• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Do you feel alive | any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Time - time is a fleeting fickle thing. You turn your head to attend one thing, and ten others happen behind your back. He wonders about them sometimes, but breaking his head about them won’t exactly work, either.

He wonders if other kingdoms are already aware of the political situations in the North; if Heartfire has gone out on her own and if so if she would ever include him, or just ignore him.

He wonders where Naia, Thorgal and Ophanim went, since they never care to visit even though they should know to pinpoint him exactly.

He wonders if Chryseis will ever find out that she is immortal now at the expense of his own.

He wonders if Oisín is alright with not being heir.

He wonders if Eurwen is alright with béing heir.

He wonders what to do next, if anything at all. Again, perhaps the world is a better place if he just hides away from it, or doesn’t exist at all.

And he wonders about Breckin, too. There is a son this time, and this is hopefully one that will not be taken away from him. But he’ll never be a good enough example, either. One can do a hundred good things in their life, but a single slip in the past - or, in his case four - ruins whatever good or bad reputation he ever could hope to hold. Is it fair? No. Life isn’t fair, after all.

He takes the opportunity today to slip away, to swim uninfluenced by the cold, ending up in the forest. Not planning on returning today; maybe at night or tomorrow morning. He needs time away. With the exception of a lucky few, nobody would probably miss him anyway.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 02-12-2019, 07:27 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-05-2019, 10:04 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-09-2019, 07:20 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-13-2019, 08:20 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-16-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-16-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-23-2019, 09:11 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 04-02-2019, 08:26 AM