• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I could really use a wish right now, Ripley
    remarkable boy, I do admire your courage.
    I think I'll eat your heart

They are so close, so close to finishing this meal. The younger one has her gleaming jaws on the green one’s neck when they are interrupted – she’s trying to tear out the girl’s throat to stop the screams, stop the crying. Her mother was meanwhile making a mess of the girl’s flank, tearing through muscle and shedding blood.

Until.

A roar of frustration rips through the mother as she is knocked aside, teeth grazing along the mare’s side in almost a caress as she loses her grip and is pushed aside.

The daughter snarls in anger and her attention falls away from what was rightfully their meal – this creature has no right to contest them for it now. Although a little larger than them, the two xenomorphs are too furious with the interruption to really be intimidated. Surely, they could gang up and take on this thing in addition to the already-beaten one on the ground.

The larger one snaps back, her tail whipping dangerously behind her. They’re not used to someone attempting to bully them around – few have stood up to them and even fewer have made a successful display. It’s usually only their master that eventually calls them off.

But Anaxarete isn’t here. There’s no one to tighten the leashes of these dogs.

The smaller of the hunters surges forward to meet one of the lunges the dragon is making – snapping with her own teeth and trying to get a purchase on the scaly flesh. Although these hunters are formidable, their figure is still that of a horse. There’s only so much flexibility allowed to them, especially as decorated with armoured plates as they are.

It’s a shock when the teeth of the dragon latch onto the thinner plates around the daughter’s neck, and she sees nothing but fuming anger when she feels the tear in her skin. Acidic blood sprays outward, sizzling with anger on anything it touches, be it ground or flesh. It’s enough to make that hunter retreat a beat.

As she does, it’s her mother’s turn to lunge, an effort to shove the dragon away in the same manner that it had her. She’s knocked by that powerful tail and, though she wields her own in an attempt to at least carve up the dragon a little, the force is enough to knock the breath out of her.

Although they would drive themselves into a frenzy for a meal, destroying themselves in the process, they have to accept that sometimes they are not enough.

A low clicking noise comes from the larger of the pair and the smaller snaps her head in that direction, as though in disbelief, but with an angry snarl she shifts her weight and retreats. It leaves a sour taste in both of their mouths.

The soft flesh of horses has always been a favourite meal, but they're consumed by the idea of tearing into that scaled flesh.

The next time they meet a dragon, they’ll kill it. And the one after that. And on and on until there are no more dragons.

ripley & nostromo
    XXVIII eaten to date-----

@[Evenstar]
    Aliens be like 'WELL ALRIGHT I GUESS WE'LL LEAVE but we'll be back'

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could really use a wish right now, Ripley - by Ripley - 06-20-2019, 05:16 PM