• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - Heda
    Jinju
    It had been a while since she had last seen her sister. Once they had been really close and with Heda’s arrival at the Taiga Jinju finally had found a sister. Seeing the bond Alivia and Arete had always sparked some longing in her. So yes, she had been pretty delightful when she and Ruan had brought Heda home to join their family.

But with all things happening… Their family had started to fall apart. Their mother had left the Taiga and most of her siblings had disappeared, either following her or venturing out to live their own lives. Their father, broken, though trying his best to keep the pack safe. Like an alpha should. Jinju tried to be there for him the best she could.

Just as she had been roaming through the forest trying to find Reagan. Thus far her attempts had been unfruitful. But maybe, maybe it wasn’t up to her to find her mother. To find their mother. Heda was the last sibling that still roamed the Taiga and even though she had looked very upset when Jinju had last met her, she still had to ask. ”Heda.”

They had grown somewhat apart, sadly enough, but Jinju loved her sister very much. And right now, a sister was that what she needed. Because she too was upset and hurting, even if she tried to not show it too much. But the fear of losing her mother.. After getting dumped by her biological dam and have Lexa being taken from her, there was no way she could go through another loss.

@[Lena]
    Heda
    Home is no longer home any more, it lacks that essence the sweetness she used to remember. It's now bitter, riddled with something more sinister, far from what Taiga was supposed to be. She was supposed to be a place for the wounded, a safe haven for the most children of Beqanna. There once many here, joy frolicked throughout her forests but no longer, children didn't play nor linger, they grew, and some even left. She hardly sees any of her family members, for everyone is scarce broken apart, like shattered pottery their family has fractured. And so it seems Taiga's love, and joy has been swept away with it.

So now she lingers, the once glowing princess of Taiga, saddened by the loss of joy upon her homeland, and the lack of love that lingered within the hallowed cracks of her forests. She hardly sees her family, her friends but every once in a while she comes upon them, lured by their emotions, the hint of joy as if it were a trail of hope. That joy would once more riddle the gorges redwood forest, but that days seems far, and incredibly delayed.

Today is different though, she tries at least to bring joy to this land once more, and it makes her exhausted. She does not fly as usual, she walks taking through the breathtaking forest that she and her sister and her use to play in ever so long ago. Just walking through it made her smile, as the memories began to trickle in, so sweet, and so joyful. It was good back then, but how could it fall all apart so soon and so quickly, it was unfortunate what happened. But it's done, and forgiven and all she can do is to try to build her home up.

And so when she hears the call of her name, she turns tail navy pointed lobes perked, and when her hazel gaze meets her sister she can't help herself, and a glowing smile finds its way upon her lips. Although exhausted, the girl charges towards her sister in a rather playful notion, but then she breaks down rather tired once more. Offering her muzzle towards her sister, "Jinju. How have you been?" She exclaims in a rather friendly tone, but she's far too tired to see how Jinju is, if sadness riddles her, or anything far beyond her powers that is troubling her inky sister.
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl who loved too easily
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Jinju
    Children would walk on Taigan ground once more. Now in the form of their youngest sibling, which Jinju had stumbled upon – or had Enfys stumbled upon her? – in the forest when she had been looking for their mother. But within the year there would also be a child in the form of her own blood calling the Taiga home. She hoped more life would follow soon.

It is true the pine tree forest is still mourning. They all do. But good things had been happening too. Jinju had finally reconnected with their father and she had mend her relationship with Circinae too. She liked having a friend at home. A friend had also joined the Taiga in the form of Aten, who seemed eager to prove himself worthy of living here. Though, they weren’t family. Not like Heda was.

The smile that makes her lips curl mirror’s Heda’s. She does not wait for her sister to come to her, she walks to meet the buckskin navy woman half way. ”Heda” she repeats again, almost as a soft whisper coming from her lips. Jinju is eager to extend her own neck to brush the velvet of her nose against her sister’s. ”With everything that has happened, surprisingly okay” she answers with a smile. Pausing she takes a step closer and as her ears pin forward she reaches out to playfully nuzzle Heda’s neck. ”You?”

Knowing Heda this well, she does not miss the exhausted look on her usually bright and happy features. She’s worried for her, but at the same time they are all adults now. With a small smile she pulls back, but she does not step out of Heda’s personal space. Even though they aren’t as close as they had been as children, to Jinju Heda was one of the few she really felt comfortable and secure around. She could only hope that it was the same for her sister and they would be able to talk and get through this all together.
    Heda
    Children are the least of her problems, although they were once a source of joy, she used to say she was unneeded when a child frolicked about within Taiga, but perhaps she was needed. She sparked courage, and kindness within the little ones, she nurtured them with her emotions. She gave them everything, and she sheltered them just as her father had. She hadn't noticed how much he rubbed off on her, although she was still angered by his lack of vigilance, and foolishness. Something inside her hailed redemption but she couldn't bare the thought, he needed to suffer a little longer. For his wounds to remain raw, she needed it, she needed to see him. 

