• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis]

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

With a small shake of her head, she looks back from the filly to mother with sad smiling eyes. ”I am not here on business, there’s no need to seek out Ilma.  Though any other time I’d be happy to have her company.  I am simply on my way back home from a field journey.”  Her  gaze breaks from Brisesis in favor of the hazy horizon, ”It didn’t really go as planned, so please forgive my dumbstruck nature today.” 

The subtle rigidity of the dark mare hadn’t gone unnoticed.  Breckin didn’t blame the young mother in the slightest.  With so much turmoil festering in Sylva and even the lands beyond, it was hard not to be suspicious around strange individuals.  Espcially a foreign woman who couldn’t seem to stop glancing at the beautiful gold kissed filly.

Before she can say more on the subject however, little Chryseis is quick to share more information about her gold blaze.  Even though certain pieces are still settling into place in her mind, Breckin is well practiced enough to keep the warm smile that stretches her lips as the filly tells of her adventure in learning to swim.  In spite of the soft smile, she can’t ignore the tight clenching at the pit of her stomach; she can only hope that her mask is sturdy today. “I think your mother is wise to be weary of Beqanna’s dangers.  There are many out there.  I’d listen carefully to her advice, if I were you.”

She watches quietly as Briseis delicately asks Chryseis to quiet down.  It’s a simple gesture, but it’s admirable all the same, how a meager touch can cause such a reaction.  What other meanings could a brief touch hold? In her heart she knew, her memories skipping back to when she’d tugged playfully at those golden locks, and the warmth of his lips on her ear.  So much could be said in such a way with so little effort.  But that day, had been different in so many ways.  And with that, she forces her memory to cut out; she couldn’t afford to revisit the past right now. 

Not as the ebony mare was gently answering her question, and certainly not as Chryseis boldly confirms her suspicions.

The leopard mare nods solemnly, closing her eyes momentarily.  It was not as surprising as she had expected it to be.  Where there was once a twisted not in her stomach, there is no longer; where there was once a throbbing dull ache in heart, there was no longer; where the tears spill freely in trails down her pale cheeks, they were no more.  Just numbness—a simple defense mechanism for a splintered heart.

She would feel all of those things later, just not now.  Not when a bright eyed girl so easily reminiscent of her father stood smiling nearby her.  If Leilan could not be a part of her life immediately, then maybe, a small friendship between his daughter and daughter’s mother could blossom in the absence of his presence.  It wouldn’t fill the hole, but maybe it would smooth the jagged edges of it.

A pink colored flower swayed lazily in the sea breeze, and with little effort, Breckin reaches with her telekinetic whims to pluck it from its stem, bringing it to lay upon the sand near the blue roan girl.  Her dark eyes look from Chryseis to Briseis, “I could put it in your mane if you’d like, with your mother’s blessing?”

There was no need to talk about the gold adorned stallion anymore; she was not entirely sure how much longer she could, even if she wanted to.  The tiredness is unmistakeable in her eyes as she smile softly at Briseis again—nothing more than a simple thank you.

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Briseis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis] - by Breckin - 08-25-2018, 03:30 PM