• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [PQ - in progress] As within, so without
    I was bored, and that seldom led to anything good. Today, my disconsolate nature led me away, up and up and away. My first real venture outside of Loess since Mary had met me at the gate and allowed me inside. 

Now I stepped across the river, kept my feet on the muddy bank as the surface rose over my head. A few breaths filtered through the slits at my throat before the ground rose up once more to lift my gold crowned head above the current. A few steps more and I rose on the other side, dripping wet and gleaming in the summer sun. 

My wings are heavy and sodden by my sides now, useless until the summer heat dries them out. That's the rub, isn't it. I'm half air, half water and not enough of either to feel right anywhere. My idiot of a mother, pure sky creature that she is, should have know better than to lie with a sea stallion at my conception. Or perhaps it was simple spite that lead her to it. I couldn't guess against who, there are too many candidates. But I know I feel it in my bones whenever I try to use the gifts nature saw fit to land me with. 

At least my scales no longer itch with dryness as I make my way up the mountain, though the moisture coating them will evaporate soon enough. Sooner. By the time I reach the stony plateau where it seems these things are done, the little bony plates scrape against each other with a subtle rasping. My every step has its own whispered echo. But I am here, and the wind doesn't phase me as it snaps through the stiff fins I am decorated with. 

I am a gaudy thing. Too much color, too many fins and feathers and nonsense coming from every side. Too much. I've always been too much. Might as well make the best of it. "Faeries! Creatures of magic and air, I come before you!" I call out, not loudly. They know I'm here, no doubt. No reason to shout. I shake off a chill before continuing, wings still not dry enough to keep me warm. 

"I wish to be as toxic as I appear. You gave me a body that cannot be hidden or disguised, so let me use it as a warning to those who would do me harm. I am not a kind soul. I admit my requestis selfish. But I figure there's no point in pretending to you that I'm anything I'm not, so do with me what you will." I shrugged, cocking a heel in a relaxed pose while I waited for some kind of answer. Or not.

-----------------------------------------------

Rebelle is petitioning for something venemous. Poison Spines, Venemous Bite, Poison Secretion, something along those lines to go with her toxic personality. Thank you, faeries!

Messages In This Thread
    As within, so without - by Rebelle - 10-10-2019, 05:56 PM
    RE: As within, so without - by Ice Fairy - 10-10-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: As within, so without - by Rebelle - 11-05-2019, 10:13 PM
    RE: As within, so without - by Ice Fairy - 11-06-2019, 02:03 PM