• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiosity killed the cat || city
    … curiosity killed the cat &
    satisfaction brought him back
    Dahmer is pleasantly surprised that there has been no snowfall in the Meadow yet this winter. The earth is hard and frosted beneath his hooves, but that he can deal with. The long grasses nearly reach his dark underbelly, but without the assistance of a more mild climate, the waving sea of grass is more of a light beige color than anything green. The change of scenery is nice, though there's almost always a small twinge of anxiety deep in his chest each time he leaves Tephra. Refusing to admit that he has a more secretive motive than simply protecting the volcanic territory, Dahmer shoves the discomfort away until he has distracted himself with something (someone, really) across the Meadow.

His thoroughbred frame moves leisurely, each crescent-shaped hoof planted gracefully to bring him closer to the flea-bitten lady who'd caught his attention. Dahmer's icy blue eyes keep her in view as he closes the large gap between them, his friendly and lopsided grin making an appearance as usual. The stallion's gaze shifts to the blood-marking on her withers before his eyes flick back to the mare's face, his gait finally ebbing away to a comfortable stop a few yards from the gray gal.

"How would you feel about going on an adventure with a stranger?" He gives her a friendly wink in hopes that it'll demonstrate that he is not here to cause harm, "I'm feeling... spontaneous." His blue eyes are alight with mischief, something that is not uncommon for the black beast, as he awaits his newest acquaintance's response.

"My apologies for not starting with my name but... it would be fun for you to pick a name for me, and I for you, yes?"

Dahmer knows that the scent of Tephra, something subtly ashy and sulfuric, clings to his shiny black coat, so there's a chance that she will be able to place him, but it's all good and fun just the same.
    break some bread for all my sins
    BY MITZI

@[City]

City

He startles her, honestly, when he comes upon her all energy and chipperness. She steps away from him with ears flat, it is an instinct to sway her rump away and face someone coming in all hot. She eyes him suspiciously while he delightedly informs her how spontaneous he’s feeling, her expression is an uncontrollable “what the fuck are you?” Her lips are wrinkled and if she had brows they would be bent quizzically. City is very rarely stunned, and furthermore, she’s almost never in the mood to receive such a stranger – no strangers, but especially not personal space invading motherfuckers such as this brazen bastard… The freckled mare cannot sort out just what it is she wants to do with this, with him. She contemplates walking away, or biting him, or kicking him. Aggressing him in some way seems like it may be desirable..

Mm. No, not today. Pregnancy tends suck your physical capabilities for violence out of you toward the end.

She snorts and tips her head to the side. “An adventure without a purpose?” Her voice is smooth but hard and her yellow eyes fix on him as she simmers into a more relaxed stand, stepping back a few more steps. Make up names? Her face wrinkles with annoyed puzzlement. “No.” She wonders for a moment if his mind might be mush and his keeper is looking for him somewhere. “You can call me City.

rushed and filled with all I found
    more, give me more, give me more

she a bitch
    @[Dahmer]
    … curiosity killed the cat &
    satisfaction brought him back
    He is not as well received by the blood-marked mare as he is usually accustomed to, but instead of feeling flustered or lost, the black beast simply takes it in stride. She reminds him almost immediately of the creatures he had congregated with on the island of Azza - they had all been angst and disgust and clouds more than sunshine. He almost enjoys the reminder of his homeland, but he knows at this point that he should retreat just a few steps, lest he had intruded so inconveniently that she felt the need to attack.

His grin remains, though perhaps a bit more amused than outwardly playful. The girl snorts at him, her nostrils flaring in her annoyance, and questions his idea as if had been the most absurd thing to ever grace Beqanna. Her yellow eyes pick at him with a sharp gaze and a quick image of the demon, Tabor, shimmers into view in his head. Dahmer chuckles, relaxing his frame and shifting his weight as the image disappears, making way for the mare's terse no.

"Your loss, I suppose. You look like you could use a distraction from whatever has placed that grimace on your face," he offers, though he knows full well that he's to blame today. The blue-eyed beast's grin remains. "It's a pleasure to meet you, City. My name is Dahmer. Have you lived in Beqanna long?"

Small talk -- just what she was hoping for, he's quite sure.
    break some bread for all my sins
    BY MITZI

City

"Your loss, I suppose. You look like you could use a distraction from whatever has placed that grimace on your face," And he decides to keep the stupid grin. She wants so badly to be annoyed more than entertained, but there’s something oddly endearing about how absolutely not deterred by her attitude he is. I’m fucking eight thousand months pregnant, fuck ass, you’d be grimacing too.  She says nothing aloud and keeps her shallow scowl as he keeps his adorable grin. She sucks in a deep breath and levels her yellow eyes back onto him, “My whole life.” Her ears flip up and then back down and then one up. She relaxes and sinks into a more lazy posture, one ankle propped and her weight resting on the other. He’s not going away, is he? She wants to chuckle, but she doesn’t, she holds onto her pregnant bitterness reluctantly.

And what would this adventure be then, Dahmer?” She takes her eyes away while her words carve into the humid air. Her accent is hard to miss but harder to place. No one seems to possess it anymore, but her mother used to speak with it and now so does City.  Some of the old timers, ones from the way back, know the Valley accent anywhere…but there are hardly any of them left nowadays.

rushed and filled with all I found
    more, give me more, give me more

@[Dahmer] - sorry for the wait xD
    <3