• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris)

Winter bites, but not so hard this far south. Her fangs are still sharp and they rake against Wolfbane’s sides, trying hard to chill him through a thick coat and fatter sides now that the Plague seems to have finally passed. Walking stoically along a frost-dusted path he pulls his wings tight around himself like a white cape against the low winds, and trudges on brittle turf in search of a hot spring. Sure, he could stay at home atop his nest where source water bubbled and steamed and kept the ice off your wings, but it was his turn to take the triplets out for a rendevouz and personally, he needed the exercise.

Tiercel, firstborn of the three and shoving his way to the forefront of the pack, keeps his warm blue gaze trained on their destination and not on his other two siblings who follow behind. Gale and Eyas seem to be playing a made up game with each other; they take turns closing their eyes and giggling madly when one stumbles over a rock or bumps into a seasonally-bare bush. Their patriarch couldn’t possibly be prouder of the three and their distinct natures, even though his eyes linger on Gale because he is the smallest and most refined of the three.

“Eyas, Gale, come on and keep up.” His robust, familiar voice encourages them. The two fledglings mind him and patter forward on long legs, keeping their eldest triplet to one far side of Wolfbane. “Can Myrrah come dad?” Eyas asks, mentioning the ‘imaginary’ friend she’d created and insisted accompany them like an invisible quadruplet. Peering down into her wide, hopeful face her father sighs a breath of white smoke. “Only if you’re on your best behavior.” He tells her firmly.

She straightens up… until Gale reaches across to tug her mane and they explode into a fit of high-pitched laughter again.

Troublesome, he thinks of them both, glancing aside at Tiercel and his aggravated expression, but not newborn going on one hundred like this one.

Nearing his wits end, the group crests a small embankment and there they pause, eyeing a billowing cloud of fog that drifts up from a winding stream. “There it is -” Wolfbane hardly spits out before the three are racing towards the water, “Tiercel make sure they dip a hoof in first!” He commands the eldest triplet, and then laughs himself before sliding down to join them.

Only he pauses.
    A sound from nearby stops him, followed by the dark flicker of movement.

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[vulgaris] I thought they could have a brounion and also a kiddo play-date?
    @[kahzie] I borrowed Gale
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by Wolfbane - 05-05-2019, 09:20 PM
    RE: Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by vulgaris - 05-08-2019, 07:35 PM
    RE: Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by Wolfbane - 05-13-2019, 02:11 AM
    RE: Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by litotes - 05-14-2019, 12:56 AM