• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two hearts on a cold street; any

Leander’s brow furrowed as the girl fumbled through her response to his question. Was she an orphan? What did she mean when she said she could take a nap and ask if she could go searching with him? All of this certainly seemed to make sense to Xero, but it made much less sense to Lee. Still, he felt uncomfortable to know that she was alone. Aside from these few friends she mentioned, it sounded as though she always had been.

After quick consideration, he cleared his throat and leaned down to her level, meeting her gaze as he spoke. “In that case, you’d be very welcome to come with me.” There was something almost quizzical in his smile, for he remained a little confounded by this small yet vibrant soul. Ironically, neither of them knew that their mothers had grown up together in the Jungle, not only as best friends but as near-sisters; in fact, Leander would have recognized Quark’s name in a heartbeat, but given Xero’s current state they were both quite oblivious to the connection.

“How about this,” he began, “I’ll do some asking around to get my bearings straight, and then from there we can head out. Does that sound all right to you?” Leander wasn’t deterred by the prospect of having Xero along. Her company wouldn’t interfere with his search – and considering the strange elements she’d added to their conversation, the winged stallion was of a mind that perhaps something might jog the girl’s memory along the way.

leander
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; like a dream in my arms but i’m wide awake

Messages In This Thread
    two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-19-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 09-25-2018, 11:59 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-12-2018, 09:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Xero - 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
    RE: two hearts on a cold street; any - by Leander - 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM