• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

well, well, well; OPEN TO ANYONE/ANYTIME (fun, quick posts, just jump in!)

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today. For here am I sitting in a tin can. Far above the world, Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

He's purple and he's glittery and he's utterly bored. the Nerine ladies have proved to be few and far in between so here he was...wandering around the forest like a pretty little plum. Two toned pools harbor a curious amusement as he hopes to find a face (well, a body as well) to hang out with...maybe actually get to know instead of poofing. White bedazzled wings tuck nearly against his spine as the purple prince saunters through the nearly naked forest on sparkling stocking legs.

There simply had to be other life in Beqanna despite the recent changes but Bowie is fairly certain that he is the only horse really not that upset over the Reckoning. Hell, he was enjoying all the fun and drama that ensued. It also helped that he was a 'trough-half-full' type of guy. With a little smile tangling across his lips, his fabulous purpleness sashays along the bleak gray of the forest like a motha' truckin' violently glamorous jungle kitty.

Bowie.

"Well aren't you an interesting looking fellow! Oh! I mean... umm pardon me for being so rude!" Pumpkin Spice stumbled over her words in her effort to be polite, but the equine before her was an extreme kind of unique. The flaxen chestnut pony tentatively stepped closer, well aware that after such an introduction this fellow may not want to meet her. "Hello, I'm Pumpkin Spice - or Spice for short." The small mare manged to say in a bashful tone.There, that's a more normal and less embarrassing way to make an acquaintance. She thought.

Winter followed quickly at the heels of Autumn here. The colourful foliage that she had enjoyed so much was already mostly gone. The trees looked jagged and dead now. But it was this fascinatingly hued equine that drew the mares eye. "Do you happen to have a name you'd like to share?"
    She's missed the party, so to speak. If someone were to tell her about a recent disaster, it would be news to her. You see, Anjou has been away for a long time. Six and a half of her seven years to be precise. Shipped off as soon as her mothers milk wasn't needed to sustain her existence. Anyhow, she's back now. That's all you really need to know for the purposes of her tale, her reasons for being here.

Anjou has stuck to the forest since returning. There's something the little blue roan mare finds reassuring about the anonymity of being underneath the trees, hidden from view. Not like anyone would know her or recognise her, she wasn't ever important enough to be missed.

On that note, she wanders across a little gathering, just in the nick of time to overhear a chestnut mare introduce herself to a rather oddly coloured stallion. They didn't make them like that where she's been. Nonetheless, mother taught her it's rude to stare.

“Yes, please do,” she interjects on the heels of her fellow female, eyeing the young male curiously. “I'm Anjou. I hope I'm not interrupting, but you could say I'm new here and I'd dearly love some companionship... I like solitute, but you can sometimes have too much of a good thing, or so they say,”

anjou

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today. For here am I sitting in a tin can. Far above the world, Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

Life would have been rather painful if Bowie had been shy and withdrawn but thankfully for him, yours truly puppets this son of a gun and Bowie can't be anything less than over the top! The pip of a voice catches the gaudy stallion's attention as he is walking along. Her voice is low and shy but brimming with emotions. Blue and brown eyes rotate to meet eh  pretty mare's face with a large warm smile.  She is a fetching sienna dashed with cinnamon but the curiousity and life swirling in the darkness of her eyes is more intriguing than any looks.

Bowie flexes his jowls to begin his little tune of introduction when another woman nears the pair with an equally kind interruption that just simply has Bowie dancing in his place. The sparkling wings flutter a bit as he attempts to tame the vibrations that moved him. Bowie had been longing for some conversation and he was feeling quite exalted right now to have such lovely mares for company. "Well, well, what a pleasure indeed." His voice rumbles rhythmically in it's normal sing-song fashion as his attention bounces between the two fair women. "Lovely to meet you Spice and Anjou, the pleasure is all mine." The tones purr from between his velvet lips as he gives a dip of his skull. "Please call me Bowie." His introduction is short and sweet as he looks between the pair with an easy smile gliding across his features as he is visibly relaxed with a cocked hind foot. "How lovely to have found such lovely creatures among the dead wood. I was afraid I was perhaps the only one left in Beqanna." Shoulders jostle as he chuckled gently with lobes flickering towards the women. "Where are you from Spice? Anjo?" The male asks both equally the same question.

