• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova

Leilan
    Demons run,
    but count the cost...
    Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    Her body language is saying different things than her mind does, but to him, that's all she needs to say. Love has nothing to do with it, not the true kind that might have kept him from acting out, if he didn't think his chances were already ruined. If he hadn't been so angry. If she hadn't been so impossibly cute and distant at the same time.

Who he's thinking about when he caresses the white parts of the mare before him, he is not entirely sure. But her wordless actions are a promise, and although he doesn't want to take it all right away, like before, he knows he will still have it in the end - today.

And so he leads her away, over the white beaches, towards the more rocky parts of the island. He brings her where he knows no-one else cares to go look for strangers, where her colour won't stand out so much - they don't make it to the waterfall today, because when he goes in that direction, there's another on his mind. No, he goes to the eastern side of the island, and shows her the bays; crossing once, crossing two of those, because he knows they might get visitors there.

He shows her around until a sandy beach leads up to a sheltered cove that smells of seaweed but nothing more. No other horses, no other animals. He softly teases Jenova's now-salty mane, and mumbles against her ear. "Wanna see what's inside?" A small, clear brackish lake - illuminated only by the sun coming through the entrance. But most of all, they will be there together, and they will be there alone. It'd be awful if he thought about it, but he cannot find the part inside himself that should care.

All he cares about right now is to claim her, briefly for himself, just for this season, just for this day. It's different than it was with Briseis, their one-time union born of lust and opportunity - now he's creating such a moment intentionally, and it turns out, it's not that different after all.

And even though he only wants her shortly, he wants all of her.
    the battle's won, but the child is lost

@[Jenova] A bit all over the place, sorry
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova - by Leilan - 08-20-2018, 02:24 PM