• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I could hit refresh and forget
    it's HELL on earth and the city's on FIRE

Most people have something to live for. Something to die for.

Camdyn didn’t.

Well, that wasn't entirely true. He did, after all, have his sister. Other than his twin, his only connection to any sort of love and understanding, he didn’t have a goal, he didn’t have a family he even cared about—an exception to his twin, the one person in the world he cherished and looked after. His single weakness. Only she could have his friendship, and it was only her that Cam trusted. He needed nothing to survive. Only his sister.

It is bliss, pure bliss, he can no longer hear any thoughts but his own. For so long he and his twin sister had been tied together ever since they had met that witch on the mountain side. Linked together and forced to hear every single thought that popped into the other’s mind, whether they wished it to be private or otherwise. Distance made no difference, but perhaps the worst was sharing each other’s dreams. His thoughts Camdyn could, for the most part, control, keeping them in the dark crevices of his mind, but he lost all forms of control when he slipped into a slumber. But for once, there was nothing, and Camdyn finds himself smiling for a single, fleeting moment, before continuing onwards, lost in the quiet of his mind.

Stumbling into the field is entirely by accident. Anger and restlessness run through Camdyn’s veins, it has been far too long since he has done something fruitful, something violent and passionate. For so long, on the inside, Camdyn had wished to run, to leave the kingdom behind, leave his father, his idiotic mother, and all their half siblings behind, even leave his twin sister behind, but he didnt, until now of course. But, then again, he took her with him. Perhaps the one single person who can coax anything from Camdyn, a smile, a laugh, he couldn't leave her to the wolves they call their parents. For so long he had been able to do nothing and to a certain extent he was like a lion—chained to the bars of his enclosure and there had been a piece that he was too in love with to escape from.

But now, there was freedom, or some semblance of it. So why is it he wanders, teeth gritted together, his head held low with his ears snaked back against his head pausing now and then to breath in deeply and strike his hooves into the icy ground. He is wild and beautiful, like a storm.

Red coat is a vibrant splash against the monotone landscape. It is like blood on snow. He didn't want to be here, he didn't want to be back home, but he didn't want to here either. Brown eyes search the landscape but it would seem his twin was elsewhere and Camdyn couldn't be bothered to look for her, she would find him when she needed or wanted him. They never seemed to be able to wander far from each other, even as children, they were often seen side by side. Camdyn poked fun a by his brothers for spending all his time with a girl, while his father tried to physically separate them, only for them to fall back with each other like magnets. No, they never seemed to be able to stay away from each other for long.

Dark eyes spot the falls up ahead, his feet crunch the snow that gives way to the weight beneath him. He is tired, he is bored, he is hungry, and none of these things present an easy and ready made solution, so now he grows irritated.

It would be right about now his mother would probably suggest that maybe he should take a nap.

C A M D y N

Messages In This Thread
    I could hit refresh and forget - by Camdyn - 07-11-2019, 11:24 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Cyprin - 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Ilma - 07-12-2019, 12:40 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Camdyn - 07-21-2019, 12:33 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Ilma - 08-20-2019, 01:35 PM