• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; arthas
    Standing beneath the trees, I watch as the few flakes of snow drift to the frozen earth. The snow is barely more than a dusting here beneath the fiery canopy, and while I keep my wings tucked close to my golden body, it is not necessarily for warmth. Sylva lacks the hot springs of Loess, but it is not without its own natural charms. The wind here is less harsh, less chilling than the gusts across the open hills. 

I suppose the reds, golds, and oranges of the place are lovely as well, but I prefer to look away from those familiar hues, and instead keep my blue-grey gaze lower. I am waiting for Arthas, not far from the copse where we had me during my first stay here in the woods.

Much has changed since those times. He is no longer king of Sylva but of Loess, and I am no longer a captive of this kingdom, but rather its queen. I had expected to feel something different, to find myself changed. Yet despite my acceptance of a place at his side, my ascension into my rightful role, I find that something is still missing.

I mean to distract myself from this uncomfortable feeling, and I know that Arthas will help with that. There is certainly much to discuss; I have many questions about the kingdom. I have grown accustomed to the ways of Loess, to a pattern of thinking much more mercenary than traditional. What will be my role as Queen? How will it differ from that of Cleric? Will I remain Cleric of Loess as well? And to which king do I owe true fealty? Reason tells me that it is surely to Arthas, to the dappled stallion who I have given myself to, and yet I find myself dubious of my own desires. I dislike the indecision, and so I seek out the king of the autumn forest.

@[Arthas]
    thought i'd catch them up to present day since i've been away! :)

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-15-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 10:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-17-2018, 07:16 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-19-2018, 09:46 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 09-24-2018, 08:40 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Lepis - 09-25-2018, 08:52 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; arthas - by Arthas - 10-02-2018, 06:55 PM