• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sticks and stones, Love [Stillwater]
    Beqanna had changed that she was sure.  The kingdom's were not how she remembered them to be so she took it upon herself to relearn them.  Having spent most her days lately wandering about the Forest she had talked to only her Father.  He was well and on his way to gaurd Tephra.  It was a peaceful place... No that would not do, not for her.  The creatures of the Forest talked, oh did they talk.  Like hen's pecking at the grain of life.  Being plain and boring she blended quite well.  Nothing special screamed out for attention so she used that to her advantage.  Change was once again falling on Beqanna, like the dried leaves fell to the snow covered lands, but not as a whole.  A kingdom.  Interest was taken immediately at the news and what that may hold for her... It was always about her.

Silently she poured into the shadows within the lands.  Lurking about unnoticed by the few who called here home.  She had heard Sylva was a peaceful land that kept to themselves but stirring about was potentially trouble.  She liked stirring that pot.  Alone with her plots and plans she wandered farther into the kingdom.  She caught a glimpse of a lowly looking equine wallowing in his own self pitty.  Surely this could be fun.  She slid from the shadows not far from him.

You look like a mutt who's owner beat him one too many times... Now tell me how a stallion such as yourself becomes, she eyes him pathetically, this?  Her bluntness could not be ignored but her question did not need an answer. As she neared him she could sense a brokenness, for a moment she almost felt bad for the poor bastard.  She was just within reach as she encircled him as a vulture to a dead carcass.  Karaugh wasn't a feline. She didn't care to play with her prey in a toying fashion.  She killed it or moved on if it hadn't a purpose. He could very well have something she seeked.  Yes, very much so.

As she reapproached his front quarters her ebony whips played along their hides.  A shimmer was seen and her crown tilted to view it better... Such a shame, she tisked in disappointment.  Again a smile pulled from her lips as she introduced herself, I'm Karaugh(K-ar-a) by the way.  She pronunciates her name as many get it wrong and if she is to be blamed for anything they better get her name right 
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call

OOC: As requested Wink
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Stillwater

"You look like a mutt who's owner beat him one too many times... Now tell me how a stallion such as yourself becomes... this?"

He didn't have to turn his head much to see the woman, most especially as she began to circle him as though he were a piece of meat at market. He smiled slowly, knowingly. She probably wasn't even aware of the magnetic pull of his lethal attraction that tugged her closer, dragging her into orbit around him. His seductive scent, his alluring eyes, his carefully chiseled features.

"Such a shame," she said in mock disappointment as she caught sight of the beautiful chain at his foot. She introduced herself then. Karaugh. It wasn't familiar, and he hadn't seen her at the meeting. A traveler then, perhaps. Someone who didn't belong, more so than even he.

Aw, you mean you don't like it? he asked, feigning hurt and lifting his leg with a casual inspection of it. It was rather fetching, if he didn't consider the whole purpose behind having it latched on to him. Not that she would know that part. He had hoped it would go unnoticed, small and ornamental as it was, inconspicuous. But he supposed not everyone could keep from looking over his whole sensual figure, head to foot. They simply couldn't help it, and he wasn't conceited in thinking so; merely a fact.

Simply the nature of the beast.

Such as myself, you say? And what sort of stallion do you think I am, then? What is it you think I have become? he challenged her curiously with a kind smile.
    You don't even know me. But you could. Oh, you could.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it
    She had crossed into the lands for various reasons but one such reason in particular.  She was seeking out a nook within the mountain side to hide her in solitude when she wanted it.  Coming across such a prize though was pure luck.  Especially one such as him, alone.  Though the shackle upon his ankle suggested he was owned.  She shrugged off the thought of another.  Was he truly loyal... 

