• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Emotions are our own hell; Any
    Her days of laying miserably around in the adoption den are over. She had not purpose there, only when her small little group brought their heads together did she become interested. They spoke of false prophecies, a home for lost children, no parents or leadership, no rules to bide by. This land they spoke of was all but what they imagined. For everyone grows up eventually, whether your small or huge. Everyone has to take that step in life, no matter how big it is.

So here she was a blue tinged child wandering through a realm meant for those who have grown in search of a home. Quite an unusual sight if you ask me. She raises a few looks as many equine stare at her, they obviously attained that she was a bit too young to be foraging her own passage of life. So with a flutter of her navy tinged wings the girl gives herself a form of confidence, of reassurance that all will fall into place, unlike it had before. She had hope, and faith in the fairies as they would guide her path. She knew they would be there for her, they have ever since she was born.

Heda makes her way through the clusters of equine, pistons driving her forwards. Tendrils of long yellowed vegetation graze her hocks as she aimlessly wanders the large landscape. Trying to avoid as many awkward glances as possible, she knew she was a bit too young to step into the field but, it was better than moping about the adoption den. And sounded far more pleasing than sorrowful bleats being emitted through the night.

Folding her small wingspan Heda set up shop in a small corner of her own. Awaiting for a team equine to confront her. For this was her big step in life, growing up or so it seemed but, she would forever hold her love and appreciation for the fairies in her soul.
    HEDA
    Go right ahead, laugh at the girl who loved too easily
    HTML by Call

Heda needs a home! Probably not Nerine <3 I already have Celeana there...
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Ruan
    He held a quick, deliberate pace as he galloped, pushing the young filly at his side to her limits and laughing at their play. He enjoyed racing across the land with her, letting her stretch her legs and explore away from home. She was getting faster! It seemed to him that when they were alone she bloomed into her true self, careful but confident. Spirited, too.

Gradually, she would work through everything she's been through, with the confirmation that he was always there when she needed him. Then one day, she wouldn't need him anymore. He tried not to let that bother him; he was growing quite attached to her.

As the field grew more congested with bodies, he slowed and lifted his large wings off his side, just enough to umbrella her underneath if the numbers overwhelmed her. It was a process, and he would always wish to ease her into situations outside of her comfort zone. Either way she would enter them, but at her own pace.

"You are getting much faster," he commented with a chuckle. "You must be growing still. Could you stop that maybe? I think I'd like to keep you forever," he added with a playful nudge. He wasn't sure how he'd handle having to let her go when she grew up. She wasn't of his blood, but she may as well have been for how firmly lodged in his heart as she was.

Dull magic-less eyes caught movement. Another filly, standing tall in her own little niche in the world. Curious, he altered their course towards her. His deep blue gaze took in her surroundings, noting without comment the lack of an adult or older sibling, a chaperone of some kind. He approached carefully, aware of his larger size and bold manner and not wishing to unsettle her.

"Hello," he greeted, keeping it simple in case Jinju wanted to take over this one. It wasn't the first time she'd been here, so may be good practice for her. "I'm Ruan, of the Taiga. Might I have your name?" he asked, gentle but as though he spoke to an adult and not a child. In truth, he wasn't that versed in speaking with children, he'd only ever had his little Jinju thus far.

@[Jinju] i always take such liberties with your character lol sorry <3

Jinju
    Finally had summer warmed the lands again, longing the days and spreading joy and laugher. Birth and new life had already been given to them in spring. Spring had be wonderful, seeing her new homeland slowly start to bloom. It would never be the Jungle, but it made her feel more at home than the bare winter landscape. Summer, however, warmed her heart the most. Jinju had long ago shed the scarf aunt Reagan had given her, now fully able to keep herself warm. Over the time that had passed she had grown a lot too, in fact, her hindquarters were higher than her withers at the moment.

Jinju was close to rivalling aunt Reagan’s height now, but the black, white and purple spotted stallion that she referred to as uncle Ruan was still taller. His gallop was quick and steady, it pushed her till her very end, but with the passing of time she got taller and faster, until she would be able to rival him in these things. Today was not such day and by the time Ruan slowed down, the inky black girl was panting. Without thinking twice she accepted the offered shelter, her muzzle brushing across his shoulder as she nestled herself close against his side.

Soft giggles escape her lips, not able to not find uncle Ruan’s words silly. Jinju was sure that he knew perfectly fine that growing wasn’t something she could influence. ”Even when I’m all big and grown up, I won’t leave you and aunt Reagan” she answers in a singsong voice, but genuine either way. They had become like parents to her and the black girl cared for them in a similar way, so why would she leave them behind?

From her position underneath Ruan’s wing she approaches the girl, ruby eyes curiously studying the golden and blue girl. Blue wasn’t something she had seen before, but Jinju had to admit that it definitely was pretty too. Just as Lilitha’s red mane and golden eyes, uncle Ruan’s purple spots and aunt Reagan’s emerald green eyes. For a moment she watches Ruan greet the girl first, only to move away from his side and near the other filly once he’s done speaking. ”Hi, my name is Jinju” she greets the girl, smiling widely. Around those of her age Jinju felt much more comfortable. She still didn’t like the fact that all horses in the field could see her, now she had left uncle Ruan’s side, but she knew he would be watching out for her. And like this it was much more easier to communicate and play with her new friend.

OOC: Sorry for rubbish words.. Not feeling well, but since I started it I wanted to finish it..
    The minute she settled in her own little niche the girl began to have second thoughts. Maybe she should go back? Try to gather the gang back all together but, then she thought of the fairy that cared for her and the other children. She would just be one more unnecessary burden on the fairy's hands, plus she had no point in being there she didn't want a mother nor a father. She was abandoned for a reason and she wished to keep it that way, if her mother or father didn't want her than who else would? So it was decided she wasn't going to turn back now, she had journeyed this far and might as well see where it takes her.

Heda isn't frankly surprised when she's confronted by a purple speckled stallion and, an ebony filly with dark ruby eyes. She allows a subtle grin to pull at the corners of her lips. The man speaks his name and of here he comes from, Taiga, he also asks of her name. She is hesitant to answer at first allowing a deep exhale to be released from her navy tinged nostrils, "Hi there, I'm Heda." She pauses as the filly beside the stallion comes towards her. Heda strides back a few paces outstretching her blue wings in a tense manner. The red eyed girl introduces herself as Jinju, it's a rather peculiar and unique name and oddly enough she relaxes her wingspan folding her limbs back at her sides.

"It's nice to meet both of you, Ruan, Jinju." She allows her eyes to meet both of them. Her mind ponders over Taiga, she had never heard of the land. Nor had she heard of many, for most of the lands in Beqanna were new. So with that she raised her sweet whiskey vocals, "Tell me about your Taiga. Are the equine there selfish?" She was hesitant to ask of them but she knew that her only true home would able to live up tot he terms of the fairies. Her home would have to be a land lacking greed and selfishness, where little blood would be spilled on the grounds. Thats a place she would call home.

She knew her terms were complete ridicule in fact, they were almost impossible for a land to live up to. "I know my question is bit weird." She admitted allowing herself to chuckle through her seriousness. "But if you've been what I've been through you'd understand." She added, she had a life debt to the fairies if it wasn't for them she wouldn't be here now. Alive and well, and she would prefer to better home that abided to the terms of the fairies.
    HEDA
    HTML by Call

She's very grown up, and pretty much a really serious character and emotional. Plus she worships the fairies. Idk What character I made XD
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Ruan
    The younger child introduced herself a little cautiously. That was curious. Perhaps like Jinju she had already seen so much for such a little one. It stung his heart to think so, but he did not comment.

He resettled his wing at his side as Jinju stepped forward to greet the girl. She was getting far more comfortable, and it made him want to swell with pride. She would become a better diplomat than even he, pretty soon, which was just fine with him. He was friendly, but didn't really like the idea of trying to convince someone to follow him home. It was an odd way of doing things, in his mind.

Heda tensed and retreated from Jinju's approach, but wasn't flighty enough to bolt and seemed to resettle herself a moment later. Concern pinched his brows, but he kept his silence. And then she asked an unexpected question, intriguing. Were they selfish in Taiga? Well, he could only speak for himself, just as anyone else would have to answer it of their own. Besides which, there was probably a good deal of selfishness in anyone, wherever you went.

"I am very selfish," he responded with an honest smile. "I will always want to keep my family close, for example. This is of course to protect them if ever a need to arises, but also I selfishly enjoy their company. I don't ever want to lose them." He chuckled softly in amusement.

"That is selfishness, is it not?" he asked her curiously, wondering if perhaps she meant something else by the word.

If she were to avoid anyone with selfish tendencies, he couldn't imagine she'd meet many people. So she must mean something more by it. He wasn't one to make assumptions, put words in someone's mouth, so he would wait until she clarified on her own if she wished. She would have a very different thought for the word, shaped by her own experiences that only she could know.

It had hurt to hear her words, that they'd understand better if they'd been through what she had. He thought of how much Jinju had already been through, and hoped this little one had not been through much the same. It was clear she was troubled by her past, although short it may be, and allowed himself to wonder at the possibility of taking her home; if Jinju would want that, if Reagan would mind. If the girl had magic, Reagan was the very best teacher she'd ever find, that much he knew for certain. But he'd not press. Let things play out as they would naturally.

Jinju
    Their pasts had been somewhat alike, both abandoned by their parents, but they couldn’t be more different. Jinju had been a couple of weeks old when her dam had left her at the Den, her father had never been in the picture. Or biological father, since Ruan had now taken up that role. The black girl hadn’t understand why she had been left all alone, where her mother had gone, and in that panicked and upset state had Lexa found her. During the months she had spent in the Jungle she had blossomed, enjoyed her life, but when Lexa too had disappeared Jinju had been devastated.

From that point she had become anxious of being alone, and even more terrified to be left alone once again. Sure she was old enough to be aware of the fact that Lexa would never leave her on purpose, but who said that something like the change wouldn’t happen again? Maybe Reagan and Ruan would be torn out of her life too? Jinju was no longer that anxious about the matter, but the idea of losing her adoptive uncle and aunt too still pained her from time to time. They were home and she needed them. They were a family.

And that had been exactly the thing that Jinju wanted this pretty buckskin and navy blue girl too have too. To her it meant the world, it was only natural that she wanted to share that feeling. Not that it was Jinju’s place to take the girl into their family, but at least they could offer her a home, right? She had honestly thought that Heda – who looked similar to herself in age – wanted and needed the exact same thing, but when she speaks up again, it is like the dark blue girl speaks a totally different language.

The frown upon her young face says enough, but Jinju cannot stop herself from repeating the word. ”Selfish?” It sounds strange, unfamiliar on her tongue, and so she turns towards Ruan. ”Uncle Ruan, what does selfish mean” she asks, obviously confused. Not only because of the strange word, but also because of the mature attitude of the girl they had approached together.

Her ruby gaze gets pulled back to the other girl as speaks again. This is something Jinju could relate too and instinctively she offers a small smile. ”I’ve lost both my mothers. One I cannot really remember, but the second one took me in and offered me a home. I lost her when the world changed. It were uncle Ruan and aunt Reagan who offered me a home, or actually, aunt Reagan took me in and brought me to the Taiga, saying that we would live like a family there together.” If she had known what the word selfish meant, Jinju would’ve clearly spoken opposite of what uncle Ruan had said about himself, because in her eyes neither of her adoptive parents were selfish. After all, they took her in and cared for her as their own.
    She hadn't expected his answer to be honest. Her type of selfishness was associated with greed. Just as the equine of Beqanna had done to cause the reckoning. But Ruan speaks of his family, how he loves them, how he wants to keep them close, he wants their company. Something Heda couldn't relate to. Something that she had never felt, love.

Abandoned at birth, Heda never had it easy. Even as a newborn she knew why she was abandoned, why her mother didn't want her. Her mother was selfish. Her mother didn't want to share her ability, to share the emotions, to manipulate others through emotions. So her mother abandoned her to the arms of death. But fortunately that same place she was abandoned, was the adoption den. There a fairy tended to her, as she did to all of the misfortunate children. But that wasn't love, that was just the fairy's duty.

Perhaps she was looking for a sense of greed? Or perhaps a characteristic much worse? But how could she explain to them? She would sound ignorant preaching about the fairies. Although her past comrades managed to accommodate their words, explaining fully on their cause. But without them the girl had nothing to respond with except for this, "Yes, that is selfish..." She trails off momentarily. "Maybe selfish, isn't the word I'm looking for."

She finds Jinju to speak up, asking Ruan what selfish means. Heda doesn't feel the need to answer, for she didn't truly know herself. Then Jinju spoke of her past, connecting the dots of their comparisons as she went. Jinju had a mother, something Heda couldn't relate to, she wasn't too lucky in that department. But then she speaks of her loss how she lost her adoptive mother when the world turned upside down, and how she found Ruan and her aunt. Another item on the list that Heda couldn't relate to.

Shifting navy blue wings, the girl hesitantly added, "I.... I don't know what I'm looking for." She felt like she made a fool out of herself. Asking if Tephra's residents were selfish, honestly what was she thinking? With lost eyes she searches their faces,"I thought I did but, now I just don't know."

