• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana
    lepis, comtesse of taiga
    RUN AND TELL ALL OF THE ANGELS; THIS COULD TAKE ALL NIGHT
    i think i need a devil to help me get things right

The morning after her journey to Ischia, the dun mare wakes late. Sunlight is already streaming into the hollow tree where she rests, and the divots in the pine needles where her children sleep are empty. Yawning, she stretches out her golden wings, followed by a roll of her neck and a toss of her head to wake herself. Lepis steps out into the sunlight, narrowing her blue-grey eyes against the brightness of the morning. Celina and Elio are bound to be off playing, she knows; her daughter regaling her younger brother with fantastic tales of her day spent on the tropical island.

Thinking of the trip brings to mind her other companion on the trip – @[Lilliana]. The chestnut mare had done well on her first diplomatic adventure, and Lepis means to tell her that, as well as to ask Lilli’s impression of the two mares they had met and their home. The Comtesse knows from experience that their conversation with Eva and Aquaria had been a strikingly positive one, with polite greetings all about and a mutually beneficial decision to end the meeting. Strife had seemed unlikely on that quiet island, but Lepis like to hear an assessment from another set of eyes and ears before making a decision. For the most part, she has forgone that these past months, making trips and decisions entirely alone, reckless as that might be.

Not today though. Today she has someone to talk with, and as she makes her way toward the clearing where most of the Taiga passes through at least a few times a day, she keeps an eye out for the other mare, calling once or twice.

The pegasus reaches the meadow, having heard Elio’s shouts of pursuit and taken a swallow of water from a snowmelt stream. Recent snowmelt, too. Snow has already begun falling on Hyaline, even though fall has barely begun. A good portent of coming winter, she thinks, as is the thicker golden coat that she has been growing. On this bright day it is a little warm, but she finds a spot where the wind is just able to reach over the canopy and stir the long navy tresses of her mane. It is her one vanity, and is perhaps the most striking attribute of the dun mare. Short, sturdy, and indelicate, the Comtesse of Taiga is handsome rather than beautiful, and her cobwebbed brow often settles unconsciously into a frown when she is not paying attention. It does so now, though it lightens as she smiles at Lilliana’s arrival.

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM