• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a touch of wicked | any

IT'S NOT POWER THAT MAKES YOU THE STRONGEST

There is a wide chasm of history between when she last walked the land of the living, and now. Some of the gaps are easy to fill – sometimes she was aware of life, if lacking the ability to affect it. Other gaps are a mystery. Nikkai was not there when Prague went to fight dragons. Her descendants had been, but Nikkai had been dead. Still, it had been one of those things she ‘tuned in’ to from afar – the danger to the Falls had been quite strong; one of her great-great grandchildren had died protecting another. When Nikkai had lost the Falls, even from death, Prague had lost her Jungle. She can feel the surge of feelings from Prague at the thought of some of whom might rise from the dead and she shares it, or at least some of it. More of the dread than any sense of enthusiasm.

Another stranger emerges from the dark trees, rushing forward to greet the black mare with obvious relief. She introduces herself, after a moment, and it occurs to Nikkai that she hadn’t responded to Naga’s introduction a few moments ago, either. Brown eyes flicker briefly to Prague, but her friend seems unconcerned by the black mare she knows or the paler one who comes to join them. Perhaps others would take longer to ascertain if decades and death apart have changed a person, but Nikkai was never one for head over heart, and her loyalty is unwavering. Relaxing slightly back into a more casual stance, she looks at the duo standing close. “Nikkai,” she murmurs it like an offering, even as the mare beside her becomes something else entirely.

She can’t help but smile a little as Prague-the-lioness brushes against her, and proceeds to climb up to a branch overhead. It would be easy to feel left out, in this gathering of mares who all have a predatory second form, but the grulla mare accepts it now philosophically as the cost of hanging out with Jungle women, even displaced ones. “I definitely know this means trouble,” she agrees dryly, “I wasn’t exactly clamoring to get back here either,” she pauses to add honestly, “At least not anymore. But since we’re here, I guess we can’t ignore it. I guess I’d rather be here to fight potential evils, than there to watch them happen.” She lifts her face upwards to the lioness in the tree; “Though I suppose we need more information.”

Nikkai

@[prague] @[Naga] @[Celeana]

Messages In This Thread
    a touch of wicked | any - by prague - 11-07-2019, 03:18 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Nikkai - 11-07-2019, 03:41 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by prague - 11-07-2019, 07:06 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Naga - 11-07-2019, 08:38 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Nikkai - 11-07-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Celeana - 11-08-2019, 03:13 AM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by prague - 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Nikkai - 11-13-2019, 10:36 PM