• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  that's all there is;
    The crackle of movement draws the attention of all three of them – Lepis draws away and turns, and Noah follows her gaze to the trees, tensing. Their attention brings the filly’s head around as well and she scampers back towards the two mares, tucking herself close to her mother’s dark wings and turns her own green eyes to watch the stag that becomes a horse, a stallion who comes up to them with no hesitation.

Noma might still be tense with interest, but her mother noticeably relaxes when the stag becomes a stallion mid-leap, Wolfbane calling her name as he trots in their direction. And she doesn’t notice anything wrong at first, because her own heart leaps joyfully at his coming, and there’s nothing strange in the way he brushes up against Lepis. But even from the angle she can see something…not quite right when he looks at his mate, and his words are stilted. Lepis’s reaction is slightly off, too, and that cements her unease.

She smiles at his little quip, but it falls between the three of them flatter than he intended it to. Her pink-tipped-red ears flicker uncertainly when Lepis makes her bold declaration, and she is torn between elation (having her friends closer to home!) and confusion (this doesn’t seem like something that would have caused the reactionary greeting she’d received). Still, her smile is soft and her eyes fond. “It would be lovely to have you back home,” she answers; because Loess is as much home as the Pampas; the Pampas is her herd but Loess is her Kingdom and Castile her King. “But I hope it’s not because anything is wrong here.” The trees towering above them are already growing on her, though she couldn’t see herself living her full-time.

Fidgeting at her side reminds her of her own news. The little mare lowers her head to run her lips briefly across her daughter’s golden mane and then she lifts bright eyes to her friends. “I came to introduce my daughter, Noma,” she murmurs. “I just wanted her to know…” she hesitates, shy, “my family.” She doesn’t really have anyone else – she has a cousin who is sometimes around in the Pampas, but with her father gone that’s it. She just has the few friends, however weird they might be acting.

@[Lepis] @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-05-2019, 09:41 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Lepis - 11-05-2019, 11:09 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-07-2019, 11:11 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 11-08-2019, 12:13 AM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Lepis - 11-08-2019, 05:22 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-16-2019, 09:31 PM