• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't have my head on straight ; starsin
    He’s honestly not even sure why he decided to follow Starsin’s advice and come to Loess, but he had anyways. There, he had made a home to raise his children in, and though they are still young, they have been raised in relative safety. None of them have contracted the plague yet, at least, though he knows Cress would do her very best to keep the young ones as healthy as possible. He does love them, but they are not quite convincing him to stay here. Cress would watch over them if he were to leave, and make sure that they grow up well.

He has an itch to wander. He wonders if he was ever truly drawn to this place, or if the girl had just been manipulative enough to persuade him that he belonged in Loess. That Cress was safest here, in a world that was hunting down healers to bend to their wills. He knows that was a lie – Castile just wanted to keep the healers to himself, to make the world grovel at his hooves in order to get a taste of relief. Before Oxytocin had gone to his daughter and dragged her away from the Resort, she was helping; she was healing. She had been traveling between Tephra and Island Resort to give aid to their infected and he had pulled her away from that. She had important duties here, and she would be safe. What had become of that? All she has done is worry about her daughter and help raise her siblings.

He has not seen sweet Dawn in some time, since the day she visited all of them with the scent of a man clinging to her skin. A wash in a river and some hours near the border had not washed away the scent of the lion or the sweat marks that clung to her flanks, and she had not fooled anyone. Cress yearned to go help the girl once her time of birthing drew near, but she hadn’t dared leave Loess without Castile’s permission. He had spent several nights comforting his draconic daughter while waves of smoke rolled from her tongue and tears dried on her cheeks.

The man is just... tired of it. His life has become monotonous and he is bored.

The morning light wakes him early and he climbs to his hooves to stretch, his dark eyes scanning the horizon for any of his children. It seems as though he is alone for once, and he sighs as he comes to accept it. They have grown and have their own lives now, and though he is grateful, he is so damn bored.

@[Starsin]
    immune.

Messages In This Thread
    i don't have my head on straight ; starsin - by Oxytocin - 04-16-2019, 11:54 PM