• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(open) Legend has said...

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Ilma listens to Breckin and can't help but smile inwardly. Lepis with her mysteries... but still, it is clear that the Loessians can keep a secret and live a peaceful enough life - if they don't make too many enemies along the way with these contracts long-term. At the spotted mare's question then, Ilma shakes her head. "Not well, but we've met in function." she explains - clearly, she does not think of Lepis as a friend, but she doesn't have to, and that is what she tells Breckin now, also, though not directly. But she's keen, and will pick up on that for sure.

Umani says she will think about it, then asks Ilma about her own kingdom. Ah, now that's a subject that she can appreciate, and gladly tells about. She smiles, and without too much ado, answers the question as best as she can. "I most of all like that we don't meddle in other kingdoms' affairs. Whenever possible, Hyaline functions as a neutral land, and a sanctuary to those in need of a home, shelter, food and water, as well as that there's those who simply want to make a peaceful home in the mountains within a kingdom that will always try to stay out of any wars. I can't say that we will forever be successful in that, but there's no harm in trying. And of course, if you like a view - Hyaline has the best ones. The lake is always a stunner, but there's something beautiful in almost every corner of our kingdom." she explains. Well, that's probably the best summary she can give. Looking from the one mare to the other, she shrugs. "But don't feel obliged to make a decision right away, if it doesn't suit you to do so. You're welcome to visit any time, although I unfortunately have to tell you that our border with Loess at the moment is not open, because we still have to work out how much we can trust them while they switch alliances." she explains with a bit of a wry smile. She would not recommend Loess to Umani, to be honest - it's run by pirates, like Solace named them appropriately, and Ilma isn't obliged to offer Umani a herd-mare position in such a kingdom at all.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Vic] @[Breckin] sorry I'm late I didn't see it was my turn Tongue
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-08-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Breckin - 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Ilma - 08-09-2018, 03:31 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-09-2018, 06:49 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Breckin - 08-09-2018, 10:37 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-09-2018, 11:52 AM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Ilma - 08-09-2018, 02:26 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Breckin - 08-10-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Vic - 08-11-2018, 12:25 PM
    RE: (open) Legend has said... - by Ilma - 08-11-2018, 03:43 PM