• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking
    to the lonely sea and sky

"I am thankful you agreed to join me today," Oceane muses quietly to Isobell as they near the shoreline of Island Resort. The opaline pegasi floats in the warm thermals above the water, casting a shadow on the gently undulating sea beneath her. Her amber eyes alternate between the nearing islet and the horse-turned-kelpie who swims masterfully through the surf below, as if she had been borne of the sea and not with the four legs she had stood upon the first time she'd met Oceane.

Watching Isobell shift into her kelpie form, her lanky two-toned legs giving way to the majestic fin she now possesses, had been a surprising gift for the pegasi. A variety of hippocampi lived (or, perhaps, still live) in Oceane's homeland, but she had never seen a shifter in Nau-Aib. The concept of existing with such duality delights and captivates the scholarly woman, and she makes a silent note to ask Isobell more about it once they have had more of a chance to bond.

As the deeper sea moves to the shallows and the sand-dusted shores of the Resort greet them, Oceane rides the gentle winter breeze - warmer, still, than she would have expected - closer and closer to the ground until her opaline hooves thud, rhythmic and powerful, against the earth. Her wings remain extended, splashing flecks of rainbow light on her surroundings, until her momentum from landing settles into a more controlled speed.

Oceane kicks up grains of sand as she circles back around to the shore and watches Isobell as she rises from the crystal waters.

"I met Blue the day I arrived in Beqanna," Oceane explains to her new companion, "He opted to follow Ruinam to the Resort and I, as you know, went to Loess. But he seemed uncertain about why he was in Beqanna, so..." she pauses, contemplating why she had felt the need to travel for hours to the northwest of Loess to visit someone she'd only ever spoken to once. "I just want to make sure he is settling in comfortably."

She turns her gilded eyes away from Isobell once she has shifted into her equine form and begins to survey the tropical island that has sprawled out before them. "Where should we start?"

@[Gale] @[Isobell] & any | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking - by Oceane - 11-03-2019, 10:51 PM