Now she's made a fool of herself. Her heart flutters in shear embarrassment, as her eyes begin to well with tears. She thought she was grown up, walking into this conversation, walking into the field. But her own childish heart was filled with an immediate sense of being lost, of always being lost. She couldn't hold anything together no matter how hard she tried, thats why her mother abandoned her, thats why no one wanted her. Her life is just a long huge series of unfortunate events.

HEDA
    HTML by Call

OCC: Agghhhhh, the feels. She's just so emotional it's so cute <3
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    Ruan
    He smiled at Jinju as she asked what the word meant. "It means you only act for your own benefit. Like keeping you and Reagan close because I don't want it any different," he said with a light tap at her cheek.

His gaze slid to Heda again as she spoke. She was unsure of herself now, uncertain of her understanding of the word. He frowned sympathetically. Seeing a little one so torn and confused tugged at him, but he felt like this was Jinju's time to shine. If the girl came home with them, it should be up to her and decided between the two girls.

He nudged Jinju's hip, pushing at her to take the lead again. Of course she was welcome in Taiga. With their family if she liked, or with another there if she preferred. There were always choices wherever you went, and Taiga was no different.

ooc: blah it's so so short but he feels like it's Jinju's call here Tongue

Jinju
    She cannot say that uncle Ruan’s explanation of ‘selfish’ makes it any easier for her to understand. Her ruby gaze holds the blue one as she listens, nodding slightly to herself. ”So being selfish is keeping your family close and caring for them?” she asks next, verifying if she had understood the purple spotted appaloosa. She pauses, but not long enough to allow him to answer her lengthy. ”Then I am selfish too.. I want to keep you and aunt Reagan close too.” Before the thought of losing either Ruan or Reagan – or worse; both – would’ve caused her next panic attack, but still Jinju couldn’t say that it didn’t scare her.

The pretty navy blue influence girl’s posture changes. For Jinju the change comes suddenly, abruptly. Heda had gone from quite mature to a state of being that could have easily been Jinju’s. Apparently they are more alike than they thought after all. But even though the inky black girl knows how it feels to be lost, alone and abandoned, scared even, she’s unsure of how to approach Heda. It is only due to Ruan’s nudge that she steps forward, although not without quickly glancing up at her uncle first.

Seeing how Heda’s eyes start to well up in tears, she cannot stop the slightly teary glance in her own eyes. Hesitantly and carefully she reaches out, her muzzle brushing the other’s girl cheek gently. She had seen her uncle and aunt do that plenty of times, and they had seem to like it, so she tried to comfort the other girl in a similar way. ”Home? Family?” she offers as a solution, an answer to the question where the navy girl was looking for. A small smile pulls on the corners of Jinju’s lips, not humouring, but genuine. ”The Taiga can be your home. There are plenty of others too, you won’t be alone there.. You can belong there, if you want, with us.” Or anybody else, if Heda would desire to. Both Romek and Maribel seemed nice enough to take in the girl if she desired.
    The waterworks continue and as much as she tries she can't seem to make it stop. The more she sheds tears the longer she feels time has passed, the longer her embarrassment remains. Her eyes begin to grow red, as she continues to sob unaware of how to end this meaningless crying, how to stop the constant flow of emotions that seem to be pouring out of her. She feels lost in an eternity of her own tears and sniffles until, she feels someone's muzzle run  across her cheek. Soon she realized it wasn't just someone it was Jinju, hazel eyes meet the inky girl's red gems. And for once in her life, she felt a sense of comfort of almost love.

Tears begin to halt, but still shed down in a less flood like manner as they did before. She can't seem to stop crying but she allows a smile to form on her lips when Jinju offers her a home, and a family. Without hesitation Heda responds, her voice cracked from her crying, "I.... Yes! Thank you!" Her wings shuffle at her sides trying to create a flapping motion, to create a little jump for joy. But she doesn't quite get it to work. Not really knowing how to use her wings just yet, the girl does a little jump barely getting off the ground of course this is due to the little wing strength she has.

This is the first time she'd felt this much joy, her little heart thunders in excitement. As her mind rests on one more little thing at hand, she just wanted to clarify if she was truly apart of their family. As her tears still shed, dampening her cheek just a bit less then before, "Raun, am I apart of your family?" She asks her her navy blue tail excitedly flicking side to side. 
    HEDA
    HTML by Call

OOC: Why must she be so cute.... I know it's crap but I'm just making sure Ruan is chill with having her in the family.
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・