• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I walk slowly when I’m on my own - Jesper, any
    The black had returned to the Isle before the first snowflake drifted down to the Beqanna mainland. Of course, the same could not be said for the floating bit of land. Aptly named, the Isle is often decorated in a winter scene. His light blue gaze could see the snow white shore that awaits him, from Nerine. Jesper makes the swim just as he has done many times before. The chill from the frigid water begins to seep into his muscles by the time he reaches the other side. The stallion clambers onto the shore and pulls himself onto all fours. He stands for a moment, nostrils billowing from the exertion, until an arctic wind breaks against his flattened coat. He attempts a whole body shake in order to dry his ebony pelt, but the moisture clings tight, already beginning to freeze. He can feel the cold sinking deeper into his body and, the black knows he must get warm and dry. He wastes no more time and, in seconds, Jesper wills himself into his thick-coated canine form.

The silver fox spends the winter days meandering between his cave, and the arctic expanse. No one passes by. In fact, Jesper does not catch the far-off scent or, hear the crunch of snow from any - residents or, travelers. The canine figures that, at the very least, his cave would attract anyone seeking relief. He never thought of himself of an aggressive male - whether in equine or canine form. And, he does not think he looks aggressive but, supposes most would steer clear of a fox in its den.

On this particular day, Jesper is on patrol. The wind is milder than it has been; a sign that winter is yielding to spring. His pelt billows as the air brushes past him. He allows his light blue gaze to adjust to the soft light of dawn before he shuffles into motion. His fur-lined ears catch the high-pitched squeals of a rodent close-by. His interest perks at the thought of a snack and, quietly he pads closer. He stops once on top of it and, when the critter is back to its scurrying, and unsuspecting, Jesper launches off of the earth and dives into the snow. With mouth agape, he grabs the mouse and squishes it. He swallows the mouthful with a satisfying smack of his lips before strolling off to see what the rest of the day holds for him. It is soon thereafter that Leilan's call is heard and, without hesitation, Jesper is bounding towards the roan, scaled stallion.

He arrives with a warm smile upon his features. This would be his first interaction with another in weeks, and this is his brother! Furry ears are buried into thick coat (the meaning of which is the complete opposite of when a horse does it) and, upper lips are peeled back in a submissive greeting. All the while, the canine's entire body twists and wiggles. He darts between the thick steed's front legs, twisting and rubbing against them a few times before he dances out from underneath. He listens closely and, what he hears is not exactly what he had expected to hear. It had not been long since Jesper was dubbed a council member and, Leilan, the Ice Prince. He liked his post. He felt important again. Now, his brother wants to hand the title over to him. With a history of leaders in his family, Jesper always aspired to be one himself.

As the gravity of Leilan's conversation sinks in, Jesper quickly subdues and, also assumes a noble stance. He dips his skull in a gesture of respect but, also to give himself a moment more to ponder this proposal. He makes a point to think on it reasonably long enough before he raises his gaze to meet the baroque-built stallion. He steadies his tone before he replies. "It is I who would be honored, Leilan. I hope you know that your rule has been full of peace and calmness through all of the plague mayhem." He breaks eye contact to paw the snow as he figures out his words. "I aspire to continue this serenity and, be half as successful as you have proven. Thank you for all of the opportunities you have made possible for me, brother." A meeting would be the next phase but, it seemed proper to allow Leilan the honor of summoning the lot and making the announcement. Unless, of course, he wants to be on his merry way. While waiting for the larger male's response, Jesper makes a mental note that he will need to venture across the water to connect with Heartfire and, the remainder of Nerine.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I walk slowly when I’m on my own - Jesper, any - by Jesper - 05-18-2019, 07:14 AM