• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  until the ashes of eden fall; daddy and khari
    <style type="text/css">.khalayout {width:520px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #1a1a1a;background-color:#000;} .khagradient {position:relative; width:530px; border:1px solid #000;padding:12px 10px; box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000, inset 5px 5px 25px #bbb4d6, inset -5px -5px 25px #bbb4d6;} .khapic {width:520px; height:750px; background-image:url('https://s6.postimg.cc/p4k7yufz5/kharonhtml_2.jpg');background-size:contain;margin-bottom:-80px;} .khapost {position:relative; margin-top:-180px;padding:20px;text-align:justify;font:12px times;color:#bbb3d6; background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0), rgba(0,0,0,1));}.khapost span{color:#f2f2f2;}.kharon { position: absolute; top: 560px; right: 35px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-size: 36px; color: #777; opacity:.85; text-shadow: .5px .5px #f2f2f2, -.5px -.5px #000;}</style><center><div class=khagradient><div class=khalayout><div class=khapic></div><div class="kharon">kharon</div><div class=khapost>He'd been terrified. They all had been. And still were, to some degree.

Dad would pace, and worry --in his mind. Physically, they both held on to Kali, and she held on to them. She wouldn't speak, and that's what Dad was mentally pacing and worrying over the most. She wouldn't even speak to <i>him</i> and he tried not to let it get to him. Hadn't he once meant everything to her?

She still did to him.

He sort of shut down emotionally, maybe. In a way. He certainly didn't feel like he was really feeling all of this. He knew he would normally be hurt that after all this silence and clinging, after all his fussing and curling up with her in her mind, trying to coax her to at least <i>think</i> to him, it was Dad that she spoke first to. Not him.

He supposed that might have been when he shut down, actually.

So he was here for them, but he wasn't. Here was his body, his supporting shoulder, his gentle touch. Here was whatever they needed. A hug. A smile. A kiss on a cheek.

But he wasn't really here.
    And neither was Kylin.
    Or Mom. Or Reilly. Or baby Baddie boy.

But neither was Kylin.
    He'd been everything to Kylin.

<i>You okay with heading home, son?</i>
    His grey eyes turned to Dad, registering slowly because he wasn't here just then. He blinked, and nodded. His Kali baby wanted to be home. He did too. They all did.

<i><span>Yes,</span></i> he forced out quietly into Dad's mind. And he carefully rose to his feet, magnificent wings stretching as he so gently, delicately helped Kali up too. He brushed a kiss on her cheek, the last of so many useless touches in this place. Smiled for her.

<span>"Come on, Kali. Let's get you home so we can see everyone. I bet Momma misses you. Kylin too. Reilly and Baddie. Sounds good, doesn't it?"</span> She had already said as much, sort of. But mostly he was just talking for her, letting her hear his voice. Maybe it helps even a little.
    </div></div></div></center>
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: until the ashes of eden fall; daddy and khari - by Kharon - 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM