• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blue on black, tears on a river [any/nymph]
    let me tell you something baby,
    you love me for everything you hate me for
    She traveled through the night from the beach to this new land. She had faintly remembered that once she saw Nymph in the field and unbeknownst to him followed him here but never carried through. The dip-dye mare had a hard time committing, perhaps because she even thought about loving someone. She had love for the blood bay, despite her wishing she didn't and so in Killdare's passing she has decided to check on him (and eventually the others). The land is humid, the fog is thick during the night though ember's rise from the volcano nearby. It's muggy, she hates it already but she's sure not to stay long - she never does. She slinks throughout the sides of Tephra, surely to be greeted once the sun began to backlight the earth and trees. She has been missing for some time so the likability of being remembered is moot.

You have to be someone before you're worth remembering anyway.

Although being a general nuisance she decided that she would keep quiet until spoken to or seen - her bones remember the last battle she had and that was with conditioning; she wouldn't dare challenge anyone right now. She posed no real threat, a little ole black-blue ombre mare with the intention of visiting an old friend. Having grown so accustomed to being alone it almost felt awkward to be waiting and wanting people around. Her skin felt tight and trembled some with the thought of having to speak, a certain level of anxiety had crept into her like she'd not known before. Even still, she waits for dawn to come and hopes eventually, Nymphetamine too.
    Summer is beginning to make its way through Tephra – it always feels like it shows up earlier than the rest of Beqanna. The hot and humid air sticks mercilessly against the auburn of his skin, even at early daybreak, his body sweating profusely in attempts to cool him. There were a few days where Warrick would feel the cool and light breezes of spring on the wind, but today was damp and thick as the sun came above the horizon, waves of heat flickering in the distant shoreline. He has become accustomed to such year-round temperatures, and he wonders what would happen if he ventured out of Tephra during the winter (or even the autumn) months – his coat would be sleek and shining, not at all grown out in preparations for cooler weather. Maybe during the summer, where Tephra was at its hottest, he would go explore other lands and relieve himself from the stickiness of summer heat.

He wonders if he even should think about leaving, even if it’s temporary. Besides some random visitors from Sylva, Warrick was beginning to feel like he was the only one in Tephra. He doesn’t believe for a second that Lucrezia isn’t actually here – but his cerulean eyes continue to scan the horizon for his winged leader in hopes that he would be reassured he was not alone. His large, somber eyes also hope to find a glimmer of pale gold, and stark white feathers, but Ellyse’s scent is no where to be found on the wind. It saddens him, to think she is somewhere on her own and without any clue to if she would return home. He always hates uncertainty. Maybe Magnus would be with her; then maybe he would see the light in her eyes again, and that would all be worth her absence. He does not want it to, but his mind cannot help but wander to Tang. He stares up at the blazing sun as it rises, eyes closing as its rays hit his skin, burning fiercely. It’s golden light spreads oranges and pinks across a dark blue sky, the stars fading as dawn set in. She is the sun, and he is the moon. And just like the sun returns to the sky every day, he had to believe that she would return to him in the colder months like she promised.

Oh, but sincerity and intention can only go so far. Warrick is a mess, wrought with a shadow that he cannot shake – not yet, anyways. Her words were true and she believed them wholeheartedly, and Warrick would have nothing if he did not believe her. But there is a prick of uncertainty that quakes at the hollow of his being, reminding him that abandonment and loneliness is all he knows and deserves.

Warrick snorts softly as the wind begins to pick up, the sultry air bringing some relief to his already sweating body. The air also brings something new, something unfamiliar to him. His blue-tipped ears prick curiously forward as he begins to walk, cobalt legs moving quietly through the tropical foliage. Broad, fat leaves heavy with moisture part as he pushes through, their dampness soaking his chest and shoulders as they brush against him. It does not take him long to find her (he was particularly good at patrolling the borders of Tephra). The indigo of her coat and the patterned wings at her side are brilliant against the dark green of the flora around them. He snorts, making his presence known to her although he did not make it a secret that he had been approaching her. Even within the denseness of the jungle, the heat from the sun was already making its way harshly onto their skin, playing golden patterns on their coats. “Good morning,” he says to the stranger with a slight dip of his head, causing his tangled black forelock to fall into the brightness of his blue eyes. “My name is Warrick.” He pauses as the sounds of birds and other animals filling the thick air as the jungle comes to life. “What brings you to Tephra?”
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick
    Kimber
    love bites, but so do I
    At first glance she thought that it was the necromancer slinking through the thick jungle but once the sun had broken on the surface and the light illuminated the man; she realized it was not him. A sigh escapes in disappointment but she quickly disregards it since clearly she's been found - a new face must take precedence. She normally would have some quirky retort to his question but since the reckoning she has simply found her spark to have been extinguished most days. The dip-dye mare was either a roaring white-hot fire or smoke rising from a once-been fire - there was no continuous burn. She offers a forced smile, the one that your lips feel dry and your jaw hurts but at least she cared enough to try. "I'll be honest, Warrick, I thought you were whom I came to Tephra for but light was shed," literally, she thinks, "I'm Kimber, I was the General for the Chamber under Killdare's rule. When the reckoning happened, I got misplaced from those I was fighting with and my family. I hoped to find part of those people here, have you heard of a man named Nymphetamine?" She wasn't usually a huge talker but she felt like she shouldn't just come barreling in and asking to speak to certain people.

Perhaps time had taught her to bite her tongue.

She thinks briefly about her children, their children, Nymph, Warship, Killdare, Malis - the lot of them, all prevalent and for what? Nothing. Somedays, despite her immortality she can still feel the lightning the stallion she battled surged through her veins. She felt like a storm most days, turmoiled and spinning into orbit but she had no one to witness such things. A troubled youth turns into a troubled adult they say, so here we are. "I'm also homeless, so I suppose if you could use another has-been, I could push some dirt around," she had never been an egotistical woman, she was more into putting your money where your mouth is. The mismatched eyed woman had never backed down from a fight and likely never would; even to magicians. She needed to be reignited but that was no business or burden of this fella and so she feels guilty for a moment. "Care to show me around, if you have the time anyway?" she doesn't force a smile this time, it's a gentle wave that crosses her face and like the sun had illuminated them; a small glint of who she has been shows.

Strong spirits never truly diminish.

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

Nymph was always lurking, always aware just not present. As Tephra grew quiet, he knew he was equally at fault as any other who hadn’t recruited hadn’t followed through with their roles and tasks. The blood bay knew that as the land settled into that twilight-like slumber that other lands would encroach on their sleepy little volcano. So the stallion patrolled, silently, and alone. A vigil of one, or at least that was how it felt. The moon had gone across the sky countless times, seasons had come and gone, leaves turned from bud to green, to brown, grass had turned to snow time and time again but he just couldn’t fully get behind his new life.

Ever since Tephra was formed he just hadn’t felt right, he was there after the Reckoning and he had helped build the little group into the start of Tephra. He had looked for Killdare and Kimber, the two he cared for most in Chamber, and only the shell of Killdare ever was found. Killdare didn’t remember anyone, save Malis. And Kimber… she was nowhere to be found. It was as if his anchor to care had been yanked out from beneath him. The blue mare had vanished. She had been vital to his life, even if he was not so to her. Without a job to throw himself into, and without his heart’s anchor (begrudgingly so, how he wished he could have moved on from the mare who refused to admit they worked) he was left to fade away without protest. The darkness of the shadows had been his comfort, he could just slumber, and so he had. Years passed and he barely emerged other than the occasional foray to check the status quo of Tephra and the other lands. Kimber had a appeared years later for a brief moment in the meadow, but that was some time ago and it was only a moment before they were separated. He had been so furious with her and relieved that he didn’t even know how to respond to seeing her. So he simply didn’t. He regretted that now, for he was alone, and she was gone...again.

That night as no different, the summer air was cool and there was the slightest scent of rain on the wind. The bay’s eyes lifted to the sky but saw no cloud cover, not was there any other sign of rain. His body was finally filled out from his patrols, where his muscles were once sunken from years of slumber. He looked young, ten max though he hadn’t aged a day beyond his 7th year. (He had lost track of his age but he had to be getting closer to 20 now.) It wasn’t long before Nymph heard voices in the distance, and turned to see who stirred out of their slumber. His hooves fell confidently on their path through the shadowed ground beneath him. His ear swiveled as he caught an occasional word, and the tones grew slowly more clear. He rounded a bend that took him around a thorn bush and the voices finally became clear. Kimber. The damn mare had turned up in Tephra out of nowhere. Of course, it was in her nature to just appear after long absences. He stood hidden and watch her talk to a bay stallion. The blood bay recognized him but didn’t know him outside of knowing he was a resident of Tephra. He listened to the end of their conversation… Was Kimber looking for him? Curious. He might as well find out.

He pushed forward and moved out of the depths, closing the distance between the pair and himself with slow ease. He wasn’t rushed though his heart would tell you differently if it could. He was anxious to see her, make sure she was well. Nymphetamine emerged next to the two as the blue mare asked the third to show her around. Without interrupting, but not waiting for someone else to be able to speak he said well… the first thing that came to mind. There was not forethought and as he spoke the words he was just glad they weren’t the string of angry words that stemmed from his concern for Kimber. ”I told you all you ever had to do was call and I would be there.” No sooner had the words left his mouth, however, he was wishing he hadn’t lead with the corniest thing after a solid 3 years apart. His steel eyes looked over her, checking for signs of despair but found none. Sure she had old signs of battles fought, but nothing that was fresh or obviously causing her pain. His eyes ended their survey on her face, and he could have fired a million questions at her. But instead, he simply nodded, a small smile reached the corners of his lips.

He then turned to the bay, and he nodded a greeting to the stallion, Sorry to interrupt I’m Nymphetamine, I have seen you around here from time to time, but feel we haven’t been properly introduced... His hoarse voice trailed off so that the bay could introduce himself. Nymph couldn’t really help but keep part of his attention on the mare, he almost didn’t believe she was actually there, and if the sentinel bay weren’t there nymph would have run him muzzle over her to be sure. However, years of diplomatic training had taught him to hold his whims and keep mostly appropriate social structure around others who you were not familiar. For now, he would wait and allow this conversation to pass naturally and wait for his emotions to settle as well.

NYMPHETAMINE

I faced when you left me, A rose in the rain

sooooo rusty.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    A gentle frown finds the curve of his lips as she admits her disappointment that Warrick is not who she was hoping he would be. He listens intently, however (as he always does), as she explains her reason for entering the tropical and sweltering landscape. The names that left her lips where familiar but unimportant to him, though he enjoys the fact that she tells him a brief history. Just from a single glance, Warrick could tell she was someone of importance, as if he should have known her already. When she mentions the Reckoning, his blue eyes soften – not with sympathy (for he could tell that this woman did not need anyone’s pity) but with compassion as he remembers the displacement caused by that fateful day, not by just himself but the entire world of Beqanna. The blue-tipped woman, Kimber, closes her statement shortly once she mentions Nymphetamine, and Warrick flicks his ears back passively.

“I have only seen him once and that was very long ago.” He answers her almost hesitantly, wishing he had better information to give her, that he was of more help. The last time he had seen the brilliant bay stallion had been the last time that Warrick also saw Magnus, when the crown passed to Lucrezia.

His indigo-tipped ears flick forward curiously, as she tosses around the word has-been as if she had used it appropriately. He cannot help but snort softly when it left her lips and a single brow pricks in amusement. “I’m sorry,” he says to her with a light chuckle, “But you are not a very convincing ‘has been’.” She asks him to show her around, which was actually one of his favorite things to do for newcomers, though she did not seem very new. In fact, he felt like he was more new than she was. He smiles lightly, though it falters a moment as he hears someone approaching.

Silent and gliding, Warrick’s gaze watches as the blood bay seemingly emerges from the shadows. The smile he wore only moments ago now returns, almost satisfactorily as it finds its way to his lips. He is almost embarrassed at the fact that he is now probably ruining what could have been an emotional reunion, but the contentment of the two finding each other overwhelms that for a moment. “Warrick,” he says with a pleased grin, giving Nymphetamine a nod in his introduction. His blue eyes shift to Kimber with a smile and a gentle laugh, “Now I’ve seen him twice.”

Warrick takes a few steps forward to continue on his way, not particularly wanting to stay and linger while the two caught up with each other. “I’m sure he’s more than capable of giving you the tour,” he says with a nod towards the other stallion, and then back towards the blue-dipped mare. “It was wonderful meeting you, Kimber. I can’t wait to see you push some dirt around here.” Another smile and a deep chuckle, before he begins to move off into the morning sun as he makes his way to the shoreline of Tephra.

like the sun,
    warrick

OMG he’s such a sucker for happy endings :’) makes his heart happy! Lol. If you want him to stay just say so, or start going with him to the beach, but I’m totally fine with him leaving Big Grin
    Kimber
    love bites, but so do I
    She is quick on the draw, per usual, "As if you really expected me to call for you, for anyone - you know I'd rather die a thousand deaths," she laughs heartily, she doesn't say before I'd admit I need you or anyone else. It's almost as if Warrick fell away for a few short moments as she, too, looked over the blood bay and a wave of calm washed over her. The dip dyed mare was so troubled that any peace was a great feat, her overthinking would tell her soon to stop being so at peace. She wasn't sure what exactly had drawn her to Tephra, she'd heard briefly of Offspring living there and although he was not a close friend; in these days even a familiar name was reassuring. She finds herself staring at Warrick, wanting to allow him to take his exit plan but also wanting him to stay. Kimber almost felt better having him there for the time being, not because the necromancer would ever intentional hurt her...but healing wounds are so fragile. Having another person present helps you to keep your diplomacy, that is if the blue mare had any.

She finds herself wanting to be near him but in true Kimber fashion, she holds herself back.

"I'm sure Nymph's tour would be suitable but I believe you've been here a tad longer, I'm quite the shadow-mover so I want a thorough tour," she smiles gently towards Warrick, moving towards his shoulder and brushing against it as she looks back and Nymph a gentle, "Let's follow." It wouldn't hurt for either of them to get to know Warrick better and maybe through the process, become acclimated to one another so a conversation could happen. The dip-dyed mare had never been much for small talk, for caring about others in her previous years but she's tried to overcome that and make changes...albeit small. "So, Warrick - where is your favorite place in Tephra?" she says with a 'show me' tone and a swish of her black tail. She slows her gait to Nymph's gently leaning her neck against his for a few moments, the best she can muster for now. I'm sorry I was gone so long, she thinks but doesn't dare say. At least not right now.

Old habits die hard.

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

Three years, and nothing had changed, there had been no revelation for the blue mare, no change in her quick draw retorts, and as Nymphetamine may come to find out, no change with them. “As if you really expected me to call for you, for anyone - you know I'd rather die a thousand deaths." The words fell from her lips in proud defiance of any extension of help he offered. To proud to admit that even the strong and independent needed help from time to time. The resident blood bay wouldn't be where he was today without the help of Magnus, Kildare, and even the queen of self-reliance herself. Maybe it was wrong if him to believe it would be different now. To believe that the time apart would have made it clear for her as it had him. But if it was unfair he didn't seem to care too much.

