• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

red sun rises like an early warning; any

She finds herself, as she often does, at the river.
    It’s a touchstone, the river, a place of joy and misery alike. The memories are crushing in and of themselves, but it is a weight she has become used to bearing. This does not mean it is pleasant, it does not mean she doesn’t ache constantly. She does.
    (Oh, she does.)
    She handles it, if you can call it that. She swallows the water that drowns her ‘til she’s sick, and she’ll keep doing so. Survival runs thick in her blood, always has, some bone-deep instinct that has kept her going, kept her persisting through it all.

For it all, she stands strong, a vision in silver at the river’s edge. She is old, now, but it doesn’t show, the lightning smooths her skin, keeps her features young, a savage, feral beauty about her. The lightning does more than beautify, of course, it acts as a cage, crackling against her skin, keeping anyone at bay.
    (It’s been decades since Him, but she still allows so few to touch her.)
    She is strange, and perhaps terrible, this lightning-fed woman who looks at the river with a mix of reverence and woe. She is burdened, but she does her best not to look it, she stands straight, head high, because she has not lost, not yet.

c o r d i s
    I’ll touch you all and make damn sure
    that no one touches me

Messages In This Thread
    red sun rises like an early warning; any - by Cordis - 07-09-2019, 05:48 PM