be diplomats given the chance. His voice rang loud and clear through the sulfuric air, and when it dissipated the space felt a little more empty. The diplomat waited, sure that those he summoned would come.

-----

His wait paid off as slowly they assembled, to each one he nodded a welcome, and once it seemed that those who were going to gather had arrived he spoke, his voice calm and welcoming. A steady firm presence to show them the way they would move forward. He believed in leading by example, and he hoped they would see there wasn’t anything he would ask them to do that he would do himself. ”Thank you for coming so quickly. For those who don’t know me, I am Nymphetamine. I was the governor, or head diplomat, in Chamber before the Reckoning, and I assisted Offspring, Magnus, and the other founders in starting Tephra. Offspring has asked me to take the lead on Tephra’s diplomacy, and we have some work to do.” Nymph looked around those gathered gauging their reactions, determining how he would move forward. ”Offspring has asked us to visit the other lands, and make contact. See where their alliances stand, and if they would be open to diplomatic talks with Tephra. No treaties should be made until further notice. He looked each one in the eyes as this point was paramount, as for diplomats didn’t make the decisions on who to align with, they fostered the connections and gave counsel to Offspring about their thoughts on other rulers and lands. ”I would like to send you out in pairs, but before I decide who to send where and with whom, I need to know more about you and your experience. So friends, tell me your experience, and what you think your strengths are.”

He waited then and gave each one his attention, his mind placing evident strengths together with those who might need guidance in those areas, personality types and how they may fit with what he knew of rulers. Eventually he hoped to give them more structure, but for now, he would have to trust his gut, and when they all had said their piece he would give them their assignments.

NYMPHETAMINE

I faced when you left me, A rose in the rain

@[Fox]
    @[Thanata]
    @[Jord]
    @[Warrick]
    @[Spear + Spark]
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    You suck my face : You lay me down : Under your skin : I'm so divine
    Jord was walking peacefully thru the tera, her auds pricked suddently hearing her name. She followed the sound of the voice.. it wasn't super familiar. But she had seen the mans face before. She walked up to him with a smile .. Her hazel orbs watched as the rather handsome man before her, Nymphetamine, spoke. She waited till he was done speaking "Nymphetamine, it is a pleasure to meet you and be working beneath your guidance. My name is Jord." She spoke kindly, her vocals were warm. She bowed her head to the gentleman softly. "As for my experience, I do not have a ton, but I have been loyal to Offspring since we met before the Reckoning. I was once a diplomat in the Tundra, but I didn't get to go on any visits before the reckoning unfortunately. I feel my strengths are I'm very good at keeping a cool, calm head. Yet when needed I can be quite stern. I don't know much of political systems and the things that go along with it, but i'm more than willing to learn." Jord spoke with a smile..
    JORD
    HTML by Call

ooc: oh god, so sorry that was so short.. having a hard time finding my Jord muse. I'm sure the more i post the better my muse!

The change in seasons were hardly noticeable in Tephra, save for the tiny change in temperature of the sea breeze. Still warm and fervid, a change so slight that any newcomer would not notice, but is now slightly less intense and less heavy. It stirs the bay stallion, sending the inky and thick tendrils of his mane and forelock across his face, crisp with dried salt, brushing gently against the slope of his muscular neck. His auburn skin shines radiantly in the sun on the eastern shoreline, remaining smooth and short despite the change in seasons in Beqanna, becoming nearly red in the intense light.

Despite appearing thoughtless as he steps through various tide pools, Warrick is all but absent-minded. His great cerulean eyes stare into the sparkling shallows beneath his hooves, the tiny slivers of fish trapped in the pool now picking and nibbling at the indigo hair on his fetlocks curiously. Tiny hermit crabs scuttle purposely through the warm water, picking up broken pieces of shells and other shiny objects. Warrick’s head hangs low, cobalt nostrils causing soft ripples against the still water as he exhales.

The bay stallion, painted with points the color of the night sky, lifts his head immediately as a call rings out. Ears prick forward curiously, a sharp snort leaving him as he stirs from his tide pool, his limber legs causing the fish to scatter as he moves from the small habitat beneath him. He goes into the jungle-type forest obediently, the moisture and humidity significantly heavier the moment he begins to move amongst the tropical foliage. Leaves brush against him, staining his shoulders and stomach with their wetness.

It does not take him long to find them, centering themselves around the blood bay that Warrick had already come to know as Nymphetamine. He did not know him well, but his intuition had told him that this was who had called him, and he cannot help but smile softly as he realizes he is correct. He positions himself before Nymphetamine, and next to a kind-eyed mare with a coat of onyx, a small dip of his head pointed to the stallion in recognition and respect.

There is something about the blood bay that Warrick decides he likes, though he does not know him well enough to know exactly what that is. Perhaps it was just nice to see Tephra finally shifting and changing for the better. There is peace between all of the current lands of Beqanna at the moment, with Pangea falling into the sea. That peace might not last as long as Warrick hopes, knowing that a twist in fate might cause war at any moment.

“My name is Warrick,” he begins, so that the black mare named Jord would have a name to put with his face, his voice deep and rumbling on the stagnant air of the thick forest. He hesitates for a moment, not sure if he is to proceed, but the blood bay had asked for his experience and knowledge, so he inhales to continue. “I have traveled to a few neighboring lands – not on business, merely curiosity – but those that I came across were welcoming of my presence. Taiga could possibly a wanted ally if we were to visit with diplomatic intent. Hyaline is small and young, a promising kingdom if allowed to grow. Their alliance could be beneficial as well.” He finishes with a twitch of his blue-tipped ears, wondering if perhaps his statements and suggestions were too bold for a first time diplomat. He takes a breath, an easy smile finding the blue of his lips.

“I rather enjoy recruiting; meeting and learning about others is beneficial, even if they decide not to join us. Information is vital.” he says, his thoughts flashing to both Tang and Sirana that both had traveled with him from the field. Warrick’s personality is charming and welcoming, something that drew in possible new residents, as well as creating relationships with those across other lands. He thinks of the young colt Ivar, and wonders too if Sylva would be accepting of Tephra as well.

“I will go wherever you need me, Nymphetamine.”
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

He is so nervous about making a good first impression :3
    Neither of them have ever done much besides grow up. Sure, they’ve gone on lengthy explorations that have taken them far beyond the borders of this world and brought them back again, but they’ve never been more than residents of any particular place. Somehow, that all changed as Spark gained her fire mimicry. It made her bolder, and made them realize that here wasn’t so bad after all. She’d already tried by bringing the big chocolate bay stallion back with her, though he’s yet to decide to stay or go but she counted it as a start, a beginning of sorts for them.

The air seems less humid as they stand close together, their heads near enough that sometimes, just sometimes, their noses touch. How long has it been since they’ve stood like this? Neither of them can remember, or cares to. Maybe, neither of them wants to admit that despite all the bickering that siblings do and the newfound power that flows hot and fast through Spark’s blood, that despite it all - heartbreaks and joys, they still love one another endlessly, always, and forever. That despite all the differences, they are inescapably bound to one another until they take their last breaths. One of them sighs; it doesn’t matter who, the other breathes it in and files it away deep in their lungs.

Breath of my breath.
    Blood of my blood.
    For them, these things have never been truer. Much like their unquestionable allegiance to their father, who happens to be the king (again). Few would know it, though some could guess that at least Spear might be his, for he possesses the same large and muscular build as Offspring. Both of them have his feathered feet, and Spark now shares some innate sense and manipulation of fire like Offspring does. But there, the ties to him end and they are Scalped’s children, from their painted skins to their wild, wild ways.

Quiet, so quiet; heads together, both but their ears come up from their lazy relaxed positions when the summons came. Neither of them recognized the stallion that called them, asked them to leave their hibiscus bed and join him in seclusion for whatever reason escaped them. Each of them presumed it must have something to do with their return to the kingdom, and that somehow, it means they are more permanent and thus, expected to assist. He looks at her, she shrugs, and in tandem, they search out the source of the summons and discover a blood bay stallion and others that begin to gather around him.

Each of them discerns that he is someone of importance to their father, meaning he is the head of something or some other so they settle in and listen. He introduces himself and includes a spiel of positions that might be of historical importance to someone but means nothing to them. All they can remember in the time before the Reckoning is the meadow and the now extinct tundra. Rank and title is of little consequence aside from the fact that he has been asked to head up the diplomatic side of things for their father. Two sets of mismatched (red and black) eyes never leave his face as he speaks, their ears intent upon his eloquence.

Spear and Spark are for once, actually interested in being part of the delegations that will go forth to visit other kingdoms. In fact, Spear has already been to the hills and almost stayed there but for reasons of his own choosing, he did not. Spark though, thinks it sounds a little like spying goodnaturedly without getting caught and she doesn’t agree with it, but understands the necessity of venturing about as curious friends who want to know more about their neighbors. Briefly, they look at one another - he wants to know about them, but there’s not much to know.