Bowie.

Hey guys! Feel free to reply to one another without me if I'm taking too long! This thread isn't meant to have any real order, just quick and fun replies! I just need some activity in my life lol and so does Bowie! Also anyone else that is reading is welcome to jump in <3
    The appearance of the other mare made Spice feel less isolated, and Spice was happy to see that she wasn't so small compared to her fellow female. Anjou was her name, a pretty name - just as foreign as every other name Pumpkin Spice had heard in this new land.

The stallion in front of her drew her attention back to himself, his exuberant energy was contagious and amusing. Spice wondered if this stud - Bowie, was always so animated. "I haven't managed to find anywhere just yet, but it's not for lack of trying." The cinnamon coloured mare responded pleasantly. She found he sounded very confident, though she supposed one would have to be confident if one were such a vibrant colour. "I found this place to be somewhat empty as well, though I've heard whispers that something bad happened here recently. Though no one has been forth coming to me about it." It suddenly occurred to the mare that perhaps there was a reason no one mentioned. If she could have put her foot in her mouth she would have - she kept speaking before thinking about what she said! How could she be so stupid? She glanced furtively at her new acquaintances to determine if she had insulted either.
    "Um, do you live around here?" She tried to cover up her blunder and turn the conversation back to ward Bowie.

The forest is essentially her home, where she sleeps at night in the hollowed hole of an ancient tree. The meadow has been her playground, where she has met three friends she holds dear (or four, as she is determined to one day prove to Moonie she is a good friend, and not someone out to hurt her). The tiny girl, probably the smallest horse in Beqanna even when she reaches her full adult height, is on her way to visit the Taiga. The place where her good friend, Gyps, calls home. It's been a while since she has seen the ebony lady, decorated by sky and navy blues, and she misses her. And hey, she needs to travel. See more places. Meet more people (okay, horses, details).

Gyps said the Taiga was on the other side of the forest, and so she was heading that direction. She has a blissfully pleasant look on her small face, all fuzzy and baby-ish. The fuzz would shed away with the change of seasons, but the baby face would always remain. She is young, yes, but past childhood. Anyways, she is walking briskly, her silvery white tail draping over the snowy floor of the forest. As she wanders, her leaked blue eyes are scanning between the trees, so it doesn't take long for her to spot a small cluster of other horses close by. Especially the stallion. Wowww, he is something truly wonderful to set eyes on. A wide smile tugs the edges of her lips as she makes the quick and eager decision to head over and see if they want to be friends.

She comes up to them as the purple man is fluttering his absolutely STUNNING wings. They catch the light perfectly to where it is hard not to notice the way they are literally sparkling. And then he is talking all excited, introducing himself and speaking the names of the two other ladies standing before him. His voice is song-songy and greatly amuses Smidgen. The small girl waits a few moments to join the group, as the purple and glittery man has asked the other two questions and she didn't want to be rude and interrupt.

The chestnut with the lighter hair speaks next. Smidge struggles to wait, in case the blue roan lady wants to speak next, but as soon as she does, the tiny cloudy-colored girl pops out from the cover of the tree and makes herself known. "Hiya! I'm Smidgen! I loooove your colors, Bowie. I wish I had wings kinda like yours!" Her version would be something similar, but different and they would suit her just perfectly. She has no idea if she will ever get her wish, but the girl has dreams and believes that maybe one day, the amazing and wonderful fairies would deem her worthy of such a gift. Maybe. If she was very, very good. And still, maybe not even then, but don't tell her that.

Oh, she gave one of them a compliment, but not the others, and she thinks that might be kinda rude. So she pipes up again. "Spice is a cute name! And, and Anjou, I think you're very pretty too." She beams up at each of them as she addresses them. Gosh, she's just so excited to meet them, and hopes they don't mind her joining them. They all seem nice, each bearing a friendly face.