His words were nector to the hive that swarmed inside her.  Did she know him? Of course not personally but he was male and this wasn't her first encounter with others of his type.  They all wanted the same things, particularly one.  The satisfaction of affections.  She could satisfy his needs... If he wished it.  She slipped under his jawline as the circle completed and walked off into another circle off to the side of him.  Her scent lingering like a soft caress of a lovers hand to his cheek.  A grin played upon her features in pure satisfaction as she looked over her shoulder at him. Her next words slightly taunting, A stallion as yourself I would imagine would take what he wanted.  Not wait for a bone like a good mutt.  Maybe she was wrong and he was a Yes Man, a call boy of sorts.  Doing the bidding of others but never getting truly rewarded for the efforts.  She shrugged a bit at the thought.   
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Stillwater
    She didn't respond at first, still circling. Then she was sweeping beneath his chin and out the other side. He only moved a fraction so that he wouldn't touch her, lifting his head just enough, and watched her progress as she continued a ways more. Her fragrance lingered and he breathed it in openly, deeply. Tasting it. A sly little grin was thrown his way, over the sloping curve of her bare shoulder. She stoked the embers in his eyes, warmed them. Heated them.

"A stallion as yourself I would imagine would take what he wanted. Not wait for a bone like a good mutt."

He chuckled softly, amusement in his dark blue stare. And what would she say if he took her?
    You might be assuming too quickly, he warned gently, watching her movements intently. He was not so easily goaded. But she had a way about her, didn't she.

Have anything useful for me, Tease, or are you only here to kick a dog when he's down? Or so she seemed to think. She reminded him of Celeana; too quick to see what she wanted. Much too swift to make their leaps. Too easy. She did have a certain appeal though, a charm and that pretty face. Could she put them to use, he wondered. Or was she only a shiny shell pretending to be a priceless pearl.

Any hidden talents I might find enjoyable? he asked low.

Then again, sometimes a warm body is all that was needed. Or so many seemed to think.
    The daylight was growing scarce as the sun fell from its perch in the sky.  The darkness brought with it a chill.  She shuddered slightly as it crept deeper into her core.  Only the heat from another could warm such a coldness. Maybe deep down she longed for another to warm her the only way a lover could.  Someone to hold her close and protect her from all she feared.  Only one had maybe loved her this way.  Her Father.  Maybe she felt she wasn't worth loving... Yeah that was probably it.

She was slightly disappointed when his teeth didn't rake across her spine as she past.  Such a good boy.  She grinned as usual.  She wasnt a toy though and she didn't play this game of cat and mouse.  She was too forward for that. Too honest. Too blunt.  He had his reasons for avoiding contact she was sure.  Perhaps he was loyal to the shackle upon his foreleg.  Words escape him once more.  She listens and a reference burned her..Tease... She was far from a tease.  She was offering affection and he refused it.  She can't help but answer his question with a question,

Do you even know what you want? Her words were sharp and as she waited for a possible answer, if he even knew, she ponders his other question.  What talents did she posses... Well that was a relatively easy question to answer... None.  Nothing special anyhow.  She was just her.  Plain, boring her.  So she had developed ways to entertain herself.  A partially disappointed expression fell upon her features.  She tried her best to hide any emotion and with a deep inhale she left that question hang.  She did wonder where his master was.  She should congradulate them on having such a good pet.  She glanced once more to the shackle then back to him,

So... Where is your master and why have they left you so...alone?  Hoping for more entertainment she pryed slightly.  Shocked they hadn't turned up yet to fetch him.

Karaugh
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Stillwater
    "Do you even know what you want?"
    Like a woman scorned.

He smiled slowly. She had a bite to her, a fight to her. And she didn't like his name for her either: tease. Was she testing him? Trying to see if he'd melt into her touch? She would find he was not so easily tempted by merely a sensual body and quick tongue. Most especially with this sense of disconnect subduing his hunger. Dry, so dry.

She paused and thought over his last question, before dismissing it and once again responding with her own question. He tossed his head back and laughed, deep and clear. It was a rich sound, a rare sound from him, and was almost foreign to his own ears.
    Do you always answer a question with another question? he asked, mirth and amusement shining in his dark eyes.

He'd seen her glance down at his chain again, before meeting his gaze. It felt colder, now that his attention was brought back to it though he didn't follow her eyes down to it. He didn't need to see it to know that it was still there. His face darkened a shade, and his mirth diminished. She was too interested in it, this pretty anklet. It made him suspicious. And she was determined it meant that he was owned in some way. He shook his head slowly, his face blank.

What makes you think I have not had this all my life?
    It is not a wedding ring, you know.

He tilted his chin and looked her over. She was an odd one if she were a spy. Perhaps someone Djinni had sent to keep an eye on him, but she didn't smell like the trickster at all. Nayl then? Possibly, but not likely. She was one to do things herself, not assign some lackey to check in on him. If she even noticed his absence at all, that is. No, not a spy. What then?

With a challenge in his gaze, and the fire of hunger flaring back to life in his eyes, he stepped forward to her. His movements were smooth, here in the middle of the land. Easy. Steady. Just barely the soft whisper of metal at his foot. He didn't stop until the velvet of his muzzle was but an inch from hers. Dark blue stare slid down her face, to her cheeks, her nose, her lips, and slowly back up again to her eyes. Tracking her features in leisure, taking his time. The hunger brighter, but only just.

I am not spoken for, if that's what bothers you, he said soft and low, so near her skin. There was a challenge in his voice, a question in his eyes. Who was she, what was she. And how much could she handle.

Not a queen. He could take this one.
    But what if she were useful?
    Decisions.

Who are you really, Karaugh?

He was a hard read she could give him that.  All men fell though to his lusts.  Sooner or later.  She could be lusted over.  She did not want to own him or even claim his every moment.  A fleeting encounter perhaps, or more if there was an offer.  She had been made an offer recently by two sirens that lead her to the Mountain.  There she awaited her faint.  Devilish grin as the beast claimed her, for that moment...

Attention shifted back as he laughed in responds to her questioning.  She could be a hard read too.  So she waits for him to finish.  A slight eye roll.  He could win this time.  Tassels whipped and a snort fluttered deep within.  He didn't wish for answers really.  He was only taunting her for amusement as she had him... Well played.

But then the scale tipped ever so slightly.  He found his footings and neared her.  A fire burning from deep within.  He could only dim it for so long before it was stoked back to life.  She stood still waiting, watching.  Heartbeat quickened, breathing more shallow as he studied her delicate features.  A soft whisper of words brushed across her flesh.  The meaning of the words brought a devilish grin to her lips.  If he wasnt owned he could have her for whatever he wished in that moment.  Another question surfaced and her answer was just that,

Whatever you wish me to be...

Karaugh
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Stillwater
    Her breath fanned across his nose in quick little puffs of sweetness, quickening just the slightest in this moment of charged silence. The air around them nearly sparked in electricity, little bolts of lightning dancing down his spine. He mused over the possibilities had he been drenched in the seductive lick of water. Could she have lasted this long? His eyes burned with a fevered hunger that he wouldn't answer. Not yet. An impish grin swept up her tasteful lips when she answered him.

"Whatever you wish me to be..."

Mmm.. he hummed in pleasure, his eyes closing. That did sound nice, didn't it? Whatever he wanted her to be. There were a number of things he could think of, but many required something he suspected she didn't have to give. Loyalty.

She seemed a wanderer to him, an opportunist. Those never stayed long, flitting from one thing to another. One home to another. One man to another. Not that he expected to bed her, and certainly neither of them would see it as anything more than a moment of powerful satisfaction. Up and on to her next conquest by morning, more likely. That much was fine, he supposed, but if she'd be something more than a warm body, it would take at least a little loyalty. Not to him, perhaps, but to his needs.

I want you to stay, Karaugh, he said softly, the honesty evident in his tone. He did wish for her to stay. Maybe not for what she had in mind, if she had preconceived notions, but yes, to stay with him. Trust him, answer to him. He was king, after all. In his way.

I'm not certain you can handle what I need. Yes, of course he doubted her, this seductive stranger. Trust was difficult for him to give, and he'd need to. It nearly made him leave, that vulnerability. He didn't trust her not to screw things up, not to wrong him in some way. Not to cause him.. harm  difficulties.

He finally pulled back from her body heat, staring deep into her eyes. Could she be trusted enough? Could she even handle the task, or want to? Nobody had ever been that close to him, perhaps no one ever would. Unless she took up his offer. A loner, always. Now? Maybe a partnership of a kind. Maybe.
    Maybe.

I am responsible for this forest and its peoples, he divulged flatly, for once appearing more as the monarch than the aloof stranger she'd seen. Taller somehow, more regal. She thought him a pet of some kind, when in reality he had been put in charge. He was the master of this dark manor. Lend me your aid. Become a dignitary. Be my voice in the other lands. Bring others home from the field and the meadow. Lots of them.

