• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

The blue mare’s ears flickers at the sound of certainty in each syllable. Her silver-blue eyes drift towards the blue and black ombre mare. A curious expression slowly appears on the finer features of her blue face. Dracarys considers the unfamiliar mare for a moment as she tries to connect the dots together. The statement from the blue and black mare stumbles her, but she quickly catches the curious dragon eyes that look back at her.

“You are as well,” she says without a second thought. Perhaps all dragons were able to sense one another. It was something to consider—something about dragons she was only beginning to truly understand. Dracarys had simply thought she knew about all dragons in every single way. However, it seemed there was much more than just knowing.

Dracarys has come to understand that not every single dragon was the same. Parts of a dragon lives differently in each of them. Her mother might have the mimicry of a dragon and she born with a fire aura to protect her, but it was not the same as being a full dragon. There was something deeper within her that ached to become whole. Did all of those that had a piece of them feel this way?

An expression of fascination swiftly appears on the other dragon mare’s features. Dracarys wonders what sort of fascination she could have with her, but her thought is answered within a heartbeat. A soft smile gently grows across her blue-white splashed lips. Her eyes briefly turn towards the direction of the mountain. The memory comes quickly to her mind. Her emotions stir without hesitation as she recalls the sensation of everything changing.

“It is perhaps the most magical place in the world,” Her voice is soft as her thoughts are stuck in the memory of her transformation. “It appears as if anything normal, but there is something so different when you are up there and the howling of the wind is all around you.” Dracarys had only been a naïve child when she went up there seeking what she had wanted. Yet, she had come down from the mountain as something that felt entirely new from what she had sought before. “It changes you in ways you perhaps never thought possible.” She falls silent for a moment.

Returning her silver-blue gaze back to the unnamed dragon mare, her smile lifts a smudge more at her words. “I am Dracarys.” Her voice is confident as she introduces herself as @[Cyprin]. Dracarys had never heard of the name before, but there are many others that she is related to her that she barely knows. After all, it was only recently she had been told she was the granddaughter of Castile.

Cyprin’s question is perhaps one she will get asked a lot. Her face is a stranger among those that have called Loess their home for many years or their entire life. Dracarys only knows the autumn kingdom of Sylva by memory. The land of Loess is but a faint memory. She does not know every corner of the kingdom like she knows the autumn woods that border east of her current home now. Part of her longs to return to the woods, but something deep within her anchors her to stay here instead.

“Not long,” she says without a hint of her first distaste for coming to Loess when her father sent her to come here. “Maybe a year or more now.” Dracarys falls short with giving any more information to Cyprin. Part of her decides it was not best to give her entire life story away so easily. Then again, her hellhound father had always told her to keep such personal information hidden. It was for the good of all things—perhaps at least.

Her silver eyes glisten at the comment about her draconic wings. “Thank you. They are a bit of a hassle to get used to, but I think I have gotten the hang of it now.” She laughs softly as the memory of trying to fly the first time comes back to her.

“What about you? How long have you lived in Loess, Cyprin?” She asks with a tilt of her head.

[Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Cyprin - 10-10-2019, 09:05 AM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 10-11-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Cyprin - 11-05-2019, 03:57 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; any - by Dracarys - 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM