• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And this time I'm not leaving without you; all please
    So many new faces had heeded her call. So many willed a home of peace and solitude amongst the tall trees of the forest land. Marlyn can feel her heart almost burst with the pride she felt and the love for all of the trust that they had put into her. A dark stallion soon breaks through the flood of color as he nears with confidence and a direct eye. Marlyn meets this with her own, a warm smile tracing her lips.

"Kade, welcome to Beqanna. Remind me to speak with Arrya and give her my gratitude for inviting you to Sylva." The mare may be young but she is well versed."Sylva is as much of my home as it is yours. You are welcome to stay as long as you like. Here we are not thrown into caste systems. Sylva is a land of peace and solitude. If you should chose to be a diplomat or warrior, it is your choice to do so." The words are only a short explanation but they sum up the core idea of the land. Marlyn wants something more than a kingdom, something basic as castes. Free horses should be able to live and thrive without fear or the need to laborious tasks. If horses should choose to 'recruit' like Arrya then so be it but it was not a requirement.

The mare turns to look to the gathering of horses as she speaks to all. 'Thank you, Sylvians for your trust in me. Let us make this place as we feel. Let us be a beacon of hope for the despaired, let us serve as light to the lost and weary." Marlyn falls quiet as she looks over the crowd with pride to call Sylva and it's residents her home.
    MARLYN
    She nodded her head to this 'Kade' in respect for his obvious tone and muscle, and the fact that he did not seem comfortable talking. "Welcome, Call me Sunfall." She tells him quietly, ears flicking forward towards him.

She turned her attention back to Marlyn when started to address the group as a whole again. 'a beacon of hope for the despaired, let us serve as a light to the lost and weary' she spoke, and Sunfall started to doubt what would happen to Sylva under her reign.

She wondered whether the kingdom would weaken under such a disorganized rule, without castes, there would be limited training and communication opportunities. Limited training and communication means a small spy group from somewhere else could easily slip into Sylva. She started to flick her ears, and she did not know what to do. She wondered whether she would be better off to take her foals and go to a different land, go find some of her other family.

She turned around and started leaving, started to turn away. She wouldn't stay much longer, but she paused to call for Praelia and Kylo. "Praelia, Kylo! I want to ask you something." She calls out quietly enough not to disrupt, but loudly enough they would hear her and come to their mother.

When they came, she started. "I might be leaving for a while to go find some family of mine. Do either of you want to come with?" She asked them, and Praelia quickly nodded her head eagerly, hoping to find more of her siblings and cousins. "Me! I want to come." She confirmed verbally, and I smiled. I waited for her brother's - my son's - response to my question, ears forward and a nervous smile spreading my lips. My eyes showed my sadness at leaving, the fact that I might lose Jedi with my unannounced leave.

@[Jedi] This is an unexpected plot twist..

She matched his gaze evenly and he held it as she greeted him in turn. Grace and dignity draped about her invisibly like a fine lace, beauty garnered her fine features. Hearing the name "Kade" on her lips almost made him wish he'd given her his true name, so that the others could shudder at its underlying power, but they would be ignorant to such translations. He was just another face here.

She explained their political structure, though he felt it was more for the others' benefit than for him and allowed his attention to release her. The faces were watchful, some respectful, some confused. He felt no threat lie among them, but he would observe regardless. Habits die hard.

As she came to the ending of her introduction to him, his eyes snapped to her. His nostrils flared at that word, warrior, and his eyes lit with bridled wrath. Did she mock him? But she couldn't know. He doused the flame instantly, jerking his face away from her in secret shame and returning to the cool mask of indifference. The last thing he needed was to bring insult to the one in charge. Josie and her unborn child needed this place, and as they were under his protection it would seem he needed this place as well.

A gray one greeted him then, giving her name as stately and kindly as the woman in charge although he had not addressed her. As though he were a person. Both of them stood so regally and elegant, this one and their leader. Her fine ears tipped toward him and she welcomed him quietly as though he might need some sort of reassurances. He spared her a fleeting glance, but returned to his watch dismissively. Not a threat.

Not particularly loyal either, judging by the doubt on her face and the swift search for her offspring. So eager to be away.
    Not his problem.

Although raised as a prince in his homeland, his true duties and necessary actions put him in a position to be unworthy of these women, and so they were not on his radar save to keep them breathing if required of him. He was but a weapon well-forged, and besides which was no longer a prince of anything but death.

Their leader-mare ended her speech to the crowd, declaring the land a beacon of hope and more. He admired her ambitions for the place, she had honest intent and a kind heart, exuding grace and purity that unintentionally made instant demands of him. Without either of them realizing it, he had just signed himself up as her bodyguard.

Home sweet home.

With a last scan across the faces present and a whip of his tail, he turned and left.