• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

leilan;

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He's only a little disappointed. Not in Castile, obviously. But if Breckin doesn't want to tell her guards what to look out for, then it seems he is the only one able to keep watch. Doesn't exactly feel right, knowing that - so he's glad the man asks.

He sighs. "I was afraid she wouldn't have," he mumbles, a bit to himself, a bit of an explanation for the tobiano male. "Klaudius is a lavender pegasus; the one who raped queen Krone back in the day, in Ischia. Now, when me and some other fellows showed up and she never approached any of us, we voted her out as queen to favour Brennen's idea of a new brotherhood. Klaudius saw fit to throw and anger tantrum at the whole ordeal and brought his whole family - including Krone - to Tephra as if they were exiled. I don't know what happened between him and Warrick, but Wishbone, the former queen of Nerine, saw fit to capture him, but when Breckin asked him some question about his captivity, he thought it a good idea to attack her and threaten to rape and possibly kill her, too." Clearly gritting his teeth at this, he continues. "He's a threat to our queen and who knows else. If he ever sets foot here, it's not with any intention to talk, and he needs to leave as soon as possible."

The hard stare of his eyes give away he'd probably want to do more than that; like he told Breckin, if Klaudius touched her with those intentions, he'd be dead - there's no way he would be able to restrain himself in that case. But if he only showed up at the border, then the lavender man should be chased away in a more polite way - if threats and possibly faint attacks were to be called polite (in comparison to what he'd really want to do to the man, it is). Give him a chance to forfeit the intended attack. To be with the kids he'd mentioned, instead of chasing a Nerinian queen.

Leilan inhales deep, staring off into the distance for a moment, collecting his thoughts - subconsciously, again looking to where Breckin seems to be moving about leisurely, probably grazing. He knows she doesn't want him to constantly shadow her - this use of his extended vision is his compromise. Give her the space she needs to be seen as an independent queen, but should the need arise, he'd be around.

Castile looks at him humorously, and Leilan gives him a sideways grin at the words 'special invitation'. "Yeah. I don't think she dares to give me a label," he chuckles. "So I occupy myself with playing guard and trying to estimate if our warriors are good enough." He adds, holding in another laugh with a soft snort. Good enough to protect her - he doubts anyone would ever be, in his eyes, but at least he can try to make them all aware of the dangers. Since it seems she hasn't told Castile about them, he suddenly wonders if Ardashir knows who to look out for. Makes him suddenly anxious to go warn the white giant, too. But maybe at least, this story about Klaudius also tells Castile what kind of queen he has now chosen to serve - one too stubborn for her own good. One that sometimes, needs to be protected from her own stubbornness. Even if it means incurring her wrath, afterwards - he knows he would.

He can't possibly ask for every other warrior in Nerine to do the same, he thinks. But hey - letting them know about the situation, eased his mind at least a little.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Castile]
    uhhh what is time anyway
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    leilan; - by Castile - 10-08-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: leilan; - by Leilan - 10-10-2018, 04:57 AM
    RE: leilan; - by Castile - 10-10-2018, 11:06 AM
    RE: leilan; - by Leilan - 10-12-2018, 08:17 AM
    RE: leilan; - by Castile - 10-17-2018, 03:55 PM
    RE: leilan; - by Leilan - 10-20-2018, 11:22 AM