• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Star Light, Star Bright [Any]
    [style] .Oracle_cont { position: relative; z-index: 1; background-color: #0f0f1b; width: 500px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 1px #aaa; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; border: double #db8b66;} .Oracle_cont p { margin: 0; } .Oracle_image { position: relative; z-index: 4; width: 500px; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; } .Oracle_text { position: relative; z-index: 6; width: 400px; } .Oracle_msg { position: relative; font: 16px 'Amatic SC', serif; text-align: center; color: #db8b66; padding: 30px 10px 10px; } .Oracle_name { position: absolute; z-index: 9; text-align: center; font: 50px 'Allura', cursive; color: #1d1b29; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 95px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #c6c2d5; } [/style]

All I could remember of my venture was the want to be home.  To curl into the safety of my mother's breast and feel the soft touch of my brothers muzzle upon my skin.  I had wanted to warn them of the terrors I had witnessed, but how could I.  No words would escape my lips.  They could not possibly know my deepest fears by just the panic that radiated from my eyes.  They would not know the dangers that lurked outside our safe haven.  But these are childish worries.  Perhaps they did already know...

In a whirlwind of events, my mind was lost to darkness.  I had wandered endlessly in an abyss of confusion. Lost.  I often found myself staring into the skies above, seeking direction and counsel.  The stars remained silently hung out of reach, leaving me to my wanderings.  Occasionally I chose one to follow, the brightest of all, but alas it would disappear with the light of day and I would be alone again.  

After many days, maybe weeks, my body had taken on the reflection of the sky I envied.  No longer would I need to search for the stars, as they clung tightly to my sides.  Often finding my magic in the night, I would sprinkle myself in stardust, watching the twinkling of light illuminate the darkness around me. 

In these weeks after, I had grown substantially.  My unsure stance became poised, each placement of hoof transported me quickly from one destination to the next.  Spending my days leisurely plucking at the sweet grasses, I avoided contact with the many others I had come across.  I was different and so I kept to myself, sneaking along the outer edges of lands, just out of view.  The wide expanse of the meadow lie to my right as I picked my way along the forest's edge.  A falling of silver-lavender forelock draped across the left side of my profile, my right eye was ever vigilant to any activity in the grasses.

If I had been spotted, and another took interest in me, I would be quick to wrap myself in a nearly invisible cloak.  Leaving the stranger to wonder if perhaps I had been a figment of their imagination. In my hiding I would watch them blink in wonder, finding myself longing for companionship but too shy to take the leap.

My curiosity would get the better of me someday, but until then I was content on remaining a shadow.  It wasn't hard with my preferences of living an active nightlife.  Even tonight as the spring airs chills just the slightest, I call on the stars above to comfort me, to kiss my flesh in rays of light. They would satisfy my cravings tonight...

~Kleopatra~
    *a voice within the stars*

Messages In This Thread
    Star Light, Star Bright [Any] - by Kleopatra - 03-16-2019, 01:21 PM
    RE: Star Light, Star Bright [Any] - by Aten - 03-17-2019, 12:08 PM
    RE: Star Light, Star Bright [Any] - by Kleopatra - 03-31-2019, 09:43 AM