• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ALL KINGDOM

oh, i was reckless, once was breathless
    but i’ve got a feeling and keep believing i’m never gonna give this back

It doesn’t surprise her to learn that her parents had reconciled. She hadn’t been clear on the details of their fight — their relationship seemed to be an endless cycle of conflict and making up — and Isilme had more important things to do, like play games with Spot and Austra and learn how to fly. Her parents seem as close as ever as she approaches them, Spot trotting along behind her. Gross, she thinks to him, and she can tell without even looking back at him that he is rolling his eyes at her. She loves both of her parents, and wants them to be happy, she just doesn’t want to have to see it. Isilme finds her place in the small crowd next to Clayton, a kind, familiar face, and Spot settles on her other side.
    It does surprise her, though she would never outwardly show it, to learn her mother was leaving the Cove to live with her father in Pangea. She had yet to visit their new home, though it certainly held a reputation for being almost as rowdy as Loess. It also held a reputation for being a literal hellhole, so it made sense that her father would enjoy it there, but Dawn? Isilme could only assume that she had agreed to whatever agreement they came to without her actually visiting Pangea first. It was the only explanation she could come up with.
    She listens to them patiently (unusual, for her) — her father first, making his announcement, and her ears perk as he says they need a new leader for the Cove. Clayton predictably offers to lead, but Isilme finds that she (also predictably) cannot keep her mouth shut.
    “I could lead too, dad,” she says, glancing at her parents before continuing, “I’d be good at it. And I’d rather stay here.”

isilme

Messages In This Thread
    ALL KINGDOM - by litotes - 07-01-2019, 01:28 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Clayton - 07-06-2019, 10:57 AM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by isilme - 07-10-2019, 11:42 AM