• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got a game to play if you like to lose; ryatah

and lord, I fashion dark gods too;

It had been almost romantic, you see.
    Coiled to her like a snake to a mouse, bringing her vision forth. Truth was, he’d meant for it to be quicker, for her to only have a glimpse of sight. But the way she’d reacted, the excitement he’d felt from her, had changed his mind, had led him to think of other things.
    A long game, then. More interesting. It’s not as if they lacked the time.
    So they parted, her newly sighted and he newly intrigued, with a promise (his) to meet again.

He comes to fulfill that promise now, and he finds her easily enough. She’s no longer so weighed with her children, which pleases him – he is above so many mortal things, but the base desire to reproduce remains, and so there’s been something instinctual and unsettling about her stomach swollen with children that were not his.
    “Such a pleasure to see you again,” he says, meeting her eyes, and then his muzzle strokes across her neck. The place where his teeth had raked is scabbed over, nearly healed, and he seeks out other places he might wound.
    Not yet, though.

“I gave you sight,” he says. The fact he once also took it away goes unmentioned, “and you yourself said I do not give freely.”
    He still touches her, lips moving over familiar places.
    (It’s almost romantic.)
    “All I ask,” he continues, “is a bit of your company. Not here, though. It’s too crowded. Too…common. But I know a place.”
    He could make them invisible, of course, could barricade off this little space. But he is too curious to see how she might look, the stark white of her set against the backdrop of his cave. He has gone unoccupied for far too long, that place, he had not found anyone whose company he wanted for more than a moment or two.
    Perhaps she is different.
    He waits, patient, for her reply.

c a r n a g e

Messages In This Thread
    I've got a game to play if you like to lose; ryatah - by Carnage - 01-13-2019, 08:17 PM