• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I don't feel anything until I smash it up

It starts not with a bang, but a tear.
    She feels a shift in her home—it’s brighter, somehow. After she died, hurtling herself off a cliff, she awoke in this place, reminiscent of the Deserts, only dimmer. Muted.
    She, too, felt dimmer; no Craft, no Sappho, no children. Only she and her desert—the sand dunes and the oasis, the cacti and wildflowers. She used to hesitate to call it her home, this faux desert, but the hundreds of years of solitude eventually wore her down.
    But now her home begins to brighten around her, until it’s blinding, until—

When the light fades, the black mare does not recognize where she is. Snow falls around her, but her coat is thin, unprepared. The trees surround her and perhaps a lifetime ago, after her years in the desert, they would have suffocated her, but instead all she feels is her own heartbeat. A foreign feeling.
    She takes a step deeper into the forest.
    It’s Beqanna, she assumes, though she has never been anywhere that looks quite like this. A herdland, perhaps. She continues on, looking for a way out or some hint of recognition to cling to, until—
    she sees a body in the distance.

anatomy

Messages In This Thread
    I don't feel anything until I smash it up - by anatomy - 11-04-2019, 06:29 PM