• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Time To Come Clean (Jedi)
    Winter had once again blanketed the land, the heavy white powder freezing Raxa's legs as the mare wandered through it. It was a tough season to get by in, with the food now limited as much of it lay beneath the snow, but that wouldn't stop the mare. Her filly was old enough to eat real grass now, and she also needed to know how to survive during the cold months. How to pick the best shelter in case of a storm, how to find the minimal food under the snow, and other skills Raxa had taught herself at a young age after her herd exiled her.

Though the sun did good in helping to warm her snow-drenched coat, Raxa still found herself lightly shivering in winter's chilling breezes. Thanks to the winter coat she'd grown in though, the mare was well-equipped to the environment and whatever it threw at her. Zhenga too had started growing a winter coat, the fur just enough protection to keep the filly from getting sick in the frigid temperatures.

The brindled mare couldn't help but stare at her daughter, who was hard at work scraping at the snow to see if any food lay underneath. A skill Raxa had taught her, being put to good use. Despite her gangly limbs and the fact that her neck was still a little short when it came to reaching the ground, Zhenga was persistent in showing her dam she'd been paying attention and could survive. So resilient, such a fighter, like her dam...

And... her sire...

Raxa's thoughts turned dark as she thought of the painted stallion. It was quite easy for the brindle to hold grudges, but against Jedi, she chose not to. Not because of what he'd done, but simply because he had been a friend, a close friend... and now, Raxa wasn't sure if she would tell him anything anymore, much less speak with him.

Why hadn't he just come clean? Sure, she would've been upset with him for siring two other foals with another mare, much less one of Raxa's friends, but she wouldn't have been angry. If there was anything to be angry at, it was the fact that he didn't seem keen on coming clean to her even after Zhenga inadvertently revealed the secret between the three adults.

Zhenga was not to blame... Jedi was. But despite this, Raxa would not hold a grudge, not unless he did something else monumentally stupid.

Hearing her filly call out, Raxa lifted her head, seeing Zhenga pointing to the snow with her hoof. Hurrying over, Raxa commended her daughter for finding a small supply of roots and barely-hanging-on grass blades, enough that it would keep the filly quiet until they found more. Raxa would take just a few bites, and then leave the rest for Zhenga, knowing the growing filly would need it so she could continue to get healthier and stronger.

@[Jedi] Finally got this thing up. Man the plot bunnies were killing me.

It has been a while since Marlyn was announced the new leader of Sylva, he thought long and hard about it but he would be leaving the lands. Of course he wanted Sunfall and Raxa to follow so that he could be around his children. He didn't fear Sunfall coming with him since they had another foal on the way, but Raxa...she was another story. He didn't know what to think, surely she was mad, surely she wouldn't want to leave the only home she has known, for his own selfish reasons.

His mission was to seek out Raxa and Zhenga, the filly he had minimal interactions with. He had been searching for a whilen ow but finally he was able to find the two. They were enjoying a snack of grass, small in size, it seemed like this winter would never end. He slowly approached the two extending his neck to nuzzle Zhenga hello he said joyously before lifting his head to turn to Raxa I am leaving Sylva, I did not agree to follow a foal, I agreed to follow Kreios or Ygritte. There are plenty of lands out there, plenty of lands with strong more mature leaders. he was bold and straight to the point I hope that you would come with me, but I know I cannot make you, I just ask if you do not come...you let me have Zhenga  He ensured there was space between the two in case she lashed out. He was stepping on her toes, but he did not want to lose his foals, he wouldn't keep Zhenga from her mother though. If the filly preferred to stay here with Raxa than he would leave, but he would surely be back to visit Zhenga whenever he could.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Raxa]
    Well, this was a surprise. And here she thought that he wouldn't want to seek her out either out or cowardice or devotion to the other mare. But here he was, wanting to speak with her by the looks of it. Raxa watched wordlessly as the stallion walked up and nuzzled their daughter before turning to look at the brindled paint mare.

In blunt, Jedi explained that he was leaving Sylva, having not agreed to follow a young horse like Marlyn. He wanted Raxa to come along with him, and asked if she didn't, that Zhenga be allowed to go in her place. For a moment, Raxa was struck by this. Did the stallion really expect her to hand him the yearling daughter that Jedi had almost no interactions with? Really, how much audacity did he have?

"If I wanted to follow you, I would've said so already," Raxa said. "I'll need to think. As for Zhenga, your audacity surprises me. I am not angry with you Jedi. I am upset that you didn't have enough in you to confess the truth. I had to find out through Zhenga and Sunfall. You surprise me Jedi. I still consider you a friend, but you broke something I don't know if you can get back.

"If you want Zhenga to accompany you, that is up to you to ask her. She is a year old and can make her own choices," Raxa explained, pointedly staring at Jedi. While she would miss her daughter if Zhenga so decided to accompany her sire, she would not hold anything against the filly. She was old enough to decide what she wanted to do. Raxa had of course prepped her for some things, like how to defend herself from predators and aggressive stallions alike. Whatever Zhenga chose, Raxa would support her.

@[Jedi]