• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  blackbird on my shoulder

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Bitterness is a handsome look for Litotes. It sharpens his features to a chiseled stone, glitters coldly in his eyes, turns his ears permanently backward. He looks brooding, but not in the way of the somber boy that almost drowned in the lake so many years ago. There is a seriousness set behind his eyes, not one that screams he does not know how to laugh, but one that screams he cannot.

He used to know how to laugh. He used to laugh at what little joy he could find.

Diplomacy is the King’s only distraction. There are the occasional outings with his children, but even those moments feel as dull and as gray as an overcast sky. Kelynen reminds him of Kensa’s overabundant love and how she still could not extend it to their son. Brunhilde offers him uncharacteristic gentility and smothering favors. Draco and Dove . . . look exactly like their mother. A mother Litotes has avoided since his once wife laid her claim upon Starsin like a dog marking its territory: others can be welcome, but the constellation woman is the Primarch’s.

A laugh should leave his mouth now - a cold one. It does not. His eyes remain lifeless.

Nerine is the polar opposite of Pangea; so Litotes finds that its impending autumn chill and blackened rocks are enough to bring some spark to his eyes. He lifts his head as the border arrives. Diplomacy it is, he thinks, wondering if he will ever be able to leave his head again. Hiding behind the responsibilities of his crown will not cradle him forever.

“Heartfire,” Litotes calls, finding that a stranger’s name tastes strange in his mouth. He scans the surrounding foliage, curious if the vision-taker will find the East of enough importance to make an appearance.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Heartfire] is this diplomatic or is lie going to cry....tune in

Messages In This Thread
    blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 10-08-2019, 09:51 AM