• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

take a walk through the wreckage —clearing out my head
    i hear your eyes roll right down the phone
    i'm your walking disaster keep on dragging me
    from self-pity —poor me

Kelynen bounds eagerly after his father, but his gait is more a series of springs than a match for his sire’s canter. He will grow nearly to Litotes height one day, a handsome blending of his two fine parents and, he hopes, as strong and fearless. He admires his father’s snowflakes as he does Kensa’s gold and tries to keep pace so he can brush his little nose against Lie’s silver muzzle. He feels very plain compared to almost all of his family. “Take me somewhere with you, please!” He replies at once, stopping to toss his head bravely though he has never left Hyaline without Risk, and never ever with Kensa. Though perhaps they need not leave Hyaline at all. 

The white legged boy is not the adventurer his mother and sister are. Kelynen is soft spoken, reserved and often cautious but the opportunity to spend time with his father makes him eager to spirit away before Kensa or even one of his other siblings can snatch even a fraction of the Archon’s attention. The boy knows he ought to suggest something but he spends most of his time in the meadow and the valley bottom unless Risk is dragging him someplace and so is not able to conjur an idea. White and flaxen tail switching eagerly he opens his mouth to say where he wants to go and then closes it again because he truly does not know.

“I want to see a place you like to go.” Kelynen finally says meekly hoping that idea is enough to make him seem eager to spend time with his sire and appreciate the things he appreciates.

kelynen
    how do you always know?

@[litotes] god don't you hate same day replies :x:

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM