• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Waking Up (Chosen Traits Within)

Newton was the first to wake, and it was terrifying. Newton felt the cool mountain against the entirety of his body. He shivered in fear and cold. He clenched his eyes shut after first opening them to see the world of chaos. Sahm was not near Newton. They had been tossed away from each other like forgotten dolls. The faeries had unknowingly separated the two lovers. Sahm feared greatly for Newton. He shot up from his fallen posture and began to scan the crowds. A flurry of emotions ran over him as he searched for his Newton amongst the screaming hoard. Sahm zig zagged through teams of horses. He looked with narrow eyes and mind for a bay roan stallion.

In the foreseeable distance Sahm spotted a sunken corpse, crying into stone. With great urgency Sahm raced to the body, bent down, and cradled its head. ”Baby..baby..it is okay…I have you now” Sahm cried into Newton’s ear. Sahm could feel the body wretch in tears. There was nothing Sahm could do for Newton but hold him, comfort him, love him. Newton remained in his debilitating fear for a long while. He didn’t like the noises. He didn’t like the pandemonium. It was terrifying.

Sahm had no intention of leaving Newton’s side. He would stay with him until he was ready to move. They had to find Offspring and the others from the Tundra. The tears that Newton wept were beginning to dampen Sahm’s face. He gently pressed his muzzle beneath Newton’s eye and then lipped at the upper rim of his ear. In time Sahm sang a lullaby to drown out the sound. He would be Newton’s strength.

Eventually Newton opened his eyes once more. This time he simply saw Sahm staring down at him. ”You ready, my love?” Sahm said with a smile. Newton nodded.

sahm and newton
    the magician and the ice shifter

OOC: This is a closed thread- please do not reply. They have both chosen for their trait to be immortality

It was time. Newton had been breathing heavy and feelings jolts of pain all night. Sahm was overly concerned and constantly dotting on Newton, fulfilling any need he might have. ”How are you feeling now?” Sahm constantly asked. Newton reassured him with gentle nibbles along his side. ”I am okay babe…” He huffed before feeling another pang of pain. Sahm jumped and pressed his muzzle on Newton’s side. ”We got a fighter.” He said with a smile. ”We sure do” Newton gleefully replied.

The birthing process was exhausting for Newton. His body hadn’t been built for such an action. Sahm had used magic to twist his innards, but the magic didn’t fully change the dynamic of his body. With time Newton felt the need to push. He did so with his own strength as well as with the strength of Sahm. The sabino stallion held near to Newton and reassured him with sweet kisses and whispers of encouragement. A final push came and out of Newton dropped a small, wet-headed kitten. Newton initially was relieved that the tension within his body had resolved, but as soon as he twisted his head to peak behind him he snapped his attention back to Sahm. ”Sahm!! What did you do??” Newton remarked.

Sahm had already danced his way over to the tiny kitten and nudged the small specimen curiously with his nose. ”Oh goodness, Newton.” He quietly exclaimed.
    ”Oh goodness? Sahm, what on earth?” Newton questioned him again. Sahm nuzzled the small kitten that was now stumbling to her feet. ”It’s a girl!” Sahm said with a half smile. ”Oh wonderful, but what is it?” Newton again said with irritation becoming more evident. ”Okay, okay…I thought our child would maybe need a special ability especially if she was a girl I wanted her to be able to join the Amazons with ease. So I thought I’d make her into a cat-shifter with my magic.”

”A cat-shifter? So…you accidentally turned our child into a cat?” Newton managed to say.

”Oh I am sure it isn’t permanent. Give me just a second.” Sahm nervously grinned before returning his attention back to the kitten that was now playfully tugging at Sahm’s forelock. ”Okay little girl lets turn you into your regular self.” Sahm lipped at the young kitten before he concentrated on her shifting powers and aided her with his magic to turn her into a beautiful bay filly. The kitten, now a foal, fell backwards and flashed her ice-made points to her dads. Newton sighed in relief before he properly spun around and nuzzled his young daughter in excitement. ”Oh she is gorgeous, Sahm!”

”I told you not to be worried…she’ll grow into a powerful cat-shifter, I am sure. And she looks so much like you.” Sahm said as he touched his nose to the parts of the filly that were made of ice. Sahm then pressed his body against Newton and laid a gentle kiss on his cheek. ”You did a wonderful job. She is perfect, utterly perfect” Sahm sang through muffled lips as he pressed his muzzle deeper into Newton.

”Hello, little Elora.” Newton said. He dipped his head and nudged the young filly onto her feet. She proceeded to hop around while she found her footing. ”We’re a family.” Newton looked up to Sahm and laid his head on his lovers shoulders in peace. ”We sure are.” Sahm replied as he watched Elora discover the land in her own innocent way.

Sahm, Newton, and Elora
    the magician, the ice shifter, and their perfect daughter

(I typed this pre-new layout, I didn't care to edit it so they just came to mountain, had baby and left.)