He was glad to see her, happy that she was unharmed at least on the surface but his heart had grown hard from sadness and disappointment, and with it it's flexibility in regards to her outward indifference. But he didn't show it, he held that secret deep within, ignoring its existence for it was hard and painful. Being glad to see her was easier feeling relieved that she was ok was nicer, so he focused on that. ”Of course my dear. You have always been resilient and resourceful.” he smiled, a soft laugh leaving his lips. He secrets didn't make him any less sincere he had always admired her tenacity.

His attention was pulled away by warrick moments later who introduced himself properly, Nymph had a strong feeling about him, good of course, he seemed to be of strong character and The blood bay could respect that about the stallion. And as he went to move off Nymph caught him and made sure he told him so. ”It was a pleasure to properly meet you, I look forward to seeing you again.” The bay turned his attention Kimber, ready to see what she wanted and where she wanted to go see, but she stepped forward beyond his tall lean figure to Warrick’s own asking him to stay and tour with the two of them, claiming the benefit of them both getting to know him. She was right it wouldn't hurt but three years is a long time not to see someone and he had hoped they wouldn't need a buffer. Not wanting the third to feel awkward he smiled and stepped forward as well, physically showing his agreement. ” I would welcome the opportunity to get to know my fellow countryman as well, what do you saw Warrick?”

Nymph moved on at Kimber’s nonverbal plea, and strolled along slightly behind the others allowing for Warrick to lead them to whichever scenic locations he so wished, since kimber had asked him to stay He Wouldn't step on his toes. Internally he was brooding, but he hid it well, he doubted Kimber would notice. She dropped back eventually and rested her neck to his, an obviously comforting move, a physical representation of whatever her non verbalized feelings were. Nymph cherished it, those moments were rare from her, but he still wished it had just been the two of them. Ever so quietly, it was barely even a whisper he spoke to her, ”I didn't realize we still needed buffers… I'm glad your back though.”

Old habits die hard, but a heart may die harder.

NYMPHETAMINE

Magnus' Personal Thorn, Once Governor of Chamber

OOC: sorry guys!! Haha also typed this on my phone soooo hope it's ok!
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Warrick is glad that others are finding Tephra (or coming back?). For so long, before Offspring’s rule, he had lived in quiet and solitude, with nary the whisper of another on the wind. It is comforting to see new faces that are eager to join forces and build relationships; Warrick is unfamiliar when it came to kingdom life, but he is finding himself quickly becoming a fan. He had always been searching for a family, a place that he could protect and serve, and he dares to say that he has found it.

She is quick to reply to Nymphetamine, barely hesitating as the sarcasm drips from her lips. Warrick sends a wry smile towards the blood bay, his brows rising in amusement. It is entertaining, the sly banter between two old and obvious friends.

Kimber immediately sets herself into stride beside Warrick, his lips turning as he considers. “Of course,” he says to them both, thankful for the company and the chance to get to know them both a little better. There will not always be peace in Tephra or in all of Beqanna, and Warrick is set on aligning himself with his fellow residents so that if the time ever came, they would have a solid foundation of loyalty and trust.

“The beach,” he replies without a thought. Though Tephra’s shoreline is not as crystal clear or calm as Ischia’s, the dark sand from the volcanic ash and the rough, crashing waves were one of his favorites to be; it had been when he was alone in Tephra and it still continues to be. The blue-bay does not stop his casual walk, glad to have the two join him in the short time it would take to get there.

He does not hear their quiet conversation behind him, and part of him keeps his ears trained on something else so that he does not overhear.

“Before Tephra,” he says as he throws his voice over his shoulder, expertly picking his way through the kingdom for the shortest route to the beach, “where were you both?” The sounds of waves pounding sand begins to fill his ears, the smell of sulfur now mixing with the briny smell of the ocean’s air.
    like the sun,
    warrick

@[Nymphetamine]
    @[k i m b e r]