Can I trust you? Can you handle such a grave responsibility?  Or would she rather do something else with him? Something easier, less meaningful. Something that only lasts a night. A night she'd never forget, for certain, but still only a night and no more.

Time stood frozen in that moment.  Or was it she frozen in Time.  Her eyes gently closed, her lips pulled apart in an anticipated grin.  She could hear his words but they were distant like a dream.  His scent an intoxicating mist surrounding her, poisoning her.  She could sense him around her in all the ways she had wished but satisfaction never came.  This one had a way about him...

Her insides screamed for her to run, run far away.  Like a moth drawn to a flame though she couldn't resist.  A tempting offer was made and she contemplated her part in it.  Travel to lands, make allies, bring in members... For him?  Suddenly Time released it choke hold on her.  Deep orbs shot open and met his searching within them for something.  Not an answer but something more, something much more.  Her features don't softened easily but in that instant the harshness melted away.  Gone was her need to find a motive.  He sounded sincere in his requests.  Why her? Surely there were others more qualified than she... His demeanor had change as did his stature.  More firm, more demanding, more regal.  He spoke of his duties to this land.  Who was he, really?...

Her stature straightened a bit, her features a tad more puzzled.  She wasn't a servant or slave.  She had no duties to anyone.  She was not owned.  She was free.  Even freedom had its costs though.  Her thoughts fumbled together and what seemed like a while was mere seconds.  She had many questions and she was sure in time they would be answered, one way or another.  She required something in return though...

I will consider your offer but I must make something clear... I am not your servant.  I will only accept being your equal.  Her words were steele.  There was no bending, no negotiation to be had.  Take it or leave it.  

Thoughts flipped back through the pages of their encounter.  She was quick to judge a book by it's iron cover.  The softness he expressed in fleeting moments suggested there was more to this book.  There were walls built from damage done by others.  Others close to him too.   Would he let her in... Could he let her in... Enough to actually help him.  She wasn't so sure.  Her features had softened again with these thoughts as she spoke in a sweeter tone,

If I were to help you, will you in turn help me?  She figured she'd let him question her intentions for a moment.  Grin sweeping across her features as her hips shifted.  The days were getting a bit warmer as the sun kissed the frozen lands stronger.  Time was creeping up on her quickly.  She hadn't even found a cave yet but her sides grew more and more pronounced.  That sneaky Time. 
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call

OOC: Had to fit in some Time defects from quest Wink
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Stillwater
    She heard him, soaked in his offer and voice like a burning tonic. Her face smoothed...

And she was beautiful.

His breath caught and he stared. She straightened at the firmness in his tone, the underlying command of a ruler. Already, he could see the fight in the depths of her eyes, the defiance. She didn't do so well with authority, hm? Even his? The gentle askance, the sweet persuasion. The lover's touch. He could make her purr for him. But it wasn't enough, was it. Not for this one. Ambition, greed. His equal? She couldn't stand so high. Not without him.

It was odd for him to offer so much to a stranger, wasn't it? And yet she asked for more. Everyone was a stranger to him; he was a loner. Solitary creature. All strangers. The only question was which deserved his trust and which threw it back in his face.

The others would do this simply because it was their home, it was for the good of their kingdom. Any could fill this spot, perform these duties, and he offered her a stand, a rank. He offered his arm, a place at his side, yet she wanted more. Equals. No creature was his equal. He squelched the low rumble in his throat before it could expand.

"If I were to help you, will you in turn help me?"

Another of her impish little grins. Her generous hips shifted, and his eyes caught on the movement. His head tilted just slightly as he drank her in, every move, every curve. Hunger was quickly becoming thirst. But... were her sides heavier? A foreign magic? He frowned faintly, puzzled and growing uneasy. He stood solid though, stoic, and his dark eyes slid back to hers again. Waiting.

What the hell more could she possibly want?
    He'd give her this chance to impress him, spark his interest. Or they were done. She could not be his equal. Not a servant nor a slave, but not a Queen either. The only person to stand so close to him, to know him. Knowing him was his greatest threat. His anonymity was his protection. He offered the dagger that could kill him, and he was regretting it. He saw the mistake in it now.

A mistake he wouldn't make again.