“Spear,” the bay overo stallion says.
    “Spark,” the black medicine hat tovero mare says, she is the smaller and more slender of the two. Nor does she look as shabby as her brother does, on account of how the fire in her cleanses her whenever she assumes it’s form - everything just burns up, dirt and hair and skin, burnt away, like ash and memories tangled together. She is a little more diplomatic than her brother is; “No experience, we’ve always been too young or just residents. No real strengths other than each other.” She offers a wry smile at Nymphetamine; Spark could burn real hot physically but she was the calmer of the two by far, most of the time. Spear could be more brash, more hot-headed but keen and he’d been to Loess before it was known as that.

The black mare is not familiar to them, for all that she says she knows Offspring from before. Then again, they did not know everyone who inhabited the tundra back then as they had been too busy chasing great gusts of snow blown up by the wind and vanquishing snowdrifts with the brute force of their bodies (which meant Spark getting stuck because she was small and Spear laughing his head off until he was out of breath and could manage to push her out). Warrick though, is a bit familiar and Spark offers him a shyer smile - he’d seen her just after the change in her, made it seem okay that she couldn’t always control it and in time, she would.

But Spear speaks up, “I’ve been to the hills but they’ve a new name now and someone else has taken over since I was last there. Wouldn’t mind visiting there again, never got to show my sister around to be honest.” He fixes Spark with a pointed sidelong stare that she ducks her head beneath, smiling in a bit of embarrassment.

Spear & Spark
    Ever since Offspring had announced the placings of some kingdom members at the last gathering, Thanata had been wondering when Nymphetamine would announce a meeting for the selected diplomats. Apparently, that day was today. Thanata had been grazing peacefully not incredibly far from the base of the volcano. While the air in Tephra was rather humid due to the steam billowing from the peak, Thanata had grown accustomed to it over the seasons she'd spent here. Despite a long mane that kept her neck sweaty the closer she was to the volcano, the mare would just wash herself down with water from one of the nearby rivers.

One that had water in it, at least, considering a few other select ones were filled to the brim with boiling hot lava. Most horses would fear such a dangerous force of mother nature. Thanata did fear it, but not out of the fact that it would take her life. She feared it out of respect, because it could take her life should the opportunity to do so arise.

She had a healthy respect for such a powerhouse, and made sure to keep well away from the lava rivers at all times. Just to expose herself though, to test it out and overcome her fears, she found a small one that could easily be jumped over by a horse of her stature. She'd done so a few times before promising that she'd never do it again unless it was an absolute emergency.

When the black mare heard Nymphetamine's call, knowing it was something important, she immediately stopped her snack break and headed in the direction it came from. Thanata made her way through the dense vegetation that made up a large portion of Tephra's territory before she caught several scents on the air. She changed direction and headed right for them, her eyes taking in those that had already arrived.

Jord, a dark-colored mare like Thanata herself, appearing similar in looks and height though Thanata was just above her. Warrick, a bay stallion that had, according to what she'd heard, recruited a golden mare to Tephra's ranks. Spear and Spark, the twin paints, and finally, Nymphetamine himself. After the majority of them arrived, Thanata remained quiet, allowing the others to have a speaking turn first in response to Nymphetamine's inquiry.

When everyone had said their piece, Thanata finally spoke up, "Before the Reckoning, I was a diplomat for the Tundra. I did not go on as many excursions as I would have liked, but I did journey on a few. I would be comfortable with journeying to whatever kingdom I am assigned to. If there any specifics of what we can offer against what you and Offspring do not wish for me to say, inform me and I will keep it to myself until an alliance has been made."
    Sorry for delay and with plots on site advancing, I'm just doing his ooc.
    You all can go forward knowing nymph has told you all to touch base with territory listed below. Inquire about interest in political talks/alignment. My agreements should be made. Also look for info about who is a part of the empire being made. ( remember we have to have characters learn thins IC so even though we know this our haracters have to learn it)

Taiga- fox
    Ischia- Jord
    Sylva- nymph
    Nerine- spear/spark
    Lords-thanata
    Hayline- warrick ( to fit in with your info)

Visit then bring back info to nymph I'll start a new thread for sharing soon.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Please pretend Insane is not a total failure and Fox was present and funny as hell :|

Also he says woohoo! Taiga, let's do dis :| :|