• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  scattered in the mud; any
    Mary quickly dismisses herself, an act that Castile should have anticipated. What could she possibly do here? Sylva is no longer hers to own, to recruit for, to love. It’s a casket of memories that she abandons with a snide glance and rushed steps. Quietly amused, he watches her departure before swinging his gaze back to the male whilst observing the rhinoceros horn protruding. A fascinating upgrade, he muses with eyes that glimmer thoughtfully and mischievously.

”Arka,” he repeats in a low whisper before crinkling his chin and nodding as though in approval, ”well met.” They hold each other’s attention, Castile’s intrigue piqued by the soldier’s confession. It berths a low, gravely chuckle. ”That’s fairly relatable. I’ve always been geared toward fighting as well. I never possessed an eloquent tongue,” although he isn’t terrible at the trade, it certainly isn’t his forte. Thus far, he has been fortunate in that most of his diplomatic visits have been among friends and family. Those outside of the ring are more commonly enemies that do not deserve kind words and amiable smiles. His world, it appears, is starkly black and white. ”Loess can certainly use more soldiers,” he rests the bait down thoughtfully, contemplating what role the kingdom will have in the near future. ”No, no. I don’t give freebies. You earn what you deserve,” he pauses to look at the worn path Mary took to leave, ”And I will it back if you prove dishonest or disloyal.” For a fleeting moment, a stern sense of malice shadows his brow. ”Mary was a victim of that.”

He says nothing more of the matter, deciding instead to veer toward Arka’s question. It lightens his face, albeit slightly as the battle relives in the back of his thoughts.

There is so much that he can say, so much that he can admit to. So, why hesitate? Dishonesty boils his blood and so he decides against it. Instead, he rests in front of Arka an open book. ”To give you a taste – Loess is ambitious. We do not bend to anyone. We recently destroyed half of another kingdom during a war. We – I – just took back Sylva from the hands of traitors,” Loess would have supported him, but it was a sole battle between kings that he took victory over. It was Castile that ripped the forest from traitorous hands – no one else. ”We enjoy chaos and waking up a slumbering Beqanna, but we also know when to sit back and relax.” In a sense, it can be perceived as domination, but he hesitates to use the word. ”Through friends and family, Loess’ reach is expanding. It has found success on the shoulders of those that work hard and work for the benefit of the kingdom. There is potential found in many places now should you have the interest or ambition.”

@[Arka]

Messages In This Thread
    scattered in the mud; any - by Arka - 06-29-2019, 11:10 PM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Mary - 07-01-2019, 02:25 PM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Arka - 07-01-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Mary - 07-05-2019, 09:24 PM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Arka - 07-10-2019, 10:35 AM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Castile - 07-10-2019, 12:46 PM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Mary - 07-10-2019, 09:01 PM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Arka - 07-11-2019, 09:47 AM
    RE: scattered in the mud; any - by Castile - 07-16-2019, 03:00 PM