Smidgen!

Great Things come in Small Packages

OOC: Ugh.. I fail at the short thing, I'm sorry. The next ones should be shorter <3
    Spice heard the energetic response of  a child following her own blunder and turned to see a tiny gray thing come rushing from the undergrowth. It appeared to be a new born! But this isn't the time of year for foals to be born, even the latest ones would be older than this one appeared. Spice glanced quickly behind the small thing, expecting to see a mare following, but no one appeared. The flaxen femme thought this was odd, but said nothing and decided to observe for a while, deciding it would be best if she could try and not insult everyone she met.
    The filly quickly addressed everyone in the small group with an upbeat voice, which was somewhat more mature than Spice would have expected from one of her appearance - she was obviously older than she appeared. Maybe just as Bowie was such an outstanding colour this individual, Smidgen, did not appear her true age. Pumpkin Spice smiled at the compliment she was paid. Was it really that obvious that she had become embarrassed by her obviously out of place name?
    "Why hello there Smidgen." Spice responds, though she isn't sure what else to say, she does not want to make this filly feel uncomfortable as he has undoubtedly made Bowie and Anjou feel with her silly questions.
    "The weather has certainly gotten colder since I've been here, do winters set in swiftly here all the time?" Yes, she was falling back on stupid small talk about the weather. But she didn't know these individuals well enough to feel comfortable being more unique with her statements.

Oh Bowie is rather pleased indeed with the lovely gathering of pretty things. Before he is mistaken, the purple man is not one to insult or harm another but he does indeed love to be amongst the eye candy. Perhaps it is because he fancies himself? A smile is draping across his lips when Spice speaks up, shying a bit away afterwards and Bowie chuckles gently, the rumble vibrating his chest pleasantly. "My dear lovely Spice, I come from the coast of Nerine. And yes, yes, the land of mares. It IS quite lovely and the sea salt does wonders for my coat!" He delights pleasantly as he speaks of his home with great fondness.

From the corner with of his one blue eye, a tiny bit of floof is working it's way close to the group of equines and Bowie blatantly breaks his gaze from the flaxen mare to look at this lovely little thing. "Well hello tiny one." Bowie dips his skull to bring his level politely to Smidgen, extending the large skull in a most respectful manner before a flop of glittering mane falls over his eyes comically. "My, my, that won't do." He laughs openly before giving his head a small flick so he may see the tiny girl. Brows lift as he looks to Spice with a playful smirk tugging at his lips, listening to her question.

The stallion returns to his neutral position as he studies the mare as she shivers. A slight frown draws his mouth away from the playful glint of his expression. "Yes dear Spice, I am afraid the winters are always this cold." His concern then reflects to the tiny horse and once again to Spice. "I should like to invite you both to Nerine but I imagine a pleasant pair of ponies such as yourselves have homes but shall me make out way to the evergreens, hm? Perhaps block a little bit of this frosty frigid wind and snow?" He motions towards a clump of near by spruces before turning to head that way. "Little Smidge, would you like a ride?" His lovely purpleness offers to carry the girl between the glitter of his white wings but if she should reuse, he would not be upset but being the gentleman that he is (at least in his head) he should at least offer.

Bowie.

She gets rather excited when they greet her in kind, and she almost bounces with it when the purple stallion lowers his head to her and speaks on her own level. She can't stop the giggle that bubbles out when his glittery white hair falls over his face and he must toss it to see her again. This time, she does bounce. Right up to playfully lip at some of the sparkly forelock. Her excitement doubles when she comes in contact with him, and as he lifts his head back up, she goes to dancing between his front and back legs, right under his belly (with plenty of room to spare over her head. She then goes prancing round to come standing by the flaxen chestnut lady. They are speaking of the cold, and the girl finds herself reaching her velvet nose to softly nuzzle Spice's foreleg (probably around the knee, being the highest she can reach) and softly blows warm air there. "Winters here are quite cold. I'm just glad it isn't so snowy here in the forest. That stuff makes my toes all freezy!" Her very small hooves, covered by the littlest of feathering, are still pretty much buried under what snow had managed to trickle in through the barren branches over their heads. But at least it wasn't like the meadow, where it comes up to her shoulders and sometimes higher.

