• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tell me that it's all okay, any

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

Returning to the den is an accident. The first time she had come here it had been because she craved motherhood so intensely that it could not be helped, she had to look, to see what little creature might be waiting for the love she was so desperate to give. The girl she found had been waiting so long, all but forgotten in this sad little place. How had no one come to choose her?

It is by accident that Kensa sees Virgo, a stranger, walking away from the den. The two women do not speak as they pass one another. Kensa does not learn her name, or ask her what she has done or why. The sabino would not have understood a few years ago but after giving birth to Kelynen… Her topaz eyes only pass over the mare’s brown ones calmly and quietly and then they each go on towards their own lives without ever meeting.

Passing among the trees and into the den she notes that there are more of them this time. More than she can take home with her and it breaks her heart. She can only take one. She is already nursing the small palomino boy and must make sure she has enough for him. One other will be okay but no more. So she follows the path the prism marbled woman took out of the den until it leads her to the rounded bundle of black fuzz and silver shine. The babe is dozing in that rapid-breathing infant way and Kensa tries to resist touching her but cannot help reaching out to brush the narrow delicate spine and then the sweetly rounded little barrel, finally exhaling softly over the small drooping ears. “How new you are. Don’t dream your first dreams in this place.” She murmurs to gently to coax the girl back to the waking world.

kensa
    love is madness

@[Risk]

Messages In This Thread
    tell me that it's all okay, any - by Virgo - 05-08-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay, any - by Kensa - 05-10-2019, 11:34 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay, any - by Risk - 05-23-2019, 02:49 PM