• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lead to the river [Magnus]
    The blood bay had not always been loyal to chamber for a a few years he was loyal to gates- to mast and his plight to protect his kingdom from raids for power and amusement. In that time he knew Magnus as a good man. A man of his word and a man that would give anything for those he cared about. Nymphetamine admired him, the loyalty the older stallions ad and the respect he earned by those who knew him.

The spy plan had not gone as planned, as hoped. Straia had gifted him a raven to sit invisible upon his back, and it forced him to alter his plans his actions to protect Gates and those he cared about.  But then when the war started the blood bay saw the destruction gates was causing that they we responsible for. Nymphetamine was not impressed with the blood that either side had shed, but when a Gates dweller attacked his family, a foal.... He knew Gates was no longer poster child of  the moral high ground. 

Nymphetamine had tried to meet with Mast and Magnus but each time it had not worked out, they hadn't come as planned. But then Killdare took over after the war, and he offered peace and a different way of life for Chamber. He gave Nymph a second chance, and Nymphetamine had seen Chamber flourish under his rule it had become a different place.  The blood bay though all this but then laughed to himself, like it mattered at all now that the mountain had come up from the flat lands and taken everything from everyone. 

The laughter fell away to the trees of the forest, as he realized it did still matter. The blood bay wanted Magnus to understand-- for what it was worth. So he called out for the buckskin stallion, and hoped that the fae would deliver his call to Magnus' ears. 

@[magnus]
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    — find what you love and let it kill you —

There were few things Magnus regret more than not being there for the war. Not that it had been an intentional act on his part, but it was impossible to explain. He himself still not understand; he could not wrap his mind around the place he had been yanked. The whispers who had told him that it was for his own good, who had chained him to a place of solitude and smoke. He had tried to fight it at first, pulling against the restraints with all of his might, but he hadn’t been able to break free.

He hadn’t been able to find his way back home.

So he had no way of knowing what had transpired, by what bloodshed had been cast on either side. He himself had never claimed any moral high ground though. He had plenty of his own burden to wear, and he had plenty of blood on his own hands. He had taken life before and been the first to reach for the gun. He had picked up the sword for so long that he began to like the way it had felt in his hands.

Still, he did his best to live honestly. He did his best to be honest, straightforward and direct. He did not take kindly to double-faced spies or traitors, and he had no way of knowing Nymphetamine for anything but. So when he heard the other stallion call for him, he did not immediately direct his path toward him. He contemplated, the shadows dappling the width of his broad back. Then, with a sigh, he picked up his gait and made his way toward the other, arcing around so that he could watch him as he approached.

“Nymphetamine,” he greeted, his whiskey voice curt.  He would at least hear him out.

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    The wait was awful, time seemed to move and a snail's pace. He didn't know if Magnus would come but he sure hoped he would. The forest was busier than he had ever seen it. The once secret meeting place, was full enough that he had ran into another ever few minutes where as before he was lucky to see any other beast in the woods. Many clearings held small groups huddled un hushed conversation. Nymhpetamine was unsure what would happen to Chamber, Gates, or any of the kingdoms now that everything had changed but he wanted to clear the air, since in many ways Beqanna had given anyone a clean slate, we wanted to clear the air. That started with Magnus, since Mast had not been seen since the war.

When the once-Gates dweller finally came, Nymphetamine felt nervous, like this conversation held too much weight. Of course it was self imposed but here he was just the same. Magnus' buckskin form was tense, ready to just leave if he felt Nymph was wasting his time, and his voice was brash against the shadows of the forest. Magnus had every right to distrust and dislike the blood bay, and the bay understood that. He hoped that if nothing else, his once recruiter could leave this conversation with some understanding about how the double cross came to be. With a long exhale Nymhpetamine began, "Magnus. I wanted to tell you what happened, I feel I owe you that much. I don't expect you to forgive me, or have warm feelings towards me...But I know I would want to know what happened if roles were reversed."

Nymphetamine paused before he explained how Straia and Killdare didn't believe him when he first arrived, how will dare had been ready to kill him, and how Straia had stopepd it after Nymphetamine had shown his gift of necromancy. How his ability to report back or get information from Mast or Magnus himself was extremely limited by a raven that Straia instructed to stay on his back. Of course Straia had made it invisible so that only Killdare, Nymph, and the Raven Queen knew it existed. The Chamber diplomat explained how he feared doing Gates more harm, his worries of what Straia would do to Keeva, and the fact that he had found an unexpected love in Kimber....their family. And then the war...how Rapscallion attacked his son, and how he had been left with no other option but to take his life, as Rapscallion had tried to kill Vaughan. Finally after everything, he explained to the buckskin stallion, how Killdare had envisioned a different Chamber-- one that was peaceful that didn't showboat or parade it's "power" around. One that worked to alter Valley and Gates to try and bring peace to Beqanna. It was that idea that solidified him to Chamber, to support Killdare's vision of peace. Something that he believed Mast hilself would have approved of.

The blood bay paused from time to time to allow Magnus to ask questions, and to gather any feedback from his conversational companion. He talked far too long, but it all had to be said. The story complete he would release Magnus if he so wished, he just hoped Magnus understood in some small way what had lead him to be a leader within Chamber. Nymphetamine had never meant to completely double cross Magnus. In the moment of war neither side was right, neither side had any claim to the moral high ground. Nymph acted as best he could to protect his family and in those actions he chose a side-- the side of his family, his barely year old twins. He didn't regret how everything happened in the end. Mast knew that sending Nymph in as a double agent was risky and may not work out, they were willing to risk it, with great risk could come great reward. It just didn't happen that time. Nymph's steel eyes looked to Magnus and wondered what he thought. Maybe Magnus would tell him, maybe not, but the weight had been lifted from his conscious. " I never meant to be two faced I acted as I felt necessary to not bring more harm to you, Mast, Gates and those I cared for.... I'm sorry if I betrayed you in doing so."
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    — find what you love and let it kill you —

He is silent as the other tells his story, gold-flecked eyes steely in thought.

Magnus knew better than most how sometimes your path twisted beneath you—how even the most well meaning of intentions could curve dangerously in your hand. He had been there before, watching things become warped with time no matter how hard he fought to keep them straight. And he certainly was not in any place to throw the first stone. He had left his kingdom when the crown was still on his head. He had fought in wars, in raids. He had battled and killed—and liked it. Liked the rush of blood on his hands.

So he exhales slowly when Nymphetamine finally finishes, not smiling but not casting the other away either. “That is quite the story,” he finally offered, whiskey-voice even as he met the other’s gaze. “I am sorry to hear that a stallion under the Gates’ banner behaved in such a manner.” He had not known Rapscallion during his time in the Gates so he could not vouch for the man’s intentions or loyalty, but he certainly wouldn’t condone his actions. War called for ugly behavior, but it didn’t make it right.

He finally shook his head. “Plans do not always go as planned,” he finally offered, after several moments of considering his words. Rolling his shoulders he lifted his gaze to look around them, at all of the crowds gathering and milling about, so many without a home to call their own. So many without a place to go to rest their head. “I am glad to know that you and your family are safe, Nymphetamine.” He looked the other in the eye, holding the gaze steady for several moments. “It’s more than many could ask for.”

Releasing his anger, Magnus relaxed slightly, not fully trusting the other but willing to give him a second chance. “Have they managed to make it through,” he motioned around them, “all of this unscathed?”

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]