• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone)
    Spring had passed in a blur, and is is nearly the end of the summer by the time I have a moment to myself. I do not regret my choice - raising a child has been a truly novel experience, one that I had been lacking - but there is an unexpected sense of freedom in walking alone, walking without an adventurous boy at my heels.

The sun overhead is warm on my back, and both wings are unfurled to catch as much light as as they can. The smells of wildflowers is thick on the wind, and if I close my blue-grey eyes I can almost believe that no time at all has passed since my childhood. Yet I know that I will not see my mother when I open my eyes, I know that Castile does not circle the skies with my protection mind. The land is the same, but the residents have changed.

I had never imagined my life would end up this way. I had believed, with childish naivity, that everything would work out exactly the way I wanted it to. Perhaps somewhere in some alternate timeline, some alternate Beqanna, I am whole and happy, and the child that I have left behind to play is truly my flesh and blood.

Lingering on things that cannot be is a waste of time. I shake my head as though I can scatter the notions as easily as my blue hair. I fold my wings (as best I can, given the malformation of the right) and straighten my posture as I look ahead. The hills are green and endless, and I might as well be doing something productive. Recruitment is not my forte (and why bother, when Nerine is doing that for us?) so I decide on a trip to the common lands.

The journey is not long, and I reach the open plain by midafternoon. There are clusters of horses but none stand alone. I wait, looking about curiously in the hopes of catching the eye of someone looking for conversation.

Messages In This Thread
    saw the fault line; started panicking (anyone) - by Lepis - 08-12-2018, 10:09 AM