• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost in the deep end // Any
    His father could whistle and the sounds painted pictures for him to navigate by. While Tyr's hearing was rather better than that of the average horse, he still had never gotten the knack of the echolocation his side employed. He could guess and ponder at the shapes of things, could navigate freely if given enough time to familiarize with a location. But the truth in appearances was forever his mystery. 

Now as he felt rough bark at his back and heard rough voices at his front, the stallion wished desperately that he could see what was before him. To battle an unseen enemy was no simple task, and these bickering individuals held nothing but wrath for each other, it seemed. The second comer did not seem angry at him, per say, but at the first one who had challenged him. For the moment, Tyr found himself grateful for the distraction the two seemed to find in each other, no longer holding him directly in their minds. 

From the moment he'd been challenged, the blue-black sepals of his ears had lain flat against his skull. Only now did they begin to left away, still twisting anxiously to and fro. The threats he heard were violent things, promises of destruction of the worst kind. What sort of place was this he'd come to? And who was this beast of a horse who found himself above simple courtesy? For all that he had not been raised with the social graces of someone kingdom born, his parents had still managed to convey that others should be treated with respect, especially upon first meeting. 

This fellow's parents seemed to have neglected that lesson. He felt himself bristle as a name was mentioned, and by the fact she'd been brought up and by the kinder stallion's reaction, Tyr figured she was likely important to him. Now that just wasn't going to fly. He'd been keen on holding his tongue throughout all the nonsense being thrown back and forth, but to threaten the family of another just because he'd chosen to intervene seemed wrong in the worst of ways. 

He was poised to gather his own meager courage and say his own piece when yet another voice made itself known. Paired with a scent that brought to mind mountain air and sweet dewy grass, with something feral underneath. Well hell. "Felicitey, what are you doing here?" Sudden concern flooded his chest over what might happen to the girl if she riled the one called Wolfbane. "These gentlemen seem to be having words and I'll blame myself forever if you get tangled up in this. They haven't touched me." He tried to sound reassuring, knowning it might just be coming off as desperate. 

Felicitey had been an unexpected kindness to him once. He hoped he wasn't about to return the favor by getting her injured or killed over his own ineptitude. For now it seemed best to try and deescalate the situation as much as was in his power. With a humble bow of his head, the raggedy stallion kept his voice low and easy despite the nerves quaking beneath his skin. "Thank you both for your patience. Please give Lilli my best when you see her. I appreciate your letting me keep to shelter here in the meanwhile." He wanted to look small and unimportant, a target not worth wasting the energy on. It was the only way he knew how to survive. 

@[Wolfbane] @[Aten] @[Felicitey]

Messages In This Thread
    Lost in the deep end // Any - by Tyr - 11-10-2019, 03:15 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Wolfbane - 11-10-2019, 08:24 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Aten - 11-17-2019, 01:59 AM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Tyr - 11-17-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Wolfbane - 11-20-2019, 12:41 AM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Aten - 11-20-2019, 08:43 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Felicitey - 11-20-2019, 09:38 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Any - by Tyr - 11-21-2019, 04:31 PM