• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. [any]
    Innocents

When had she stopped being innocent, young, and carefree? It was such a beautiful thing to not know the cruelty of the world. She had been that way once, but not for long. A tale of "Barry Bushes" she could tell, but it was not a happy one. It was a story of her innocence dissipating in a matter of seconds.

She had been fascinated by a "Barry Bush" once when she had not been much older than Popinjay. It had distracted her from her surroundings, skirting a thick woods. Her parents had been wrapped in a tender moment between themselves while she played. The playing did not last long, however, as a large beast (a beast she  cannot remember) emerged from the woods with intentions of ending not just her innocents but her life all together.  Her parents had seen and tried to save her. They had given their lives that day to protect hers.

She ran and ran until she couldn't run anymore, when she woke up she couldn't remember much of anything. A new scar decorated her muzzle and that berry bush ran circles in her mind, until another mother - not her mother but another mother none the less - found her and took her in.

That was the day her innocents had left her. But she would not tell Popinjay this story, not yet anyways.

She laughed softly and shook her head as she watched the young girl dig, eat, and drop to the ground. A tender smile curled on her lips as she proceeded to spit the chewed remains hitting anything in close proximity, including her own legs. Her enthusiastic response made Lethy's heart swell, she simply wanted to be there for the young girl left to her own devices like her "mother" had been for her.

Come on then, it's quite a journey. Tell me while we walk, what is your favorite thing to do? Lethy motioned Popinjay to follow beside her as she left the den, leaving the sullen home of deserted souls behind while taking one full of life and opportunities home with her.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Popinjay] I will try to get a starter up on Taiga soon.  *I apologize in advance, I suck at starters.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. [any] - by Izora Lethia - 07-11-2019, 10:38 AM