• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

catch my troubled head when you're away, adna
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    While Prayer was born sweet and gentle, her brother was born with sharp teeth and a hunger like his mother’s. Still, he doesn’t cradle the serpent’s curse in his heart and instead simply resembles his father. She’s proud of him, she has decided, and she’s eager to tell her sister the news of her youngest child. Perhaps Sabbath could even convince her to come see them along with their younger siblings. Mother and Father continue to grow their family and the serpent girl finds herself in awe of them all, so different from the eldest two girls and yet so similar.

She thinks of all their green eyes smiling back at one another and picks up her speed as she crosses the border into Taiga. Her fangs do not detract from the smile that eases over her usually sharp face. Instead, her expression remains defiantly sunny as she kicks up snow with each stride across the pristine morning snow.

That is, until she spots Adna just up ahead. Her own child is covered in the scales the girls share but the features of her face are too similar not to recognize. It is the face of her own daughter, Prayer, staring back at her. Her breath catches in her throat while fire erupts just beneath her skin. Before, she thought she knew the anger that their father battled with, but now it consumes her and lavishes her body the way it had done to him. There is some awful voice mumbling into her heart, “destroy. rend. slaughter.”

She grits her teeth to keep from charging forward and instead remains still, a furious shade of red against the perfect snow. It wasn’t enough to be the first, the best at everything. Father had placed Adna on a pedestal and tried to show her the world while he frequently forgot Sabbath’s name or mere existence, it seemed. She gave them the first grandchildren and no one even looked for Sabbath when Eight took her. Tears swell along her lashes and spill down her cheeks, burning hot over her scales.

Is this why you wouldn’t come home to us? You were too busy taking everything for yourself?” she says, her voice quaking around every word. “Did you even tell him my daughter exists or do neither of you care about her?

She steps back, shakes her head.

Don’t answer. It doesn’t matter. Prayer and Dacre have the rest of our - my family to love them.

Sabbath bites the edge of her tongue until she tastes the copper of her own blood to keep from speaking any further. The viper takes another step back and watches her sister as a droplet of venom drips from her fang.
    @[adna]

Messages In This Thread
    catch my troubled head when you're away, adna - by Sabbath - 09-09-2019, 11:32 PM