So when Jinju asks how she's feeling she can't help but release a chuckle, sweet but ever is genuine. "I'm fine, I guess?" She flails her golden head, whisps of navy mane catching the wind, and landing messily upon her cranium. Her hazel gaze flickers about curiously, "I'm exhausted." She states, allowing her head to lower in a rather tired manner. "I can't do this Jinju. It's getting too hard. Mom is gone, Dad has become reckless, the rest of our siblings have fled or disappeared, and it seems I'm the only one holding up Taiga by a single thread." Her words are honest, and drowned in her own exhaustion.

Sorry Saph! I only had my phone on me and this what I could get up for now.
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Jinju
    Of course Heda was needed. But not in the way she might think she was needed. Jinju needed a sister, someone to talk to, not someone to rule her emotions. And by the looks from it, her sister needed her as much as Jinju needed her. Family. They were still family and nobody would tear her beloved sister out of her life too. Heda says she’s fine, but soon, soon the truth spills. Jinju steps forward, tugging the navy and golden girl against her side and into an embrace. ”You don’t have to carry the burden on your own” she murmurs softly, ruby eyes showing worry.

Her muzzle touches Heda’s cheek, slowly moving up to ruffle her navy hair. She never knew her sister was troubled this much. Yes, she had seen Heda’s anger, but she had also seen her sister’s love. She had seen her trying to make the best of it. ”I’ve been looking for mom, but I can’t seem to find her…” she tells softly, her heart hurting as she does. Her lips trail over Heda’s cheek as she’s gets lost in thought. ”I can’t find her. She does not let me. But.. but I did find our youngest sister. I brought her home..” She did not know why she was telling Heda this all. They both were hurting, but Jinju had to admit that little Enfys brought her joy. And she also didn’t want to hide it from her sister.

”I’m glad to see you..” she murmurs softly, nuzzling closer against her sister’s side. She was glad to have her sister at her side once more, to just hold her, one of the rare family member’s that was still near her. One that hadn’t left her behind.
    Heda
    There she was as always, her best friend, her sister Her very own vault she could open up to, and it was only her now. Her father was once trusted, but unfortunately due to recent–past events he has lost everything he had had once had with the emotional, everything. So now Jinju was her person, and all sh could cherish it, and as Jinju speaks her sweet sisterly words meeting her navy toned lobes, always supportive and loving, the emotions giving her some sort of strength. So with tired eyes Heda responds honestly, "I know... I just can't lose this place. You know how much Taiga means to me, it's been my only home and I can't watch it just waste away."  She pauses, allowing her body to move forwards towards Jinju, until her cranium rested upon there Inky sisters back in some from rest.

But when Jinju speaks of Mom, and her sudden disappearance Heda can't help herself but interrupt. "She will be found when she wants you to. You know our mother." She states, her hazel gaze lingering upon Jinju's gorgeous red eyes, Heda had always admired them in truth. Finding them to be as exquisite as her own wings, at one point. Her eyes linger for a moment until Jinju speaks a child, a sibling.

Her head raises, and her appendages guide her forwards complexed, mother and father had a child? A child before she left... why wouldn't they tell us this? Isaan, had always been expected that they would have a little brother, and mother had told all of them, every sister and brother that they ha in their huge family. Her gaze lingers for a moment, curiously glancing about. "A child?" She states hesitantly, why had mother lied to them–kept this from them? "I must see her...But not now." She releases, hope beginning to edge it's way through the cracks of Tagia, a slow beginning for the return of joy, and love that once encompassed the land, her home.

"I'm glad to se you too Jinju." She expels with sweet honey dipped words, allowing her muzzle to meet her sister shoulder, gently nuzzling her in a sisterly embrace. Navy tinged wings, open agape allowing the feathery limbs to hug her tightly, she didn't want to let go of this.. She was becoming stronger slowly, and she could feel it as love pumped through her veins, a sisterly love.  
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Jinju
    It hurts Jinju to see Heda this lost, this hurt. She does not want her sister to feel like this, as Heda – in her opinion – only deserved the best things in life. Even though her sister had to carry the burden of everybody’s emotion, she always seemed so much more balanced than Jinju herself. She went where she was guided, her fire not letting anything contain it. ”I know. And I wouldn’t want to lose it either. It’s home..” she murmurs softly in an answer, reaching out to press her muzzle to her sister’s skin as they embrace one another.

Jinju can only nod, knowing Heda is right. Reagan would allowed herself to be found once she was ready for it. Not sooner, not later. ”I just.. want to see her. Need to know if she’s okay..” Just like she had supported their father, she wanted to be there for their mother too. Reagan meant so much to her, and had had such a big part of her life. Again Jinju nods, confirming that there is indeed a child. ”Her name is Enfys. And she’s truly beautiful” she tells her sister, a small smile on her lips. Even before they had reached the Taiga, Jinju had already accepted her in her heart.

When her sister’s blue muzzle lands on her shoulder, Jinju bends her own neck and rests her own upon the golden girl’s one. She settles in silence next to her, just enjoying their closeness. It had been too long since they had seen each other and she made a mental note to herself to never let it take this long again. ”What have you been doing lately?” she asks softly, to not break the nice peaceful around them.