• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And this time I'm not leaving without you; mandatory for residents
    The spotted mare once again calls to the Sylvians. Once again she needs their help. Marlyn does not like to disturb them as they bore their young, nestled in the ferns and moss, slept blissfully in the warm sun between tall trees but the time had some to establish some type of security force.

Marlyn understands that she is a young woman and had seemed to be reminded of her lack of qualifications...that she would never be her mother. Dark eyes close for a moment as Marlyn gathers her thoughts before giving a call to the Sylvians. With forward lobes and keen eyes, the mare watches carefully for their approach. The spotted woman notices the numbers have fallen ever so slightly but she did not care much for those who decided to leave. She cared for those loyalist who remained.

"I call to you, my friends, in effort of forming a security force." She falls quiet to observe the Sylvians reactions. "Our principles, our values will remain true. We are a peaceful and communal land but peace attracts war." Once again she quiets as the citizens murmur amongst themselves. "I ask of those before me, who volunteers to be the first? Who will head the security force as well as serve as my own guard? We should not have to fear for our safety but I fear that change is happening all around us and we must have a plan in case the unexpected should happen." 

The white masked mare watches the small group with a tight smile as she does fear they may reject the idea. The people make the land and Marlyn was in reality, a server to their needs and would only follow along with what the Sylvians decide.
    MARLYN

Okay! So despite the change of Sylva, Marlyn is seeking someone to step up and help form a small security force. I shy from the words army and diplomat because that was the basis of the old kingdoms and Sylva is a more family-based comfortable living away from drama and fighting and all that jazz BUT we must have some ponies who would like to volunteer to be there JUST IN CASE anything violent should break out..also Marlyn wants a bodyguard Smile

More than likely, for the sake of better terms, "diplomats" will also listen to the head (high?) guard and just be a section of the security force. I'm looking to stay away from the traditional caste system BUT tell me what you guys think! I want to hear your ideas! 

...plus I need to make us a board and need to now what I need on it first whether it is traditional caste systems or just a lump of pones with minimal ranks. If there should be a big toss up of ideas, I'll put up a poll but lets start here before I get too ahead of myself.
    She immediately answered the call and spoke. "I could. I'd be honored." She nominated herself quickly, boldly; so much like her mother. Her ears flickered, as only her mother had followed. Her children - at least, Praelia had followed closer - were nearby and playing exuberantly with each other. "I would be honored to be on the guard." She adds, hoping that Marlyn having known her since being a newborn foal would bring favor to her. She was honest, and it rang strongly in her words, in her intentions.

(Okay I'm done editing my post Tongue
    Also I am thinking more sorta caste-ish.. Since 'diplomats' (Peacekeepers?) would be different somewhat from 'warriors/guardians/the royal guard' (Protectors?) and they'd have some separate stuffs? I dunno.. But maybe like Sunfall would choose a second-in-command for the protectors to be like the vice pres? And Marlyn would choose the pres and vice for peacekeepers? HALP)
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    Another meeting? Feels like the last one was just moments ago, but I guess I was barely pregnant when it happened and now I’m about the size of a bloated whale. So. Fair enough. I fall in with the rest, showing up to listen to our...what, ruler, leader? Leader. Let’s go with leader, as she fills us in on the purpose of the meeting. And I tilt my head, considering. Obviously I’m not much use for security purposes at the moment. But our little family should contribute something to our home, huh?

I take a step forward, addressing Marlyn. “I’m not much of a fighter. I mean, I can hold my own in a scuffle alright most of the time, though not really so great at the present moment, what with being like a year and a half pregnant here.” Well, fine, exaggeration, and. my light could lend a hand if need be. Still. “I can help out if you need. I’d probably be better suited to that than any kind of interkingdom interaction or whatever. I’m not much of a diplomat. But I don’t mind bringing in new members. Or, well, attempting to.” When the possible recruits aren’t pricks anyhow. And when they can deal with the fact that I kind of am. Ah well.

Worked okay so far.

I mean, I brought Kade and his not-his-lady in, and I dragged Zin when I ran into her too. Poor old girl, kinda creaky in the joints by now, and her pretty blue eyes always so sad. She’s even bigger than I am, too, all bulgy baby belly and swaybacked, a lot less muscle than the last time I saw her. Which, to be fair, was years ago. Time has weighed heavily on her poor, bony shoulders. But she loves it here too. Hasn’t said a word, but she never did, not last time either. Not even enough to tell me or...anybody who was with me her name. Though Nocturnal told us she was Hallows’s birth mom. I started calling her Zinnia, after the bright orange flowers her coat reminded me of. And she seemed to like it well enough, especially when I started shortening it to Zin.

Anyhow.

She didn’t tag along to the meeting. She’s quiet, super shy, actually kind of terrified of people. Especially men. Guessing she didn’t wind up in her current state willingly, and to be honest I’m surprised she’s even been able to carry a kid with as rough as she looks. But I’ve seen light in her eyes, saw it after a while last time, and I’ve just started to see it again this time.

So. I’m glad I bumped into her and dragged her home. And I’ll drag more people home if they feel like they’ll fit. I might not be great at politics or whatever, but I want this to be a good home for my kid, and for any little friends it might find along the way.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

((I hard vote not traditional caste systems. That was one of the things that drew me to Sylva, that it was going to be different, you know? Security force is important for obvious reasons, and clearly people need to be willing to fill the roles the war and diplomat castes cover, but I like the idea of it not taking the same shape as traditional kingdoms have. Minimal ranks seems ideal to me.))
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

He’s exploring another corner of Sylva’s thick forest when the call rings out through the trunks. A female voice, one he does not recognize … though it does not seem unfamiliar with the authority it carries. He knows little of the leader of Sylva beyond the name, Marlyn, (Arrya had shared it with him) and his curiosity is peaked, much to his surprise. It has been a long, long, long since he was last remotely interested in kingdom affairs (though, he supposes, Sylva is not a traditional kingdom, and perhaps that is part of it).

He moves to join the called meeting, and finds the small gathering in a matter of minutes. He is pleased to see that Arrya has already beaten him there, and slips in beside her, nuzzling gently at her swollen side. The familiar blush of pride spreads through him at the thought - in there, their child grows.

He turns to look at the speckled mare who raises her voice to speak, asking if there are any that would be willing to create a security force for their home. An excellent goal to be sure. But Rhory remains silent, letting the greying mare he does not know step up to volunteer. He would give his life to protect Arrya and their child, to be sure, but he is no fighter. His years of ineffectually trying to fight back against his mother and sister are proof enough of that. Perhaps there are other ways he can contribute.

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.

I also vote non-traditional caste systems. Smile