• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm Holding On... [Open]

Many of her days she spent watching over the children of Beqanna.  Whether they were visiting their friends at the playground or staying in the den she watched them.  She found joy in their happiness.  She felt the pain in their saddness of those cradled by the fairies until a home was found for them. There was always a happily ever after wasn't there?

Today she found herself in thought and in thought she wandered.  To where she wasn't sure nor how long it had taken to get there.  She was careful though to not run into anyone as her track record was sketchy in that department.  So she stayed aware of herself and the others gathered here.  Clearly she had ended up in a common lands of sorts.  Equines coming and going like the ocean waves.  Besides her decorate gown upon her back she was no different then anyone here.  Seeking a future someplace within Beqanna.  Be it a home, friendship or love.  Love... That was a deep subject.  Too deep for the moment.

As she came to a halt to observe the others she pondered her own purpose... Or lack there of.  Certainly she had a purpose here or why would the fairies have brought her.  Given her the gift upon her back.  One day soon she was sure she would find out what it was...

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold

Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep.
    Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean.

It has been an extremely long time since he had found himself in this place. The last time he had been here was to recruit for the Gates when he was a child-king. He hadn't taken many trips here, but it was enough to bring the memories flooding back, causing him for a time to stand at the edges of the field completely still and unmoving. It's strange this feeling of complete nervousness that bubbles within his chest and for a time he allows himself to drown in it until he finally blinks and shakes his head, clearing the vivid memories from his mind.

It's then the warmth of the summer's sun suddenly comes very apparent on his silver back and with a soft sigh he steps forward in search of even the slightest bit of shade. Long lean legs carry him steadily through the tall grass towards a patch of trees at an even pace. It's then he catches sight of movement and coming to a stop his large masculine head turns towards the figure and for a moment he is frozen in place as she touches his memory. He knows he's seen her somewhere and for a moment he can't remember exactly where until the small form of Anthara enters his mind and behind her in the distance is the same mare watching them as he leads the small child away from the Adoption Den.

"Hey, you!" He's never been the best at greetings. "Hey!" Turning towards her he moves into a slow trot before finally coming up next to her and coming to a stop he clears his throat slightly. "I've seen you before, in the Adoption Den," he pauses for a moment before continuing, "What are you doing here?"

TANNOR

demon morphing son of a bitch
    fuck all your dreams; they're not all they seem.

Romek found himself in the Field more often than usual. If he could have it his own way, he would never visit the Field at all… but. Here he was. His amber eyes watch the comings and goings of horses. And though the numbers in the Field were high, higher than he’d seen for quite a while, there was a dearth of horses who he considered worthy of approaching. He could not say why, but by looking he could tell that they would not be suitable for Taiga, and their land wasn’t starving for more members. They could afford to be at least somewhat picky.

It’s a mare with wings upon her back that catches his attention – chestnut, with flashy, colourful wings. They remind him of Lucrezia, a friend of his who had also lived in his old home before it got sunk into the ground.... He watches her for a moment, though a very brief moment is all it takes before he moves over towards her. There’s someone else who she reminds him of, too, in countenance – his own wife, Maribel.

Even with these associations, there is something about just her which draws him in. He stops a short distance away, gives his typical incline of his head towards both man and woman. He has no great spiel prepared, nor could he manage to pull off a nice speech (being firmly a warrior, rather than a wordsmith). And, at any rate, she was a stranger, even though she reminded him of others, and he ought to make sure she is a good fit for Taiga – it is not for everyone. It demands a certain kind of loyalty, of strength and perseverance….

”Hello there. My name is Romek. I’m from Taiga.” he turns to look at the other stallion, squinting his eyes a little bit. ”You remind me of someone.” he says, musingly, though he can’t quite place it.

Romek

As the sun grew higher in the sky it warmed her hazelnut coat.  Drapery of green, navy and gold feathers upon her sleek frame shielded her from the direct rays.  Allowing the slight breeze to pass under them and cool her.  It was an interesting feeling, a soft tickle as the plumage shifted.  A smile coming peacefully to her delicate features...

Amber pools gazed out upon the lands she found herself in.  Searching for no one in particular but not unwelcoming to any who may say hello in passing.  Besides her bright feathers she was rather passable.  She was not tall, nor strong... She did not possess fancy sorcery as some here did.  Or so she's heard.  She's met actually very few.  A child though had shown her his gift of the mind which she found astounding.  So she hadn't expected any to approach her when there were much finer contenders for their kingdoms...

