• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone - i've got some damn bad intentions
    She does not feel inclined to climb the Mountain, so instead she circles it.

Djinni, as plain and grey as the day she was born, winds her way along the edges of Sylva. The trees are as bright as the wildflowers, and the grullo mares spends as much time looking up at the canopy as she does at the distant mountain. She does not know who has settled here; only that it is not the members of the Sisterhood. They remain sequestered at the Coast, bemoaning the loss of their humid Jungle.

She sees, now and again, flickers of movement. There are horses living here, but they've not yet approached. Perhaps she has not yet fully crossed into their land, or perhaps they don't feel the need to protect their borders. Djinni is not truly interested in investigating their home, but she is also not averse to having someone to talk to.

After a moment of silent contemplation, she raises her petite muzzle and whinnies. The sound is soft, undemanding. She only wants a bit of company as she walks.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    The call is met with the salmon and bay woman's attention. Ears are forward as she stands quiet for a moment to analyze the nature of the voice. It is soft and feminine but Ygritte knew that it could just be a clever trick. Limbs move to bring her over the familiar lands to find the source.

The mare, gray like spring rain clouds, and just as a mare as any other. She is of a more refined blood with tapered points and a lush set of locks. A small call is returned as Ygritte approached with a growing smile. She nods to greet the other mare before offering her own voice. "I'm Ygritte, welcome to Sylva." The tones are soft as she speaks without rush. Amber pools watch the other woman with interest. "What brings you to our doorstep?" The inquiry reflects the curiosity that swells in the depths of her eyes. Sylva was honestly large enough to slip through without much notice but the granite mare desired more than that and so Ygritte would do what she could to offer a solution to whatever the inquiry may be.
    The grey mare wandered, and she heard a new voice at the near edge. She moved towards it and saw that Ygritte was there. "Hello Ygritte, hello new one." She said happily, perking her ears. Who is this new mare? She is somewhat oddly colored.. She wonders, her head tilting slightly in response.

She notices a flash of red from the corner of her eye, and sees a fox. She ignores it, knowing it wouldn't be something to fear if it approached. The new one's form was sleek, like Sunfall's - maybe she, too, was an Arabian hybrid, Mandalocks wonders - but more dished in the face. She started, in her mind, silently, to contemplate and compare the different castes she knew before. She'd have prestige as a warrior, but she'd be able to slip around more easily and make use of a stronger network of equine for protection.. Disguises would not be easy for the magic-less mare, she knows, but she finds herself leaning towards the shadier, more secretive - though she would not admit she thinks it so - Diplomat side.. As a spy.
    The first horse to find her is as brightly colored as the trees overhead, and Djinni eyes her salmon points with clear pleasure. She likes the color and would take it herself, had not Beqanna stolen the ability from her. She does meet the other's gaze eventually, her soft eyes bright and innocent as she looks up at the taller mare.

"Hello Ygritte," she replies, "And thank you."

Sylva, she repeats to herself, that is what they have named the autumnal forest. Its a fitting name reminiscent of the ancient ones, and Djinni wonders if they even know,or if they have chosen the nomenclature based on its phonetics alone.

She looks up at the sound of more hooves, unsurprised to see that her summons had beckoned in more than one response. She nods her head politely to the newcomer, offering her own name: "Djinni," even though the young mare does not do the same.

Ygritte has asked what brings her to this place, and since Djinni has no reason to lie, she says: "I came to look at the Mountain from another angle. The view from the Coast gets a little dull after a while, and since I'll go back up eventually, I thought I'd see if there was an easier route."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    Djinni. Fancy, like Mandalock's own; she honestly didn't really like her name - she didn't quite live up to how it sounds a horse should - and wanted a simpler one. She misses her fiery locks, and she hates her bland, short, grey hair that currently replaces it. "Interesting name. I'm Mandalocks." She says quickly, her ears pivoting as she listens about. The fox is gone by now, and she calms again.. Her mind still silently debates over the castes' ways and how they would affect who she is while she pushes the current setting to the front of her mind with difficulty.