For what might be the first time, she actually considers her height in comparison to the others. Bowie had called her 'tiny one' and they do tower over her, even Spice who is pony-sized. She recalls each of her friends she had met thus far, especially Lior. For him, she had to look up and up forever to see his face, and each of his hooves might even be bigger than her little dished head. She isn't disproportionate in all of her twenty-six inches at the withers, but her legs are shorter than theirs and her neck isn't as long. Heck, everything of hers is shorter than theirs, her back, her nose, her tail. But she's just like them, she thinks, only smaller. These realizations had never bothered her before, and they don't now. She bets her heart is the same inside, afterall.

These thoughts don't linger long, especially as Bowie talks of his home. A coastline called Nerine, a land of mares. Not only females, clearly, as the glittery stallion claims homeage there. She tilts her head curiously at the place he speaks fondly of, but doesn't comment at the moment, not wanting to bring up the fact she sleeps here in the forest, in her hollowed out tree. She has learned that it isn't the most normal for a young girl to do such, and when she speaks of it, others can get all worried. She finds she doesn't want them to worry about her; gets uncomfortable with the questions that typically follow. But then he is inviting them over to stand in a closer copse of trees where it might block the chill some.

At the mention of the cold, she finds herself shivering a bit in another blast of wind that rushes between the trees. Her fluffy coat does well to keep her warm, mostly, and especially when she stays moving. But nights are usually the worst, when there is no sun overhead to shine its heat. Smidge beams up at the vibrant man as he offers her a ride. Giggling, she ducks her little head a bit bashfully. "It isn't very far, but thank you!" She moves to walk with him, but then has another idea, since he has so generously offered his back to her. "Maybe, just once, you could show me what it's like to fly, though? If that would be alright?" She doesn't hide the shy hopefulness that slides into her voice, but quickly backpedals in case he says no. And so that she keeps the others in their small group in mind. "Doesn't have to be now, of course, could be some other time. Or y'know, not at all." See, our tiny girl has a deep interest in wings, even going so far as to have this dream that one day the fairies will grant her wish of having her own. One day. Maybe. In this world, who knows?

Smidgen!

Great Things come in Small Packages

OOC: still failing at the short thing lol, sorry xD
    Pumpkin Spice knew of Nerine when Bowie mentioned it, Celeana lived there, and Spice had considered joining it - was still considering. The interactions between the purple stud and the teeny filly amuse Spice greatly and she doesn't try to hide the expression, the small child is such a delightful to be around. The flaxen mare wondered how the small one kept warm in such weather, and in the back of her mind she wondered where the mother of this little imp was.

"I was under the impression Nerine was strictly a sisterhood..." Pumpkin Spice remembered how adversely Celeana had reacted to the presence of Magnus and Kiano, but perhaps that was the competition of the field, and not completely the temperament of the mare. The presence of at least one stallion in Nerine explained the question she had had earlier of how the sisterhood maintained it's roster. "But you are certainly no ones sister." The fae finished as she watched Smidgen bounce around Bowie, and then skitter over and try and warm Spice up. She barely even felt the little puff of breath Smidgen offered. The mare began to move toward the aforementioned cluster of trees, pleased with the thought of being sheltered from the biting breeze that promised more snow soon.
    "Winter certainly isn't my favourite time, but it is a pretty time to explore if you're adventurous." Though the weather could kill you if you weren't careful. But that last bit wasn't worth saying in such pleasant company.

The interaction between Bowie and Smidgen again made Spice smile, especially as Smidgen stumbled over her words regarding flight. Pumpkin Spice had seen others flying, though always way in the  distance, she was herself rather curious of the process. The small mare did not like the idea of her hooves leaving solid ground though, she was meant to stay firmly planted on the turf.

OOC: It's okay, I quite enjoy reading bout Smidgen Smile