Just then abrupt words were coming from behind her.  She was sure they were meant for someone else and she was just in the way so before she was run over, again, she sidestepped while looking in the direction of the voice.  A towering silver stallion was coming straight at her even as she had moved.  She was very good with faces, and names if they were exchanged.  She remembered watching this stallion in the adoption den.  First in suspicion as to his intentions but in finding no harm to the fawn colored foal she watched them convers then leave.  The foal did not accompany him now so she assumed she was left in the care of a foster mare while he scouted.  His bold advance upon her caught her by surprise and her smile had faltered for a moment.  As he halted before her he spoke of the day in the adoption den.  He remembered her?  Quickly her smile had returned.  Pondering his question for only a moment before sweet vocals replied, "I'm not exactly sure actually.  I was just thinking and walking and found myself here." Her mind trailed often so this wasn't a shock to her.  "You know how that goes." A girlish giggle escaped her maw.  Amber eyes watching him from under cream veil that had swept across her features.  "My name's Aurora but the children call me Rue.  Who do I owe the pleasure on this beautiful day?" 

A few moments had passed in conversation before another was quick to join them.  A curious looking stallion of equally large form with rows of lights running along his spine.  Turning to face them both she glanced upon the newcomer in interest.  He seemed to be looking for someone in particular and she was sure she was not it.  She would have remembered such a unique glow upon another as he possessed.  An introduction was given so she returned one as well, " Hello, my name is Aurora.  I'm not sure who I'd remind you of.  I don't know many here.  I've kept to myself mainly, watching over the children of Beqanna." She paused momentarily before continuing, "It's nice to meet you Romek.  Have you traveled far from your home?".  Gaze met his as he seemed to be trying to place something in his mind...

AuroraElis

Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep.
    Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean.

He was always good at remembering faces, even if he had never had direct contact or communication with those faces. It had been a skill the fathers had taught him. They had stressed the importance of needing to always remember so that were something to happen in the future he wouldn't ever be fooled by those who had done wrong or too impressed by the ones who did good. It's now that brings one of the rare times he can clearly hear his father's voices ringing in the back of his mind as he stands there waiting for the pretty winged girl's acknowledgement.

Remember, remember, always remember...
    You must remember each and every one of them.
    To forget means to not survive.

It takes effort, but he forces himself to keep the look of surprise that threatened to appear on his face at bay. He doesn't want to ever reveal what is going on in his mind. What threatens to return... It is then he notices her smile and for a moment it pulls him even further away from the voices that haunt his mind. "I do, yes. All too well." His thinking and walking had led him to reaching the Adoption Den and for once his thoughts had led to something decent. To finding family in a child of innocent nature.

It's then she introduces herself and for a moment he watches her with all black eyes, like that of a demons before nodding slightly. "It's nice to meet you Aurora," he then pauses in hesitation. He hasn't told anyone his name in years with the exception of Anthara and the two mares that resided in his home. For so long he had done his best to stay in the shadows, to avoid being discovered by his past. "My name is Tannor." He allows his own introduction to be followed with a slight nervous smile. "I don't think and walk much anymore, at least not in the open lands of Beqanna. I do that mainly back home, in the Plainz."

Though it's then the other's voice that makes him jump slightly, his head swinging towards the other stallion as he grits his teeth in surprise. It takes a few moments but then he finally forces himself to relax. He is not one of them. He would remember. He watches the other as he introduces himself and with a nod of his head he accepts the other joining their group. "It's nice to meet you Romek," and though Aurora mistakes the other's words to be held towards her, he for a moment squints back at Romek, trying to force himself to remember if he had ever met this stallion before. Though he can't place him. His face is nowhere. "Who?" his voice is soft, and though it is blunt it holds no ill-nature towards the newcomer.

TANNOR

demon morphing son of a bitch

Home... The words meaning was somewhat alien to her.  Her previous "home", before the fairies rescued her, wasn't much of a home.  A home to her was security, family, friends, love... No that had not been her previous experience.  The closest she found to home was the lands for the children of BQ.  She had found home in theirs.  A dream maybe as she watched them find security, family, friends and love.  Love... Another foreign word to her.  She had a harsh understanding of previous "love".  Control was not love.  She wouldn't believe that.  Because she lacked compliance in their ideas they intended to break her.  Brainwash her into believing their idea of home and love...

Her smile could be infectious.  The light in her eyes shown brilliantly, hiding the darkness that lay deep inside.  She would not let it consume her, not again.  Her eyes peered into his, an abyss of blackness she had not seen in but only one other.  It was a different blackness though.  It didn't seem as dark and distant as the others.  She smiled shyly as he mentioned remembering her.  Her bright plumaged hugged her tighter covering her scarred past.  When he offered his name her heart fluttered inside.  A beaming inside as she quickly acknowledged his response, "It's nice to properly meet you Tannor." Listening intently as he continued to speak.  Her milky drapery settled neatly upon her carmel hide.  "I have a bad reputation for thinking and walking that's for sure," a slight girlish giggle escaped her.  Ears flicked forward in interest as he mentioned his home, the Plainz... She had not heard of the place yet.  Though she hadn't been farther than the common lands.  Inquisitive she questioned him, "The Plainz... Is that far from here?" She had heard of the Lake from the playground and thought about visiting there... 

AuroraElis